Preview RND 2 Carlton v Brisbane @ The Gabba Thursday 5th April 7.40pm - Team - NO CHANGES

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There will be a little for the MC to think about this week.

Feeling is that Jamison may just be held back another week at this stage. No reason to rush him.
Warnock is not in contention yet, but Duigan should be available.
It will be interesting to see whether Walker may be tested. Doubt it but who knows.
Collins will be also be on in the mix.

The focus will certainly be on next Thursday night, but there may just be a little look towards the following week, also.

Re: Brisbane vs Carlton @ The Gabba. Thursday 7.40pm

Russell was the only underwhleming one last night. Scotto and Tuohy should have been better too but were okay. We lost the hit outs by 12 but our rucks made up for it easily by their excellent work around the ground.

I'd spare one of Jamo or Duigs the trip up and drop JR. Don't want to go too tall though, get the feeling we'll not be getting centre bounce advantages with Hudson and Luenberg both in there so although we should win comfortably, we need to put in a good midfield effort.

Let's not talk about Maroochydore.

Rusty for Duigs would be the only change this week for mine.

Jamo back for Pies game after a 10 day break.

Tex back for Essendon game.

Rusty for Duigs would be the only change this week for mine.

Jamo back for Pies game after a 10 day break.

Tex back for Essendon game.

Russell for Duigan looks likely, but only if Duigan pulls through well on Saturday.
I wouldn't be against Russell staying.

Jamison for Collingwood would be perfect so can only hope he does get through well on Saturday, also.

Walker? The sooner the better.

Collins and Ellard will get opportunities soon enough, also.

Rowe may yet be a surprise selection over the next couple of weeks.

Super happy with the win. Bought into the Richmond hype and was really not confident at the start of the match. Once things got under way and I saw us running over the top of Richmond from the defence and Richmond typically horrible with their skills I realised we were never really in trouble.

Grigg is getting votes on the richmond board. I watched everyone of his possessions quite closely last night and he literally kicks the ball as high as he can every occasion. Will not even look for a short option a leading target.

In: jamison

Out: Russle

Jammo needs a full game at AFL level before collingwood.

Russle would be unlucky, did enough to get another game.

duigan showed in his pre season game that he can come back and turn it on straight away, so i'd probably hold off until we need to fire that gun. Bower was solid last night, all of a sudden we have back line depth, who would have thought.

Fwd line is tough too, would like to see what Lucas can do with 4 quarters, but honestly couldn't think of a player from last night who could make way.

Sugar should get a full game
Ellard to strengthen the bench
JR out of there
Walker and Duigs to be tested
Almost have to wait to see what the Bears put up this week to know how hard we have to go up there.

Given that any possible inclusions will be playing in the VFL tomorrow and therefore will have a shorter turn around, I'm not sure there's a need to make changes this week. Russell didn't have a great game, but we may as well give him another shot.

Lucas on, Touhy sub.

Don't need to play Duigan, Walker or Jamo. Travel won't help them either. Maybe drop Russell. Perhaps give Collins a go. Full-game for Kane Lucas in the midfield. The current setup is OK. Laidler's inclusion stabilised the back half.

:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In: Jamo
Out: Rusty

No other changes need to be made.
We will destroy them.

EDIT: Brown not playing? Keep the team as is.

Brown is not playing.

If that's true I'm a whole lot more confident. Not that I wasn't confident before, but this makes things easier for our weakened defense obviously.

At this stage, i'd be happy if we took the same 22 to Brisbane. We don't have to rush Jamo and Duigan back. Let them have a full game with the Northern Blues tomorrow, and give them a large break before Collingwood in round 3.

Only change i'd make is to give Lucas a full game, and either JR or Tuohy as the sub.

Brisbane will only have a 5 day turn around. We really should destroy them.

Yeah what's the go with that?

I thought it had to be a 6 day minimum break.

Surely this will be a massive factor, espeically after round 1 where the body is always a touch sore after the first real hit out.

No point bringing Jamo back for this, he'll be back for the pies, I'd say no change, Lucas getting a full game this time with Touhy being the sub, JR was not as bad as people are saying, was stiff with a free that led to a cotchin goal, can't expect every defender to rack up the stats.

At this stage, i'd be happy if we took the same 22 to Brisbane. We don't have to rush Jamo and Duigan back. Let them have a full game with the Northern Blues tomorrow, and give them a large break before Collingwood in round 3.

Only change i'd make is to give Lucas a full game, and either JR or Tuohy as the sub.

What about JR out for Collins?

A lot of hype from many about collins VFL form last year, might be a good game to give him an opportunity?

No point bringing Jamo back for this, he'll be back for the pies, I'd say no change, Lucas getting a full game this time with Touhy being the sub, JR was not as bad as people are saying, was stiff with a free that led to a cotchin goal, can't expect every defender to rack up the stats.

This :thumbsu:

although russell probably deserves to be dropped, i feel that he shouldn't be purely because he is the sort of player that relies heavily on confindence to play at his optimal level. maybe if he plays one or two more games he'll be able to build up his confidence

If Mclean gets another 30 possessions, i'd swap him for Russell. If we were serious about reviving his career of course.

Playing duigan and jamison only when ready gives McCarthy and watson first hand experience of playing alongside their mentors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back