Player Sponsorship Done & dusted - Petterd & Howe are ours.

If we can get a 2nd player who do you want? Only vote once you've paid up!

• Howe - If still available

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nicholson - If still available

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Player one locked in - Ricky Petterd

All who pay will be confirmed in this post once you pay & I have confirmation. So far its just the pledged ammounts.

Committed so far for 2012:

Big Footy - $200

Crimson Azure - $75
Deestroy - $50
Demon 86 - $50
CowboyFromHell - $100
Spirit of 39 - $200
ThePuppetMaster - $50-200
Striker475 - $50
Oscarman - $100
Chip_ - $25
MelbourneMartin - $50
Bartram Class - $50
Hellbourne - $50
Demon 16 - $50
Bails2008 - $100
Wise Guy Sam - $75
Stretcharmstrong - $50
Captain Jack - $50
lose - $50
Syl - $125
RandB - $75
Biffinator - $25
Deemanding - $50
sivart - $50
king couttsy - $20 - 50
CoDkiller - $200
Eth - $50
Darksidepoints - TBA
Syrus - $50
Demons2012 - $50
DemonJim - $50
Djcjdees - $50
Brick Lane - $50
Demon JP - $25

Current total pledged: $2225

Current total paid: $1800

Towards next player/tickets/roll over: $700

Those in red are the ones whos payment has gone through.

Have a think about who you'd like to sponsor. Those who are yet to commit are still welcome to donate towards the sponsorship.

If you do you get your:
  • player sponsorship badge for any level of money
  • $50 gets you a gold BFSC membership for 12 months also.
  • $100 or more gets you a platinum BFSC membership for 12 months also.
  • You also go into a draw for all goods & events that come as part of the sponsorship. For each $25 dollars gets you put in you get one ticket in the prize draw.
Here are the players to think about for sponsorship:*

PLAYER SPONSOR (Level 2) - $2100:

Daniel Nicholson
Jai Sheahan

GUERNSEY CLUB (Level 1) - $1100:

Max Gawn
Ricky Petterd
Brad Green
Brent Moloney
Joel Macdonald
Jamie Bennell
Jeremy Howe
Jared Rivers
Matthew Bate
Neville Jetta
Jake Spencer
Sam Blease
Lucas Cook
Troy Davis
Tom McDonald
Daniel Nicholson
Michael Evans
Kelvin Lawrence
James Sellar
Rory Taggert
Josh Tynan
Jai Sheahan
Tom Couch
James Magner
Leigh Williams

* We only have to level 2 'Player sponsorships' that we can go for. And player sponsorships must be paid by March.

We can either go for the level 2 sponsorship, two level 1 sponsorships or one level 1 sponsorship & roll over all the money to next year.

If we de not get enough for the level two sponsorship or a second level 1 we will automatically roll the funds over to 2013.

I will add a poll to this thread later for those who have paid to vote in.

Goods attached with sponsorships:

Guensey Club $1100 (What we had in 2011)
  • Signed Poster
  • Entry to player sponsor function (2 tickets)
  • Name on website
  • Signed Jumper
Player Sponsor $2100
  • Signed Poster
  • Entry to player sponsor function (2 tickets)
  • Name on website
  • Framed and signed photo with your player
  • Invitation for 2 to pre-season player sponsor dinner event
  • Invitation for 2 to president club's function
Any questions ask away.

Re: Who would you like to sponsor in 2012?

Unless the club let us put a "hold" on a player then I can't see us getting everything voted, organised and paid up before the level 2 sponsorships are gone anyway. Same thing happened last year after we voted Gysberts vs Petterd only to see Gysberts taken and end up with Petterd by default.

FWIW even though there are some exciting prospects, many of whom I would have voted for instead of Petterd last year, I think we should stick with the same player out of allegiance and courtesy. If we want another player then perhaps 2 level 1s are the go. But that's just my take on it.

Will the voting system be the same as last year?

Unless the club let us put a "hold" on a player then I can't see us getting everything voted, organised and paid up before the level 2 sponsorships are gone anyway. Same thing happened last year after we voted Gysberts vs Petterd only to see Gysberts taken and end up with Petterd by default.

FWIW even though there are some exciting prospects, many of whom I would have voted for instead of Petterd last year, I think we should stick with the same player out of allegiance and courtesy. If we want another player then perhaps 2 level 1s are the go. But that's just my take on it.

Will the voting system be the same as last year?
If we want the 'Player Sponsor' option we need to act quickly as there are only two players left. They did mention if we take the 'player sponsor' at $2100 we may be able to pay half (by early march due to the pre season function) & the rest later on before the season starts.

We can only stay with Ricky if we take the 'Guernsey' sponsorship as the next level 'Player sponsor' is already gone.

I will put the players in a poll here & those who intend to pay up can vote on it. only those who pay for the privileged will have there votes counted.

We need to get the consensus on which level of sponsorship we want but I am hesitant to go with two players as I don't want to be left with the costs of a second player if we are well short.

We don't want anyone else to vote.

If we want the 'Player Sponsor' option we need to act quickly as there are only two players left. They did mention if we take the 'player sponsor' at $2100 we may be able to pay half (by early march due to the pre season function) & the rest later on before the season starts.
So by that you mean we can actually put a hold on a player even though we don't have the cash up front? - are you prepared to do that?

We can only stay with Ricky if we take the 'Guernsey' sponsorship as the next level 'Player sponsor' is already gone.
Yep

I will put the players in a poll here & those who intend to pay up can vote on it. only those who pay for the privileged will have there votes counted.
Nicholson level 2 will be gawn mate by the time we've even decided and have half the moolah IMO but if we can put a hold on him then it's a different story.

We need to get the consensus on which level of sponsorship we want but I am hesitant to go with two players as I don't want to be left with the costs of a second player if we are well short.
If we want 2 players can't we just commit to the first one (Petterd or another) and then if we get enough coin trickling in for a 2nd we pull the trigger on another one even though the options may be a little slimmer down the track. If we don't get enough for a second we bank it.

My understanding is that we have first dibs on Petterd level 1 as the 2011 sponsor - did the club say if there is a cut-off on that?

So by that you mean we can actually put a hold on a player even though we don't have the cash up front? - are you prepared to do that?
I don't really want to but if we can get a fair chunk of the money in the next two weeks then we should be able to commit now without paying anything until March. I hope, I'll ask tomorrow.

Nicholson level 2 will be gawn mate by the time we've even decided and have half the moolah IMO but if we can put a hold on him then it's a different story.

I know thats why we need to know from posters who we go with ASAP.

If we want 2 players can't we just commit to the first one (Petterd or another) and then if we get enough coin trickling in for a 2nd we pull the trigger on another one even though the options may be a little slimmer down the track. If we don't get enough for a second we bank it.

Good point, thats the other option if we want to play it safe. I'd love the next level but if it means I have to shell out $500 because a few don't pay up I wont be happy.

Either way we can get a second player, I don't mind a rookie/draftee or first year player like Magner.

If we go with this option I say we stick with Petterd & try for Nicholson as the second.

My understanding is that we have first dibs on Petterd level 1 as the 2011 sponsor - did the club say if there is a cut-off on that?

We did but that ended in the first week of Jan but he is still available.

What about BF? - is Chief putting in another $200?
Yep, he will commit that amount again.

He confirmed it yesterday, I've added it to the second post.

Good point, thats the other option if we want to play it safe. I'd love the next level but if it means I have to shell out $500 because a few don't pay up I wont be happy.
Absolutely.

If I were you I'd go the safer route with a 'Guernsey Club' and then option a 2nd one if money permits.

Level 2 would have been great but the cash payments really needed to have been started probably a month ago for that IMO.

Either way we can get a second player, I don't mind a rookie/draftee or first year player like Magner.

If we go with this option I say we stick with Petterd & try for Nicholson as the second.
Well, if you look at other boards they mostly stick with the same players where possible.

Obviously it's a democratic process but I would have thought Petterd the lock in first option then a poll for the second player (there are still some very good options including Nicho). We'll easily get enough cash for Petterd so you'll be covered if you approach the club to lock him in.

In the mean time run a poll for player 2 and then see how much cash comes in.

Just a thought.

Petted and Howe both guernsey

Well if Petterd is a lock for player 1 then my vote for player 2 'Guernsey' is Howe also.:thumbsu:

It probably makes the voting simpler as well Crimson if we are only voting for the 2nd player. We can use the same vote count system as last year i.e. 1 vote for each $25 amount paid (and also 1 entry in the raffle per $25 paid).

What do you think?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

this has probably been posted somewhere on the forum but im in bed and cant be bothered looking.. how and who do we transfer money to?

Well if Petterd is a lock for player 1 then my vote for player 2 'Guernsey' is Howe also.:thumbsu:

It probably makes the voting simpler as well Crimson if we are only voting for the 2nd player. We can use the same vote count system as last year i.e. 1 vote for each $25 amount paid (and also 1 entry in the raffle per $25 paid).

What do you think?
Sounds good mate.

I'll get this cracking tomorrow.

this has probably been posted somewhere on the forum but im in bed and cant be bothered looking.. how and who do we transfer money to?

You will be PM'd the details soon if you're on the list!

CA - Let's start collecting $$$ so we can get our picks ;)

All listed have been PM'd payment details, if you haven't got them yet or want to be included them send me a PM or post in here.

Edit: I've paid. ;)

Petterd and Howe seems to be the popular choice.

I think I'll go with it.

Yeah it does I've a couple of PM's saying the same thing, so if we can afford a second player it will be Howe if he's not taken.

Back