Roast Opposition Banter Thread: Caveat Emptor - Welcome to the lake of fire, happy fishing

Remove this Banner Ad

*** Please read this post before posting in the thread. ***

Caveat Emptor – That’s right if you enter this thread, do so with this mindset.

This thread is a dedicated thread designed to give a little more freedom for robust discussion from opposition posters. The idea is to have a little more latitude when it comes subtle trolling (or any as long as its done in a good spirit) & to allow the MFC supporters who like to flame or debate to do so on their own turf.

As an example, the thread - “Jack Watts.... is it possible the naysayers are right?” type banter or the recentPossible trade scenario would be acceptable discussion for this thread. Anything like that that is started outside this thread by opposition supporters from now on will be closed & you may be carded. We want to keep this type of discussion central to this thread.

What won’t be acceptable is straight up antagonising, name calling or unsociable behaviour. I you want to drop down to that level expect to be infracted. If you’re unsure whether it crosses the line PM a mod first to get their imprimatur on the matter at hand. Remember the Big Footy rules on social behaviour still apply.

This is designed to be a fun thread where opposition posters aren’t paranoid about having a bit of a crack at our expense. I suggest the best time for any opposition supporter to visit & post in this thread is during the week they play our club for a bit of exchange

So here is your warning:

• If you are an easily offended MFC supporter this might not be the thread for you because I expect some quality trolling at our expense.
  • If you are an opposition supporter who lacks the ability to control yourself or show any form of restraint with regard to your posts, this is not the thread for you & it will not end well if you do post.
  • If your idea of quality trolling is: “MFC suck”, “Jack Watts” or anything similar that requires only a single brain cell to come up with, don’t bother posting.
So we declare this thread open.

Happy fishing~

Bay 13 clause:

If it gets to that point where it degenerates into mindless sledging & not the fun banter it’s intended for, then I guess the thread will be considered a failure & subsequently closed & we will return to a zero tolerance for trolling policy & will be much stricter on banter in other threads.

So really, this is in the hands of opposition posters to not let it get to that level or they’ll have nowhere but the bay to engage in banter with MFC supporters. Its also on us (MFC supporters) to keep it fun too.

PS: I didn’t know exactly what to name the thread so feel free to offer up suggestions & I’ll change it.

Re: Caveat Emptor - Welcome to the lake of fire, happy fishing

So this is kind of the Bay 13 for the Melb board?

Or a Bay 13 training thread? ;)

A bit of both really, but its on our turf so we have the numbers.

Once some are aware of it may be moved to Hell.

We will see.

YAY! FLOGS!!!

At least we're not the Western Bullflogs... :)

Strong thread title... compelling, and rich.

Now bring the lulz, this should be fun.

Ironically, Jack Watts is probably the last thing anyone could troll us about at this stage. Times change.

Hey CA, who is your proof reader???
What are you talking about? ;)

Trolling mods is still card worthy. :cool:

What are you talking about? ;)

Trolling mods is still card worthy. :cool:

Comrade CA - well done. Let the games begin. There's enough firepower here to uphold the cause & chastise the infidels. We should actually send a mail-out to the following:
  • Meltdown Mario
  • The Ziebull - a tadpole flog
  • Dame Nellie SLF
  • Comrades Duritz & Wambat.
  • Nexus Helen the Witches Hat Gladiator
  • Kreuze (Dooze) Missile
  • Buddha Bing, the Amway Soap Powder King
  • Jade's - poor bugger
  • Comrade Bender - who is good value
  • Uber flogs Lions_Den and Grimreepah - MIA since Vossy went Crazy

Fell free to spread the word around, most of them are good trolls with talent to make it worth reading. I think it wont take long once they find out & I particularly look forward to their visit during the week we play them.

Comrade CA - well done. Let the games begin. There's enough firepower here to uphold the cause & chastise the infidels. We should actually send a mail-out to the following:
  • Meltdown Mario
  • Dame Nellie SLF
  • Kreuze (Dooze) Missile
  • Jade's - poor bugger

Biff, You forgot to add BS to that list... :confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

• Meltdown Mario
  • Dame Nellie SLF
  • Kreuze (Dooze) Missile
  • Jade's - poor bugger

isnt he the guy who made those joke watts clips? doesnt suprise me..

So hear* is your warning:

* here

Geez, does Jack Watts not know how to spell either? :confused:

(just a joke, I am sure he spells fine. Especially words like "dragon" and "warlock" and "fantasy")

PS - ignore the entire post above please.

For the first and last time, I'll post seriously on this thread:

Well done, guys. Tremendous idea, tremendous maturity shown to try it, and I applaud you enormously for it.

I will do my best to stick within the rules. It's a bit like telling an alcoholic he can have drinks so long as he sips them, but sipping I will attempt.

CA you've gone up enormously in my estimations, and the entire Melbourne board has also.

Great job.

27521_123249351019414_7198_n.jpg

Good, our first catch of the day.

• Meltdown Mario
  • Dame Nellie SLF
  • Kreuze (Dooze) Missile
  • Jade's - poor bugger

Some solid fodder there biff.

For the first and last time, I'll post seriously on this thread:

Well done, guys. Tremendous idea, tremendous maturity shown to try it, and I applaud you enormously for it.

I will do my best to stick within the rules. It's a bit like telling an alcoholic he can have drinks so long as he sips them, but sipping I will attempt.

CA you've gone up enormously in my estimations, and the entire Melbourne board has also.

Great job.

So like Browny inviting Fev around for a BBQ and a few beers?

27521_123249351019414_7198_n.jpg

Good, our first catch of the day.
Indeed, things have started well.

Look forward to some fun in the future.

Hey guys, I've decided to set up camp here. I know you guys think I'm an "outsider" and stuff, but I figure if you get to know me you'll not think me an outsider, so here's a photo of me, right now, setting up camp here in this thread -

8061121-young-man-on-safari-vacation-sitting-near-campfire.jpg

As you can see, I am an expert fire maker, you can tell by how much smoke I've created with so little flame.

So, yep, camp songs anyone?

Dean Bailey.

Let's talk.

Seriously, Dees, let's talk.

Mail I have is he was appointed by default, as two factions tried to outdo the other, making him the Bradbury Melbourne coach.

Now, thus far lads the season is struggling, so be honest with me: Is Deano the rescuer gone?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back