The young fella that did his knee.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Newcastle Jets, Cleveland Browns
Just saw it on After the Game or whatever they call that show.

I have never seen a more horrific injury in all my time watching sports, that includes all the broken and snapped legs in soccer and a whole bunch of Djibril Cisse's.

Can anyone clarify the damage that was done?

Poor guy, hope he gets back really soon.

They said he did his ACL and a dislocated knee. Probably a PCL and a whole bunch of other stuff there too. I could barely look. His leg was bending back the other way, almost completely.

Just saw it on After the Game or whatever they call that show.

I have never seen a more horrific injury in all my time watching sports, that includes all the broken and snapped legs in soccer and a whole bunch of Djibril Cisse's.

Can anyone clarify the damage that was done?

Poor guy, hope he gets back really soon.

i just saw it too ! nearly threw up ! 100 times worse looking than Nathan Browns (Cringe ) :(

Can you blame the protection of the head rule? It seems players are now charging in head first knowing they'll be protected. I've seen a few like that this year where the head has gone into the opponents legs (they are just standing there) and the head charger gets the free.

Lets hope for a quick recovery.

that was actually horrific. :(:(

poor bastard, hope he gets back, but Hentschel never really got back from a similar injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

being an eagles supporter i was aware in advance of this injury as there is a thread on our board.

i had no intention of watching it but channel ten gave us no, or little warning, that is was coming up. that was horrible.

Missed it during the game, but curiosity got the better of me so I flicked to sports tonight once it had finished. Wish I hadn't. Truly horrific injury.

Some Eagles fans can confirm this, but I recall something that Jaymie, at about the same time he joined West Coast, had to take full, legal custody of his little brother and/or sister in his early 20s cos Mum was a drug addict.

Anyway, the injury is terrible news. Hope his recovery goes right.

This is true.

I'm not sure about how old his younger siblings are though.

Some Eagles fans can confirm this, but I recall something that Jaymie, at about the same time he joined West Coast, had to take full, legal custody of his little brother and/or sister in his early 20s cos Mum was a drug addict.

He did take in his little sister, and its why he decided to retire from AFL than take a chance at another club. He didn't want to shift his family (he had a child too) and his grandparents are raising other brothers/sisters so didn't want to be away from them

Wasn't around the time he joined - but it was the reason he gave up his career - to look after his siblings. A full time AFL career with interstate travel isn't suitable to being a sole guardian

I just hope the poor bastard walks properly again - forget football

All footage of it should be destroyed so I never have the chance of seeing it. I'm so glad I looked away when it was shown on channel Ten considering the comments on here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back