Official Match Thread Sweet F.A Round 16 Geelong Gumbies vs Mount Buller Demons @ The House of Gumby (MOTR)

Remove this Banner Ad

lgum.png
vs
ldem.png

Teams By: 9pm Friday 17th AEDST (Melbourne, NSW, Canberra, Tasmania and not those guys screaming at the sun up north)

Formlines
  • Gumbies: WWWLW
  • Demons: WWWLW

The Demons have surprised many after the retirement of EBIAC and find themselves tantalisingly close to the minor premiership whilst the Gumbies have been sporadic yet find themselves a game clear in 4th. Last week saw the Gumbies go three from three against the dragons whilst the Demons easily accounted for the Furies. The stakes in this match of the round are quite simple, the Gumbies win and they stake a further claim for the 4, the Demons win and they can taste that minor premiership and vindication.

Motivation
A key factor in any side pushing that extra percentage in those close contests, with the Demons entrenched in the 4 and only eying off the minor premiership will it be enough motivation to overcome a Gumbies team still looking for that extra win, that extra buffer to ensure finals? Or will the tenacity of the Gumbies be a tad too much for the Demons to quash on their way to victory?

Sub post.

Should be a cracking game. Go Dees. :thumbsu:

Looking forward to stomping on the Gumbies and sending them on their way out of the finals.

Good thing they're a game clear for now as they're going to need it.

I'm feeling confident after last week. Time for a really big bag. Given the amount of behinds I've kicked this season my accuracy must be around 25% :p

Let's go Gumbies!!! A win here and we're almost guaranteed a finals berth! Let's smash the demons!

GO GUMBIES!!!

That last section went through like 4 revisions as it just was eeeehhhhh and unhappyness ensued since I figured there'd be "zomg, bias!" considering I usurped Eth's tag team effort.

...Probably should have made it heavily biased come to think of it, good thing being I can edit it later, especially so if we win to rub it in. :D

Oh and considering the lateness of the threads, I'm unsure when the Futures League finishes up in Perth, so any Gumbies requesting a positional change, & Cub and Clay are asked to direct their posts towards my PM box as pete will most likely be working at the WACA and I'm adept at nagging him. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You said your tenacity was better than ours.

Zomg, bias!

I'm onto you, Fly.

With your one eyed effort from your finals viewing platform? Sure you don't want to rest your stars (and Juggs, meow!) for the finals so that they can freshen up (and work on kicking in a straight line)? I mean, we both beat the Dragons, you can still finish top, we can bundle them out and then I can make the grand final and take my first mark for the season and kick the winning goal. :D

Drat now I'm doing too...

With your one eyed effort from your finals viewing platform? Sure you don't want to rest your stars (and Juggs, meow!) for the finals so that they can freshen up (and work on kicking in a straight line)? I mean, we both beat the Dragons, you can still finish top, we can bundle them out and then I can make the grand final and take my first mark for the season and kick the winning goal. :D

Drat now I'm doing too...

Kick the winning goal? Were you meant to be posting this under a Demons alias or something?

We train up on the high peaks of the Snow Dome so we're trained to perform with little oxygen, being able to compete at and endure peak performance for longer and therefore being better. Like Collingwood, except we have functioning brains. So there's no need for resting fully fit and healthy players. :thumbsu:

Kick the winning goal? Were you meant to be posting this under a Demons alias or something?

Excuse me whilst I find a vat of acid to cleanse myself after this question posed. So unclean. :p

Thanks for knocking off the Drags last week, Gumbies. Sorry we won't be able to repay you this week, but by the time you line up the Furies they ought to be totally demoralised.

We do not need charity, we have fought our way into this position and despite a falter against the Wonders in the last, we are playing for keeps. Plus I instructed those who didn't want to put in to not show up, so I can play the awesome peeps in every other position they vacate. Mwaha!

We train up on the high peaks of the Snow Dome so we're trained to perform with little oxygen, being able to compete at and endure peak performance for longer and therefore being better. Like Collingwood, except we have functioning brains. So there's no need for resting fully fit and healthy players. :thumbsu:

We also have Snow Bunnies.

Don't forget the Snow Bunnies!

Now I understand where the Demons get their logic from. .. That thin air affects your logical thought and ability to comprehend the might that is Gumby. .. If only I was a gospel man I'd forgive your trespasses but alas I'll just rub it in on the field. .. buck up though lads you can still make top after we're finished with you ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back