Vale Jim Stynes, 1966-2012 - A champion/hero - Statue commissioned for MCG Avenue of Legends

Achy Blakey Heart

Premium Platinum
Jun 29, 2011
Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Celtics,Red Sox,Patriots,Dragons,
Re: Jim Stynes Passes Away - Vale a champion/hero

From myself and all my fellow supporters at the Swans, we pass on or deepest condolences to the Stynes family, and all the Melbourne supporters here on big footy.

A braver man we never will know.

Franky_024

Club Legend
Oct 18, 2011
AFL Club
Melbourne

Sad day for football, You were a champion on and off the field Jimmy thanks for making the world a better place

syl

FAIR and BALANCED
Melbourne Demons - Ricky Petterd 2011 Player Sponsor Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe 2012 Player Sponsor Melbourne Demons - Ricky Petterd 2012 Player Sponsor
Mar 25, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
North

Terrible news, but I am glad he could be surrounded by loved ones til the end.

Did a lot for the world, not just Melbourne FC.

RIP.

Chrono

Senior List
Jun 1, 2011
Canberra
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Carlton, Buffalo Bills
Re: Jim Stynes Passes Away - Vale a champion/hero - Pay your respects here.

Thank you Jim Stynes for being a warrior on the field, a warrior for others off it, a gentleman, and a blessing to the nation.

footscore

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 1, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong

very upsetting :( he leaves behind beautiful little girls and a wife.

Sorry Melbourne supporters on the loss of a true champion. Condolences to the Jim Stynes family.

La Vache

Premiership Player
Aug 4, 2005
Melb
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
flyers, suns

My condolences to all Melbourne supporters and everyone at the MFC.

Winning premierships is great but it is the people that define football and its clubs. Your club is blessed to have been associated with Jim. Always remember also that your club has played its part in making him the hugely admired figure he became.

You should be sad but very proud today. Of the magnificent Jim Stynes and of your beloved Red and Blue.

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Deepest condolences for a beautiful human being. We are all poorer for his loss but better for sharing some of his journey.

Unnamed1

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2007
Australia
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Peel Chunder

Very sad.

Well done to the whole MFC and its supporters for the way it's backed and supported Jim and his family.

RIP Jim Stynes.

A true inspiration on the football ground. A bigger inspiration and champion off the field.

A brave man, who has made an impact on a lot of young people's lives. The world is now a worse place without him in it.

Condolences to Jim's family. :(

conodie05

Club Legend
Apr 8, 2008
Crib Point
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Blackburn Rovers

It always angers and saddens me when genuinely good people are taken way too early.

Jimmy Stynes was one such person. He used his infamy to inspire others, and effectively saved numerous troubled people from heading down a path of self destruction.

Team allegeance is forgotten on such a sad occasion as this.

Condolences to the Stynes family and players and supporters of the Melbourne Football Club.

May your legacy live on James Stynes, OAM.

Sam and the kids have lost a husband and a father. Terrible news, and at least he's not hurting anymore.

RIP Jim. Truly heart breaking news. Thoughts go to his family and the MFC. We've lost a legend of the game, and of life.

ExTasDeeMan

Cancelled
Jun 17, 2004
NYC
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Demons

My supporter-player relationship started on rocky terms after 1987 prelim, but he came back to prove me wrong. Never gave in and gave exponentially to the Demons and the AFL. After retiring, he went on to give hope and kindness to so many in need. He came back to do the same for the Demons and got us out of the seemingly irreparable mess made by many before him (those with hearts a mere fraction of Jim's).

Truthfully has done more for AFL than other player, coach or dignitary i've ever experienced in my lifetime and will never be matched.

In sports the word hero is thrown around in a ridiculous fashion - he was the only one I could ever use that word for.

Though we knew it was coming, such a hollow feeling to lose an absolute champion of the club and the game as a whole. No-one will ever be as universally loved as Jimmy.

R.I.P.

Back