Official Match Thread Round 14: West Coast Wonders vs Geelong Gumbies at Subiaco Oval (MOTR)

Remove this Banner Ad

West Coast Wonders vs Geelong Gumbies

The last game of the round is also match of the round with two of the finals contenders, the Wonder and Gumbies doing battle in round 14. This last game will be a cracking contest, the Gumbies have come from nowhere, winning five games in a row to storm into second after a horror start to the season which almost saw slip too far behind to make the finals. But they have been all class since then and come into the match as favourites and also on a hot streak. A win for them will see them finish in the four but a loss could see them slip out of the finals which would be a real shame after such a strong finish to the year.

Like the Gumbies, the Wonders face a similar fate. A win for the Wonders will secure a finals berth whilst a loss could see them slip out of the four and miss the finals race. The Wonders’ season has been played in patches with wins and losses coming in blocks of form. Last week was a win for them so that could bring them another one if their “block” style of form stays true.

This will be the best game of the round though, both teams with everything to play for, finals on one hand, maybe even a double chance if things go well. One thing’s for sure though, this will be a fantastic match of football.

Teams to be posted by Sunday 28th November 9pm AEST (10pm AEDT, 7pm AWST, 11am UTC).

Essential that we get a win if we want to play finals footy.

Carn WCW :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Gumbies to win and stick it to those who left us for the Wonders.

No better incentive than seeking revenge on the good name of the Gumbies. Well.. maybe as we also need to win to make the finals, that's a pretty good incentive too

Maybe if the Gumbies didn't recruit spamming hacks that made it unbearable to play with then those that left the Gumbies wouldnt have.......we will never know ;)

Anyway.....what Frothies said!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe if the Gumbies didn't recruit spamming hacks that made it unbearable to play with then those that left the Gumbies wouldnt have.......we will never know ;)

Anyway.....what Frothies said!!!

Unbearable? Methinks someone just couldn't stand the heat and got out of the kitchen because I have no trouble ignoring them, and for the most part you've also been ignored as you've gone on your agenda against the Gumbies since the transfer. I can respect your decision to move to the Wonders, you did what's best for your sanity and in doing so proved that you were a lesser man than I in the process, so hey, why shouldn't I adore your decision?

But then, if you had remained at the Gumbies, we could never have known what an invertebrate whinger you were. Or hang on, nah you'd still be having a cry at them spamming and being overly excitable. :thumbsu:

You should have left after my 3rd Book of Buzz was published, might have helped your cause.

the_book_of_buzz.gif

Cause then maybe you'd have the characteristics of a tiger instead of a jellyfish. :thumbsu:

I like how LJ's put the different time zones in the OP. Saves Peterss spending 20 minutes counting the hours on his fingers trying to figure out the difference to WST.

B:CrazyQ Nicsuban Aidancdaman
HB:Crimson King Mop Magpiegirl_13
C:postmanpav ClarkeM Fuji Rock
HF:StKildaMan Marklar33 Rick18
F:Storm20 croweater 41 EKA
R:Shallow, Frothies McVeigh, ShaunDuggan

INT:Snag Breac, South Swans

One positional Change
Shaunduggan to Rover
Marklar to CHF

Lets do this Gumbies! Win here and 2nd place is ours, and we go into the finals with the best possible form. No doubt the Wonders will be tough at Subi, but we have a proven record in big games so we have every chance here. Its still remotely possible for us to miss the finals so we can't drop the intensity here boys, carn Gumbies!! GG10!! :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back