Official Channel 9 complaints thread

Remove this Banner Ad

fairdinkum

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 22, 2007
Road to nowhere
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I know we bag Channel 9 often on this board but today, for my money, was by far the most embarrassing effort from Channel 9 in my many years of watching cricket. Here are just a few things I picked up today (and I missed the first hour of play):

*Ian Healy saying that Princess Mary would be well-known throughout India and China.

*Throwing to some Vodafone nobody in the tense final moments of the match.

*Failing to show replays of the dodgy EagleEye decision(s).

*Slater carrying on like a jacked-up goose, not even making an effort to hide his bias towards Australia in the final session of play.

*Interviewing Warner first after the match (instead of somebody from the victorious team).

*Nicholas asking Southee during a post-match interview about Warner's innings (rather than Bracewell's, or NZ in general's efforts to win the match).

*Tubby asking Clarke two questions in the presentation about Warner and nothing about New Zealand.

*Giving MotM to Warner due to 'viewers choice'.

I've heard that ABC digital is in sync with the 9 feed on TV. I hope to purchase one of these digital radios before Boxing Day.

Oct 5, 2004
Geelong
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
Re: 2nd Test: Australia v New Zealand @ Hobart (Fri - Tues) (Part 2)

Can somebody please start a thread about how bad Channel 9's efforts were today?

I'm not allowed to because I called DayTripper a flog on the SRP board.

Here are the highlights:

*Ian Healy saying that Princess Mary would be well-known throughout India and China.

*Slater not even making an effort to hide his bias towards Australia in the final session of play.

*Throwing to the Vodafone guy in the tense final moments of the match.

*Interviewing Warner first after the match (instead of somebody from the victorious team).

*Tubby asking Southee during a post-match interview about Warner's innings (rather than Bracewell's, or NZ in general's efforts to win the match).

*Tubby asking Clarke two questions in the presentation about Warner and nothing about New Zealand.

*Giving MotM to Warner due to viewer's choice

Feel free to add whatever else I missed. But somebody please start that thread.

(I would bump a thread about it but I tend to get in trouble for that also).

I have better things to worry about.

We need a separate "bash ch9 sticky thread" so we don't have to read about it here.

fairdinkum

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 22, 2007
Road to nowhere
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Re: How bad Channel 9's efforts were today

Haha, great work, Jed.

Not only did you correctly predict the Kiwi win before the start of the game, you've come through with the goods here as well.

:thumbsu:

it's just an outdated coverage. it has been form 10 years now. the life long contract men should be given a golden hand shake and asked to retire.

I have no problem with them, it's the majority of others that i can't stand. I'd be happy without Slater, Healy, Nicholas..... Taylor gets a stay of execution :p

Digital radio/television is the way to go. Still a slight gap, but you get quality commentary. Haven't listen to channel 9, and by extension their advertisers for years.
Get a digital radio you can pause. Then you can sync it up perfectly. Thing of beauty.

Sep 22, 2000
Calling Wambulances for the Geelong whiners
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ford

Interviewing the sponsor when they did was just stupid.Surely they could've done it during the lunch show,although I guess nobody watches that.

Ian Healy makes Tony Greig sound listenable.Geez Healy craps on.
BTW was Richie on today or did he have another tumble ? I don't recall hearing him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cramdogs

Team Captain
May 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Everton

I know we bag Channel 9 often on this board but today, for my money, was by far the most embarrassing effort from Channel 9 in my many years of watching cricket. Here are just a few things I picked up today (and I missed the first hour of play):

*Throwing to some Vodafone nobody in the tense final moments of the match.

*Slater carrying on like a jacked-up goose, not even making an effort to hide his bias towards Australia in the final session of play.

*Nicholas asking Southee during a post-match interview about Warner's innings (rather than Bracewell's, or NZ in general's efforts to win the match).

*Giving MotM to Warner due to 'viewers choice'.

I've heard that ABC digital is in sync with the 9 feed on TV. I hope to purchase one of these digital radios before Boxing Day.

could not agree more. Was embarrassing. One of NZ's finest moments against Australia, and no interview ccased for Bracewell who won NZ the game. Was really bad.

Clarke was equally as bad. 2nd time now, including after the win against South Africa, did not acknowledge the opposition at all. I'm sorry but it was very ordinary.
I love the aussies, but go NZ! Well deserved (someone has to say it).

PrideOf

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jul 17, 2001
Here, obviously
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AFC

Getting viewers to vote on the MOTM is the worst decision in history ...

... unless they go further and allow us to evict players from the Australian XI.

"To evict Brad Haddin, text BRAD to 0455 555 555."

Sep 22, 2000
Calling Wambulances for the Geelong whiners
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ford

... unless they go further and allow us to evict players from the Australian XI.

"To evict Brad Haddin, call 1300 - 555 - BRAD"

It's all to do with keeping sponsors.
How about VB give away 1000 free slabs everytime Brad Haddin plays a bonehead shot.Oh wait,they'll go broke after 1 Test :eek:

fairdinkum

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 22, 2007
Road to nowhere
AFL Club
North Melbourne

"To evict Brad Haddin, call 1300 - 555 - BRAD"

I've never voted on ANY reality tv show in my life. Not BB, dancing with the stars, any of that garbage.

But I would happily part with $10 worth of premium texts if I thought it might help get rid of that clown.

Outshined

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 12, 2009
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle

It's all to do with keeping sponsors.
How about VB give away 1000 free slabs everytime Brad Haddin plays a bonehead shot.Oh wait,they'll go broke after 1 Test :eek:

Might kill two birds with one stone, bankrupting VB and getting rid of Haddin can only be a good thing!

Sprechen

Team Captain
Dec 12, 2008
Collingwood
Other Teams
WHFNC

it's just an outdated coverage. it has been form 10 years now. the life long contract men should be given a golden hand shake and asked to retire.

but it won't happen and nothing new will come in seeing 9 has the olympics next year
And, oh my God............THE PROTRACTOR, why do we need to know how many degrees the ball was above the pitch to tell if it was hitting the stumps or not.:confused::confused::confused:

Esky Lid

Senior List
Jul 2, 2007
Out Bush
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Ian Chappel has to go !

How many more years to we have to hear how tough HE was ?
How Arrogant he was ?
the Same old recycled becoming Ficticious Stories of his playing days. Seriously how can you remember word for Word something that happened nearly 40 years ago ????? TOSSER

.. and more boring stories of how good Sheffield Shield Cricket for South Australia was back in the 60/70&80's ?? when he played !!

And, oh my God............THE PROTRACTOR, why do we need to know how many degrees the ball was above the pitch to tell if it was hitting the stumps or not.:confused::confused::confused:

no keep that, many the time I was amazed it was 14 degrees when I thought it must have been 11. adds so much to my appreciation of what the bowler is trying to do when I see him straining for that extra degree.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back