Review Preseason - Sydney vs. Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: R4 NAB Cup - Sydney v Gold Coast

oh no, I have a clashing commitment on that day... otherwise I was half-inclined to make the trek out to Blacktown

Bit disappointed we're playing the Suns. Would like to see us taking on the cats, pies, hawks, blues etc. Gotta test yourself against the best, haven't you?

Btw - love the new footy 2012 app. Not the telstra one ~ the one with the footy on the icon. Go RedBirds!

The best might not play their best side, so it doesn't really matter. Plus we play GWS first up and then have a week off, so it's going to be hard to keep any potential momentum going into round 2.

Ergh. Blacktown gonna get stabed.
Any word on whether or not McBabe/Hanners/ROK will be back?

The Swans' site says that members receive free admission, $13.30 adult otherwise

There's also an option where members can convert their entry into a guaranteed seat for $3.30. Knowing how few seats there are and with rain forecasted for Saturday, does anyone else think that this option is worth it?

No Seaby, Morton, Walsh or White. The picture becomes much much clearer

2. Rhyce Shaw, 3. Jarrad McVeigh, 4. Daniel Hannebery, 9. Nick Malceski, 11. Jed Lamb, 12. Josh Kennedy, 13. Andrejs Everitt, 14. Craig Bird, 15. Kieren Jack, 16. Gary Rohan, 20. Sam Reid, 21. Ben McGlynn, 24. Jude Bolton, 25. Ted Richards, 26. Luke Parker, 29. Martin Mattner, 30. Lewis Roberts-Thomson, 32. Lewis Jetta, 34. Alex Johnson, 37. Adam Goodes, 38. Mike Pyke, 39. Heath Grundy, 40. Nick Smith, 41. Shane Mumford, 44. Harry Cunningham

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Preseason - Sydney vs. Gold Coast AND Sydney Reserves vs. Ainslie

Lamb coming in is very interesting. I wanna go out to Blacktown and watch this now almost solely to see how Lamb goes.

It would seem Lamb and Cunningham (assuming that is the 25 that might be selected for next week) would be 2 of the emergencies. Everitt might be the 3rd although he has been OK this preseason so wouldn't be surprised if he was given a chance. Might come down to him or LRT for the last spot in the 22 given Pyke is the 2nd ruck.

s**t, completely forgot about Everitt.

So yeah, I guess what S120 said, Everitt v LRT for the last tall spot. Only worry is Everitt isn't really a tall but he would be fine against GWS since they aren't a big team.

So the changes are:

In: Richards, McGlynn, Mattner, Lamb, Hannebery

Out: White, Morton, Seaby. Walsh, Gordon
Hmm forgot about mcglynn and Mattner. But white didnt play last week either

Does anyone know if there will be any radio/tv broadcasts? (seems like a no to tv).

Bit surprised we are playing a full strength team, particularly as we have to front up next week.

Seems a few guys, such as Shaw, Malceski, Grundy, Jetta, Bolton and Reid have already played a fair few minutes in the preseason.

Really pleased to see Everitt in the mix.

Also 'happy' to see Morton & Walsh out.

Places should be earned by performances.
They have been given opportunities, and apart from some cameos, haven't in my view done enough to warrant selection.

Bit surprised we are playing a full strength team, particularly as we have to front up next week.

Seems a few guys, such as Shaw, Malceski, Grundy, Jetta, Bolton and Reid have already played a fair few minutes in the preseason.

Really pleased to see Everitt in the mix.

Also 'happy' to see Morton & Walsh out.

Places should be earned by performances.
They have been given opportunities, and apart from some cameos, haven't in my view done enough to warrant selection.
Shaw missed the Kangaroos game
Malceski has been subbed in/out a few times
Grundy was subbed out of the 2nd half of the Kangaroos game
Bolton didn't play in the Geelong 'half game'
Jetta you may be right he's played everything from memory.
Reid missed the Kangaroos game

In fact most of the team named have been 'rested' as some stage or other. The only exceptions I can think of are Alex Johnson, Craig Bird and maybe Luke Parker.

Everitt is deceptively tall. He is listed on the Swans website as 194cm which makes him the same height as Goodes, Roberts Thompson & Spanger. He is taller than Richards, Grundy & Johnson, however he comes in behind all bar Johnson in weight at 89kg which is possibly why he seems smaller.

No Seaby, Morton, Walsh or White. The picture becomes much much clearer

2. Rhyce Shaw, 3. Jarrad McVeigh, 4. Daniel Hannebery, 9. Nick Malceski, 11. Jed Lamb, 12. Josh Kennedy, 13. Andrejs Everitt, 14. Craig Bird, 15. Kieren Jack, 16. Gary Rohan, 20. Sam Reid, 21. Ben McGlynn, 24. Jude Bolton, 25. Ted Richards, 26. Luke Parker, 29. Martin Mattner, 30. Lewis Roberts-Thomson, 32. Lewis Jetta, 34. Alex Johnson, 37. Adam Goodes, 38. Mike Pyke, 39. Heath Grundy, 40. Nick Smith, 41. Shane Mumford, 44. Harry Cunningham

other then ROK and maybe WHITE or SPANGHER missing, this team looks awesome to me... :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back