TrentFromPunchy

Debutant
Nov 24, 2008
Punchbowl
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
GRIMES
Now.. I don't tend to write much on these boards, I prefer to waltz around and read opinions but this news I cannot hold back.

I've heard from my tomato sauce (very close friend) that Tom is now wanting to speed up all contract talks with MFC. From what he said, sounds like Tom is feeling the heat and doesn't want to burden the team with media inuendo for the whole season. Obviously I can't reveal my sauce but if I was to tell you who, then you'd feel as reassured as I do.

This situation was none of Toms fault and some people on this board have been quick to judge this young bloke. He just wants to play footy and get on with it.

Trust me on this one, watch this space.

Also as a token of celebration watch this awesome Watts montage.
[YOUTUBE]vXwJDtGBG1c[/YOUTUBE]

Re: Sit back, relax... Toms here for good.

Fingers crossed.

hopefully this is true, a lot of people have been very harsh on tom ... hopefully he can re-sign and stay a melbourne player for what will undoubtedly be a great career

hopefully this is true, a lot of people have been very harsh on tom ... hopefully he can resign and stay a melbourne player for what will undoubtedly be a great career

UMMM...... puppet master I hate to be stickler on this but i hope he RE-SIGNS not resigns...... completely different meaning!!!!!

There was a massive media circus a few years back when the hun reported that Buckley had resigned. Slight typo - massive change in meaning :)

UMMM...... puppet master I hate to be stickler on this but i hope he RE-SIGNS not resigns...... completely different meaning!!!!!

There was a massive media circus a few years back when the hun reported that Buckley had resigned. Slight typo - massive change in meaning :)

haha true, my mistake.. certainly don't want him to resign

There is nothing better than MFC supporters showing passion, deep down, we all want what is best for the club.

With that said, I find myself shaking my head in utter disgust when reading some of the posts regarding the TS situation.

Some people either don’t proof-read, or they have no idea how the media operates. This rumour is nothing more than that, fuelled by media personalities, concerned only by the bottom line.

Before we judge a young footballer, (who we all love like a son) lets take a big deep breath and don’t fight fire with fire.

Personally, I can’t see him going anywhere. Lets give the kid a break.

hopefully this is true, a lot of people have been very harsh on tom ... hopefully he can re-sign and stay a melbourne player for what will undoubtedly be a great career

YOU have been the harshest on Tom Scully throughout this whole saga!!

Shame on you if he does sign!

There is nothing better than MFC supporters showing passion, deep down, we all want what is best for the club.

With that said, I find myself shaking my head in utter disgust when reading some of the posts regarding the TS situation.

Some people either don’t proof-read, or they have no idea how the media operates. This rumour is nothing more than that, fuelled by media personalities, concerned only by the bottom line.

Before we judge a young footballer, (who we all love like a son) lets take a big deep breath and don’t fight fire with fire.

Personally, I can’t see him going anywhere. Lets give the kid a break.

Spot on mate. Great post.

Everything was fine until Eddie comes out making unfounded claims of a 'done deal'. Then everyone loses their s**t. Ridiculous- but understandable.

Eddie's worried beyond belief because he knows its likely he'll lose one of Pendles, Daisy or Swan. So he comes out with claims aimed at diverting attention from the Pies. It's backfiring now as Sheedy is talking up how he wants one of those three more than anyone.

This is Eddie today- claiming he's gonna poach GWS players in a few years. REEKING of desperation if you ask me;

"I've just a put a team together of your 17-year-olds who'll be sick of living up in the 'land of the falafel' in western Sydney playing in front of a 12,000-seat stadium that's still not put up,'' McGuire said.
"And they can come back to the MCG and play in [front of] 100,000 every week at Collingwood. We'll be looking forward to getting stuck into you in about two seasons' time."

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/pies-will-poach-giants-stars-20110210-1aooc.html

He's very worried.

YOU have been the harshest on Tom Scully throughout this whole saga!!

Shame on you if he does sign!

i think the only harsh thing i said was that IF he signs it would reflect poorly on his character and we should play him in the vfl, that's only if we know he had signed...

hardly the "harshest" of the statements made about tom

also, i didn't say i wasn't one of those 'a lot'

i think the only harsh thing i said was that IF he signs it would reflect poorly on his character and we should play him in the vfl, that's only if we know he had signed...

hardly the "harshest" of the statements made about tom

also, i didn't say i wasn't one of those 'a lot'
hmm read over your posts!! you said stuff like "hate him forever" and something about making a 'voodoo' doll im sure..

so much about your posts leads me to believe that you are either a poorly educated man or a child

hmm read over your posts!! you said stuff like "hate him forever" and something about making a 'voodoo' doll im sure..

so much about your posts leads me to believe that you are either a poorly educated man or a child

haha i'm pretty sure i never said either of those things, especially a voodoo doll

i may have said 'i'll never forgive him'

take that last sentence and apply it to yourself ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Half the stuff in the Scully thread must be ignored to some extent, most of us are just venting. Frustration causes us too write the first thing that comes to mind. Worry takes over, lol

Now.. I don't tend to write much on these boards, I prefer to waltz around and read opinions but this news I cannot hold back.

I've heard from my tomato sauce (very close friend) that Tom is now wanting to speed up all contract talks with MFC. From what he said, sounds like Tom is feeling the heat and doesn't want to burden the team with media inuendo for the whole season. Obviously I can't reveal my sauce but if I was to tell you who, then you'd feel as reassured as I do.

This situation was none of Toms fault and some people on this board have been quick to judge this young bloke. He just wants to play footy and get on with it.

If this be the case, can we expect him to sign soon? Mid-year at the latest? I don't think I can handle it any longer as it is...

On the other hand though, if he hasn't signed by mid-year... can we then assume this sauce was wrong? :(

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I posted on the Poll thread -

Sculls is staying with the mighty dees...
he is a smart kid and wants to win premierships with his mates.

This all driven by is manager who wants to get his client more bucks which gets him another ferrari in his driveway.

The more money Tom makes the more money he makes...

would an article on the MFC website which depicts the signing of said contract also make you happy?

No, I need to be there witnessing the signature.

[youtube]vXwJDtGBG1c[/youtube]

I too hope you are right mate, but many other other people including top line journo's have had there sources say otherwise! It's not going to go away until he puts pen to paper officially for either team. We need to secure this kid asap. And no offence mate, i really hope your source is a reliable and accurate one. Scully will be a gun....

The pressure certainly is on the lad - wouldnt surprise me if Cam Schwabb had a little hand in pushing this rumour out just to keep the pressure on Tom.

He wont wait all year and then re-sign with us. If its going to happen it will be soon.

The pressure certainly is on the lad - wouldnt surprise me if Cam Schwabb had a little hand in pushing this rumour out just to keep the pressure on Tom.

He wont wait all year and then re-sign with us. If its going to happen it will be soon.
That's the dumbest thing I have ever read. "Let's try and destablise the club so Scully can sign up quicker". This is all Eddie's doing and I hope it bites him on the ass.

That's the dumbest thing I have ever read. "Let's try and destablise the club so Scully can sign up quicker". This is all Eddie's doing and I hope it bites him on the ass.

Ive seen plenty of dumber posts - many of them from you actually :rolleyes:

We were going to face this all season in any case - pushing it a little harder might work out to be very smart if it pushes Scully into signing quickly rather than waiting until the end of the year.

[youtube]vXwJDtGBG1c[/youtube]

Bwahahahaha, awesome montage!! :D :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back