Jordan Lisle

Remove this Banner Ad

Clubs are asking after him , Already one club has expressed an interest in a trade involving him , now two more clubs in the last 24hrs have again asked " is he up for trade "....
21 yrs 196cm / 96 kg power Fwd who has been starved of game time....
What will be needed to land him......??

Clubs are asking after him , Already one club has expressed an interest in a trade involving him , now two more clubs in the last 24hrs have again asked " is he up for trade "....
21 yrs 196cm / 96 kg power Fwd who has been starved of game time....
What will be needed to land him......??

Teach him to kick and then come an knock on the Blues door.

Teach him to kick and then come an knock on the Blues door.
He can kick......had a bad FIRST game...would have thought 6 set shots on goal was a sign of his ability.....and interesting a blues fan first ta post.....:cool:
Now this is D+T board not the bay , so please post with that in mind.

There's just no room for the kid especially with the bench reduced down to three now either. Franklin, Roughead, Hale and Shoey have to fall over before he gets a gig.

I wouldn't mind holding onto to him to be honest but if clubs are asking about him, I be interested to see what they are offering up.

I would have thought a 20-30 pick would get the job done.

There's just no room for the kid especially with the bench reduced down to three now either. Franklin, Roughead, Hale and Shoey have to fall over before he gets a gig.

I wouldn't mind holding onto to him to be honest but if clubs are asking about him, I be interested to see what they are offering up.

I would have thought a 20-30 pick would get the job done.

Who knows what some will be happy to give up this year, but 20-30 should come pretty easy.

Keep saying it: Hawthorn could do very well in their trades this year.
Just seem to have a few of the right type players at the right time, to attain overs on.

TAC Cup All Australian Centre Half Back.
Showed all those abilities in the games he played this year.

For those of us that have seen him at Box Hill he can definitely kick, nerves just got the better of him in the first couple of games.

He is one of our only defenders not afraid to back himself and take a clutch mark rather than punching when the ball is coming high into our defensive half.

I still think he is a very good prospect, and on what little we have seen of him at the level, I think he will make a very capable centre half back at some stage, unfortunately I dont think that will be at Hawthorn.

The kid can play and I wish him the best if he does seek more opportunities. As Soda said, if he wasn't so nevous and slotted 5 or 4 he would have acheived just as much as Gunston. Against McPharlin no less. Also towelled up Dawes when he played on him.

I would like us to keep him as a CHB or a FB. Gilham isn't going to be around too much longer, and this kid can mark really well and his decision making and reading of the play is also very good.

I don't think we'd be interested- Dixon is roughly the same age, Lynch has shown a fair bit, we have Day as well, basically we have options worth investigating before looking at trading in someone the same age.

That said- I think Lisle is a really solid player/prospect. My younger brother played TAC football with him, and consequently i saw a lot of him as a junior. Since i moved up here i obviously haven't seen as much, but i've seen a lot of box hill over the years and will go and see Box Hill play whenever im down visiting family, or for work- so have had the opportunity to see how he has developed from Junior footy through to a level of senior football.

I am not going to say it is remarkable, but there are some things that Jordan does really well that are instinctual, despite the lack of certain physical traits. Reads the flight of the ball well. Can take a mark on the lead, or in a contested situation. Defensively, his football brain works really quickly- and as a consequence he is able to cut off opposition forrays forward by intercepting and taking a mark. There's a lot in him that is 'old school'.

Mostly- he is a very strong kpp prospect who can play both ends and will straighten teams up.

North, Melbourne, Carlton, Bulldogs... he'd be a great addition to any of those sides in developing their lists.

It's not all good though- he needs to focus more. It may sound like a little thing, but in my mind its his biggest hinderance. He let's his mind wander too much- so consequently the difference between his best and worst is too great currently- BUT- if given responsibility and genuine game time, these are things that can be ironed out in young players and i believe it to be the case with Jordan. For mine, he needs to move in order to improve.

As to what he is worth? Forget junior accolades, or games played. In this particular draft, with the lack of depth and quality in comparison to other years, Jordan would easily be a first round pick. I am not suggesting for a second that he is a top 10 pick at all, but a pick between 12-26 would net the relevant club a very solid, physically mature kpp prospect. For someone like Melbourne for arguments sake, given they have the Scully compo's to use in next years super draft- it could be a wise investment to use their first round pick on securing a genuine key forward- now do they spend pick 12 on Todd Elton, or someone of that ilk from TAC cup level? Or do they use it on Lisle- who they know could step in and play from day one? Im just posing the question- as on the surface, pick 12 seems massive overs- but given Melbournes fortune (depends on how you look at it) in getting the scully compo's- they are in a position where they can pick a player who fits in age wise with their list and development, and then select next year 2 'guns' if you will to then add to their talent and depth moving forward.

Food for thought. Lisle has a lot to work on- but he is a worth while investment for clubs.

Cheers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally pick 50, barely played any games.

2nd rounder + a sweetner is all i'd offer.

Exactly how could you sweeten a second rounder in this draft? It is massively compromised. There is 50-60 players, who will make the grade for a while... Normally 75 plus players will be taken with relative confidence in a draft. You're talking about a 25% reduction in the talent pool- in particular, the talls.

Don't want to lose this guy.. Promising young talls are rare.

6 shots on goal in his first game forward, then dropped when buddy returned from suspension. Took Dawes to the cleaners when he played full back. Great judge of the footy in the air.

It'll be another Josh Kennedy scenario if it happens. Whoever picks him up will be very pleased.

Exactly how could you sweeten a second rounder in this draft? It is massively compromised. There is 50-60 players, who will make the grade for a while... Normally 75 plus players will be taken with relative confidence in a draft. You're talking about a 25% reduction in the talent pool- in particular, the talls.

Ellard, Armfield, Joseph, Davies etc....one of those blokes or similar.

Especially so when they're selected at pick 6 :eek:
Selection 50 should be O.K. though :)

The difference is that Lisle has worked his arse off and performed strongly at VFL level and apart from some HORRENDOUS goal kicking in game number one, done exceedingly well at AFL level.

But yes, let's all just forget that pick 6.

Lisle is a quality young KPP.

Can play at both ends, has strong hands, reads the play well and is a nice kick (iffy on the set shot).

Just behind Franklin and Roughead, so won't get games at Hawthorn unless we suffer injuries.

U mean like they did this year with Roughead, Gilham, Stratton and Schoenmakers all missing time and he still only played 5 games...?

U mean like they did this year with Roughead, Gilham, Stratton and Schoenmakers all missing time and he still only played 5 games...?

He couldn't get a game because of structure, When Roughead went down Hale came in and provided the second ruckman forward option.....Lisle can't Ruck.

When Shoey went down he came in and stayed in until he fractured his face. He showed he was more than capable at both ends of the ground.

I hope we keep him unless it's to get a GWS mini draft pick. If he does a lot of sprint training over the summer I could see him being our first choice FB next season...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back