Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2011 Rookie Draft selection no. 18

Cam Eardley

Club: East Fremantle
Height: 182 cm
Weight: 74 kg
"Represented WA at the NAB AFL Under-18 Championships playing in all five games, averaging 14.6 disposals. He is good overhead for his size and is a strong tackler. He has very good endurance and is a contested ball player."

Re: 2011 Rookie Draft selection no. 18 - Cam Eardley

http://wap.afl.com.au/news.htm?acti...d=121736&listRetrievedBy=COMPETITION&listId=1

Here's some info:
Cam Eardley
Club: East Fremantle
Height: 182 cm
Weight: 74 kg
"Represented WA at the NAB AFL Under-18 Championships playing in all five games, averaging 14.6 disposals. He is good overhead for his size and is a strong tackler. He has very good endurance and is a contested ball player."

http://wap.afl.com.au/news.htm?acti...d=121736&listRetrievedBy=COMPETITION&listId=1

5_EARDLEY-Cam-2011A.jpg

Here is a Video of Cam;

[YOUTUBE]PjOdkONjh04[/YOUTUBE]

Another WA boy to go with Kersten and Hamling. (Plus we already have Corey, Taylor and Duncan from WA)

Why do they always look taller in those vids than their stats.

He reminds me of a mensch type....................

Re: 2011 Rookie Draft selection no. 18

East Freo player, good allround midfield player according to what I've read.
According to one of the Assistant Coaches he has a great attitude and is a very solid trainer - plenty of upside !! Sounds like the typical Wells prototype.

Wells on this pick:
http://www.geelongcats.com.au/geelongnews/newsarticle/tabid/3933/newsid/127120/default.aspx

Pick 18: Cameron Eardley (East Fremantle)
DOB: 24/6/1993
Height: 180cm
Weight: 80kg
Wells says: "Cameron was a good player for both East Fremantle colts and the WA team in the under-18 championships this year. We thought he would add to our midfield and defensive depth. We spoke to Cameron before today and he indicated that he'd be very excited to join us, even as a rookie."

http://www.geelongcats.com.au/geelongnews/newsarticle/tabid/3933/newsid/127120/default.aspx

Looks like he moves ok. Rangy type who covers the ground. Kicking action a little dodgey. Gee he loves a tackle by the looks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been reading through a few discussions pre draft and there are comments that he played down back a bit and the thought was that he'd probably start as a back pocket if someone took him.

I've seen Cam play a bit the last 2 years. He was in the colts grand final winning team a year younger than the other players. Very strong player hard at the ball. Can play inside mid or flanker. Not super fast but good endurance.

Can't believe you guys win a premiership & still manage to get a player like this.

I've seen Cam play a bit the last 2 years. He was in the colts grand final winning team a year younger than the other players. Very strong player hard at the ball. Can play inside mid or flanker. Not super fast but good endurance.

Can't believe you guys win a premiership & still manage to get a player like this.

Why? What do you mean by the last statement?

Be honest! Like your genuine opinion. :cool:

Just looked at his video, has good anticipation and moves nicely.

Hard not for me to like someone who really likes to tackle - and knows how to do it legally and effectively.

Hope he get some weight on during the next seasom or two and see how he goes.

What seems to stand out - is we pick on the quality of person as much as the skill set they bring to the table.

Long term this criteria, as it has already shown, will help keep us strong into the future. I commend the club for persisting with this path to the GFC.

Go Cam !

Why? What do you mean by the last statement?

Be honest! Like your genuine opinion. :cool:

Just looked at his video, has good anticipation and moves nicely.
Its the same as when you won a premiership & picked up another East Fremantle player Harry Taylor after everyone else had a chance to do so.

I'm still bitter from 2001 when we got David Hale & you guys got some guy called Bartel with the next pick. :)

Its the same as when you won a premiership & picked up another East Fremantle player Harry Taylor after everyone else had a chance to do so.

I'm still bitter from 2001 when we got David Hale & you guys got some guy called Bartel with the next pick. :)

Thanks andana,

Didn't know a thing bout the kid till I saw his video the other day.
Bit of Joel about him, old fashioned get the job done type, IMO.
Looks to have alot of upside, thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back