• Military service

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In your sleep

• Other (specify)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Have you ever had a feeling about what would bring about your ultimate demise?

Or is it something you prefer not to think about?

Most of us probably hope we will live forever somehow or die peacefully in our sleep completely oblivious, yet statistically some of us are going to have a heart attack, get cancer, die in an accident etc.

I wonder if anybody has ever had a sixth sense about what fate awaits them.

When I was stressed, heart attack seemed to be my main option. When I went to the doctor and they said my heart was healthy, I had to reevaluate. Had a breathing issue, found out my lungs were great. Cross that one off. Now I just take it as it comes.

Any rational or irrational thoughts about how you are going to check out? Morbid I know, but no more so than the BF death list.

I can mainly think about ways I dont or wouldnt want to die.

Eg.:
- Death by serial killer (ie. torture)
- Drown or suffocate
- Cancer

And so forth....

Is a bit scary when you think it could happen anywhere at anytime really.. that ex-Melbourne player who passed away was diagnosed in Feb this year of lung cancer ffs... never smoked.

I'm a surfer so I'll say, death by shark attack. I have been too close to them at times and have seen a couple of people have very close calls. It's always at the back of my mind but when I spot one, the fear factor goes up a few notches.

I did read in an old diary of mine (written when I was 15) that I was going out by auto-erotic asphyxia on my 30th birthday because apparantly I was mortified at the thought of getting old and having grey hair.

Turning 30 in October so that won't be happening, funny when as a kid I thought this was old age.:D

my gf was involved in a high speed head on car accident and she thought she was going to die

Isnt that how Michael Hutchence died...
Yes, I thought of that, some movie about it with Robin Williams I watched the other day, and some of the sick bastards in GD when I listed it. :D

Uplifting thread :)

I had swine flu during the outbreak last year and had it so badly that I thought I was going to die.

I don't know if I actually was close to it, but the doc says I had one of the worst infections of it he'd seen of it. Wouldn't have been a good way to go - lying in bed with the worst sore throat, burning fever, horrible painful cough, agonising chest pain, ears in pain from being so blocked.

So I'll go with 'other illness'.

Yes, I thought of that, some movie about it with Robin Williams I watched the other day, and some of the sick bastards in GD when I listed it. :D

It's in Nip/tuck too.

Hey my mum almost drowned as a kid, in Kennett River. My aunty, her sister rescued her, told me the story in detail- said it was pretty scary, she came very close to drowning if they hadnt been there.

I may never have existed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

in all likelyhood a heart attack (whilst out running, ill just collapse and be found by some poor bastard dead on the side of the road) or from cancer, simply because cancer is friggen too common

Family history of cancer on one side, but not a cancer associated with family histories, if that makes sense, so could just be bad luck.
Pasty skin, red hair, so skin cancer will get me at some point (although im pretty sensible with sunscreen, hat etc).

Fit as a fiddle when not injured and eating fairly healthily these days, so should be right with heart disease etc

Other things could happen, but hopefully not!

Well been in the Emergency Service's
Drown
Getting hit by lightning
Burn to death
Fall of a cliff
Chemical Exposure
Explosions

:( :eek:

I think I am going to die young. Probably before i get to 40.
I've had a horrible run with near death experiences, and im only 20.

I have had meningococcal, nearly fallen off a cliff, was in the vicinity of a stabbing, almost drowned (passed out, got resuscitated), have vegetations growing on my heart.
Now i have arthritis at the ripe old age of 20.

So I assume I will die my heart failure/problems.

^^ thats pretty messed up

as for me, I've had an extremely clean bill of health so i've always said that one day one of the more common diseases will get to me one day, e.g. cancer/other illness

Back