Games & Recreation GD Debating Competition Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
New thread for the big one, Crimson Azure v Caesar!

Mods - could you please sticky this one, and unsticky the other one after a couple of days once people have had a chance to view Ben v Crimson. Thanks very much :)

Grand Final Rules

- Arguments and rebuttals need to be submitted within the same one week timeframe, despite the Easter break

- The same rules regarding length, images etc. apply

- There will only be one debate and topic to decide the winner, not best of 3 etc.

- An extra rebuttal will be allowed after the first rebuttal, where the debaters will for the first time get the chance the counter their opponent's response to their own argument

- The judging will be conducted privately by a panel of 7 judges: dales.girl38, Lazarus, Ochre, Messenger, c00lcat, getthefooty and gogriff. Ben the Gooner and Freakie can be added to make it 9 if they confirm their willingness to participate in time

- The topic of debate was specially reserved for the occasion by Pumbi before the competition started, to decide the overall winner

----

The topic has now been sent to Crimson Azure & Caesar. Good luck guys :)

IndieBet, post away :thumbsu:

Apologies if the topic I chose doesn't live up to the hype. I liked it however, and I hope the two competitors can make a good debate out of it.

What is the word count for the rebuttal to the rebuttal?

Same as the first rebuttal :)

Is this thing still going? Lost interest in it aaages ago.

It really kicked up a gear in the quarter finals. Have a read back through the round 2 thread, which also has the QF and SF debates in it if you get a chance :thumbsu:

Apologies if the topic I chose doesn't live up to the hype. I liked it however, and I hope the two competitors can make a good debate out of it.

I have no idea what to do with it just yet.

Caesar what are you thoughts on the topic, without going into too much detail?

You have said we need to do both the opening arguments & rebuttals in the next week, how tight will the cut off time be?

Hey gg can you post the draw so we can have a look through our paths to the final.

Maybe we make it like survivor & do the walk of remembrance & pay tribute to those fallen in battle. :)

Caesar what are you thoughts on the topic, without going into too much detail?
First debate where I opened the PM and didn't have any sort of clear idea how to approach it.

The email alert of the PM has been flagged for follow-up in Outlook under the multipurpose category 'Too Hard Basket'. Will worry about it at some stage in the next few days.

I have no idea what to do with it just yet.

First debate where I opened the PM and didn't have any sort of clear idea how to approach it.

Exxxxcellent
/Monty Burns

Hey gg can you post the draw so we can have a look through our paths to the final.

Maybe we make it like survivor & do the walk of remembrance & pay tribute to those fallen in battle. :)

debate.jpg

Vale inferior GDers :(

You have said we need to do both the opening arguments & rebuttals in the next week, how tight will the cut off time be?

It's one week for the arguments, then a second week for the first rebuttals, then a third week for the second rebuttals. Sorry for any confusion.

Timelines are strict, in that the many fans of the competition will be disappointed if there is a delay, however I would hate to see the final decided by default.

I enjoyed being the #1 seed for this year's comp ;)

Best of luck to the finalists, I'm really keen to see the topic.

The topic relates to the best way to spend your time, option A or option B ;)

P.S. Do you want to be a judge for the GF? I need someone to replace Freakie for BtG to join and still keep an odd number of judges

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sub'd, sorry about not being able to judge.:)

Where the hell are the indiebet odds?

IndieBet, where everyone's a winner:

Caesar $2.40
Crimson $3.50

GriffBet:

Caesar $1.60
Crimson $2.60

Have I been favorite in any of the debates?

I would give it to Caesar on this one though.

Has Caesar done his yet?

My understanding was that they were due 5:00pm today.

Just submitted mine.

I had set 5pm Sunday 24/4 as the cutoff, but I've only received yours. I just didn't want it to drag out like it did after Christmas. Hopefully Caesar is back on board shortly.

I had set 5pm Sunday 24/4 as the cutoff, but I've only received yours. I just didn't want it to drag out like it did after Christmas. Hopefully Caesar is back on board shortly.

What do you mean back? I stalked his profile & hes been posting heaps the last few days. 24/4 was the finish date I thought we had until the 26/4.

Back to the waiting game I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back