Senior 24. Jed Bews (2012-)

Remove this Banner Ad

cancat

Cancelled
Jun 4, 2007
AFL Club
Geelong

Re: Jed Bews - welcome to Geelong!

Very pleased, Reading Andrew's article recently in the Addy i think he'll be wrapt he is staying a local lad. GReat opportunity to join a club at the height of it's powers, and the ability to develop youngsters. Jed will be at a great place to learn his craft.

Good news. If that's right and we used our last round pick, he surely can't be bad value at pick 102!

Great get for the club, prove the naysayers wrong, you're at the greatest club in the land, you can be what you want to be!
'Stick it up em Jed'

Welcome to the Hoops Jed.

Glad we were able to get him for our last pick an none of the other club's decided to play silly bugga's an bid a ridiculous pick for him

Will be highly amusing if he turns out to be an absolute surprise gun along the lines of Ablett and Scarlett. Then we can look forward to many years of Bigfooty fans and bias commentators raving on about how unfair the F/S rule has been for Geelong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be highly amusing if he turns out to be an absolute surprise gun along the lines of Ablett and Scarlett. Then we can look forward to many years of Bigfooty fans and bias commentators raving on about how unfair the F/S rule has been for Geelong.
Absolutely this. If he is ever part of a Geelong Premiership can we just get all the "* flag" and "tainted premiership" out of the way now?

Sad cases.

Good news. If that's right and we used our last round pick, he surely can't be bad value at pick 102!
Haven't seen him go around but the fact there were no expressions of interest in him doesn't inspire confidence. Still, as you say, for pick 102 we're not risking much.

Haven't seen him go around but the fact there were no expressions of interest in him doesn't inspire confidence. Still, as you say, for pick 102 we're not risking much.

Looks pretty good for a seventeen year old, think we'll all be better positioned to judge after a couple of seasons.:rolleyes:
Hope he still puts on a couple for cms and he'll be a nice mid size like Duncan.

Can't imagine someone like _Me or some other posters here would be happy about this pick-up.

The people I mean are the ones who have said that they wouldn't want any sons of Gary Ablett jnr playing for Geelong, since they would be sons of a traitor and a "Judas".

But, don't forget, Andrew Bews left Geelong to play for Brisbane. However, he has been embraced back at Geelong like nothing happened, and his son has been picked up.

That just shows that Geelong Football Club have more maturity than some of the posters here. I'm sure if, in the future, Gazza's son or son/s are availbale for selection, I would have no problems wanting us to get him over stinking Gold Coast, that's for sure. I hope, by then, most of you will put your grudge against Ablett aside as well.

Can't imagine someone like _Me or some other posters here would be happy about this pick-up.
That just shows that Geelong Football Club have more maturity than some of the posters here. .... I hope, by then, most of you will put your grudge against Ablett aside as well.
:thumbsu::thumbsu:
This!!

That just shows that Geelong Football Club have more maturity than some of the posters here.

Should hope so it is 152 years old after all :D

The people I mean are the ones who have said that they wouldn't want any sons of Gary Ablett jnr playing for Geelong, since they would be sons of a traitor and a "Judas".

But, don't forget, Andrew Bews left Geelong to play for Brisbane. However, he has been embraced back at Geelong like nothing happened, and his son has been picked up.

That just shows that Geelong Football Club have more maturity than some of the posters here. I'm sure if, in the future, Gazza's son or son/s are availbale for selection, I would have no problems wanting us to get him over stinking Gold Coast, that's for sure. I hope, by then, most of you will put your grudge against Ablett aside as well.

I stand to be corrected on this but Geelong offloaded quite a few players mid 90s because they simply couldn't afford to pay them. Damian Bourke and Shane Hamilton also went to the Bears, and a couple of others went to St Kilda/North/Essendon. I would venture that those players didn't approach their destination clubs offseason in clandestine hotel meetings either - but past is past, you're just as guilty of keeping this shit going as _Me_ is by bringing it up. Speaking for myself I can live more comfortably with Ablett leaving because our game style now has no place for the way he plays comparative to the salary he thinks he's worth. We proved this year that we don't need a 600-700 disposal mid to win a flag.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back