Preview Round 2 vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well after a 7 goal loss in round 1 against the Blues we now find ourselves fronting up to the Pies who are also coming off a 22 point loss. Probably a good time for us to be getting them given they are missing a number of key players from their best 22. However, it shouldn't mean that we should expect a win. The Blues were missing a few and accounted for us easily in the end so this will be another tought challenge.

Last Time We Met
Collingwood 24.17.161 def Richmond 13.12.90

In this game Swan had 33 disposals and kicked 4goals, Thomas had 26 disposals 11 marks & 2 goals, Pendlebury had 26 disposals & 7 tackles and Sidebottom had 26 disposals & 3 goals to lead the Pies. Up forward Cloke had 13 disposals 10 marks and kicked 3.4. These 4 will once again be the key players we will need to contain if we want to have a shot at winning.

For us we had Deledio 33 disposals, Cotchin & Grigg with 30 each & Martin with 28 that led the charge for us. Up forward Jack kicked 4 goals from 6 disposals & 3 marks. Again this week we're going to be looking at these guys to help us be competitive and hopefully win.

So bring on the pre match chat and remember keep it civil, last weeks preview thread was a great thread with input from Blues fans as well. Hopefully we can have the same this week.

Re: Round 2 vs Collingwood Saturday April 7 @ 7.40

B: 2. Dylan Grimes, 18. Alex Rance, 38. Steve Morris
HB: 14. Bachar Houli, 16. Luke McGuane, 17. Chris Newman
C: 3. Brett Deledio, 4. Dustin Martin, 42. Brandon Ellis
HF: 9. Trent Cotchin, 13. Brad Miller* (R), 26. Robin Nahas
F: 29. Tyrone Vickery, 8. Jack Riewoldt, 28. Jake King
Foll: 20. Ivan Maric, 23. Daniel Jackson, 41. Nathan Foley

Int (from): 21. Shane Tuck, 6. Shaun Grigg, 30. Reece Conca, 44. Matthew Arnot, 46. Jeromey Webbberley, 11. Jake Batchelor, 35. Matt White

Out: Jayden Post (he is not the CHB we are after I poo my pants everytime I see him near the ball), Addam Maric (he was only ever filling Jake King's spot for Rd 1 and his tackling pressure was not what is required of a small forward), Shane Edwards (too small, too s**t .. simple)

In: Luke McGuane (Without Griffiths or Astbury, unfortunately it's McGuane, but despite being undersized there is far more competitveness - and experience - than Post), Jake King (rightfully taking back his spot), Matthew Arnot (tough nut, played a great game in the VFL, the sooner guys like him play the better off we'll be), Jeromey Webberley (a solid VFL contributor, at least needs to be allowed to show whether or not he is capable of performing at the highest level), Jake Batchelor (Didn't make the cut last week, after Thursday he should make the cut this week.. simple), Matt White (contrary to popular belief this guy can play, he can tag, he can run, he can last a full game, knows where the goals are, and above all wears his heart on his sleeve).

* I felt this is where we went wrong last week, and have done for a while. We missed Tuck at the stoppages in the last quarter last week and Miller was one tall too many in the final quarter. Miller needs to be the one being subbed off to allow for that extra run. Small for a tall not small for a small.
My prediction - Collingwood by 30 points.

in _king and mcquane
out post and maric

If webberly gets a run then it has to b houli he replaces soft for soft .

• Pies conceded 20 goals.

• Their other key defender is gunna be out.

• Our Forwards will have a rocket up their arse.

• No way known will our forwards be so insipid.

• Push Up will be back :thumbsu:

• Conc will have had a run and will be raring to go,

• Lids will be firing after a training run with GWS and a run with the tankers.Im tipping BOG for the Tiges.

• vICK had some weird issue but will be BACK big time. He is a GUN and all the s**t in the last few days on this site make me wanta spew.
I wont put money on this game, but i will tip the the Tiges in the footy tipping. I have a feeling this will be a cracker.

• Pies conceded 20 goals.
  • Their other key defender is gunna be out.
  • Our Forwards will have a rocket up their arse.
  • No way known will our forwards be so insipid.
  • Push Up will be back :thumbsu:
  • Conc will have had a run and will be raring to go,
  • Lids will be firing after a training run with GWS and a run with the tankers.Im tipping BOG for the Tiges.
  • vICK had some weird issue but will be BACK big time. He is a GUN and all the s**t in the last few days on this site make me wanta spew.
I wont put money on this game, but i will tip the the Tiges in the footy tipping. I have a feeling this will be a cracker.

im with you. the pies conceded too many goals last vs the hawks.
our forward line wa sjust insipid last week and really hope they get a rocket this week. vickery and jack need to stand up, very poor games.

push up in for nahas. maric plays nahas' role not kings.
no more changes. post stays for a good 6-8 week block. no more mcgunae ever.

will hopefully be a close game. but the pies have the class and midfield scoring power to pull away from us when it counts.

jack, lids martin and cotchin will all need to have great games...

push up in for nahas.

I dont get this. Our entire team bar 3 or 4 were sub standard. What i saw of Nahas was good. His pace, agility and attack was first rate. People here hang s**t on him but i will say this - he WILL NOT be dropped this year, the only way he wont play is via injury. Bank it.

Liked deanbigfooty analysis.

Ins: King, Batchelor & White
Out: A Maric, Miller & ????

Conca has to start. Maybe Edwards for sub.

Leave Ellis in - he is a player, looks so good with the ball. We can afford to develop a player. Besides, who else comes in?

Leave Morris, loved his attack on the ball. He will get the shut down role on someone like Blair.

I don't think the smaller Maric has the tank at the moment. I watched him blow up on the members wing chasing Yarran whilst Yarran kept on running. He needs some serious fitness work.

Miller just didn't offer anything. The issue then is who comes in. Ideally, it would be Griffiths or Astbury. Maybe Dericcx gets a run. I think Collingwood's backline is vulnerable. Gee we need a decent half forward.

Unfortunately, Jackson, Grigg and Tuck will need to play as we will need those bigger bodies. The tag has to go to Pendlebury. Batchelor can take the resting midfielder up forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the number of goals Collingwood condeeded last week has more to do with Hawthorn being good than Collingwood being vunerable. If we want to be in this match we'll need to channel our third-term ball movement from last week into four full quarters.

Hey guys, looking forward to a good game this week. I am thinking that if we go in with a similar side the Tigers will be in with a great chance of an upset. Especially if Tarrant doesn't play and we have to go with Reid on Riewoldt. Reid is needed as a third man up and intercept marker so when he is tied up on the best opposition forward it weakens our backling as a whole.

If we get Wood, Beams and Tarrant back I would be a lot more confident.

I do have a question about a couple of tigers though, in the game against Carlton Jackson and Tuck were horrible. Previously I thought Tuck was a little unlucky to always be dropped, but his poor performance against the Blues made me think he might not be up to the highest tempo games. Does he play in this one?
And Jackson, has his disposal and decision making always been that bad? Is he a lock to play all season? and if he was dropped who could possibly take the run with role?

The high end talent for the Tigers is there for everyone to see and that is a good place to be. Only need some of the young talented guys to take over from the stop gap players. I actually think Post will make it as a defender, but there are going to be a lot more bad days before that happens.

Good luck this week, really love the young players of the Tigers and I have a strong feeling they will all have a big one this week.

Post had a Shoenmakers of a day but he needs to hang around for a while. He's basically all we have.

My changes would be:
IN: King, Derrickx, Batchelor, Arnot
OUT: Maric, Miller, Jackson, Edwards

Out with the soft and in with the hard... if we are going to get anywhere near the pies we need to win the contested ball- no longer does Jackson help us in this aspect.

Id use arnot as the sub to come on and throw his weight around... id love to see him belt blokes!

I dont get this. Our entire team bar 3 or 4 were sub standard. What i saw of Nahas was good. His pace, agility and attack was first rate. People here hang s**t on him but i will say this - he WILL NOT be dropped this year, the only way he wont play is via injury. Bank it.
I hope you are joking about what you saw of Nahas against Carlton. He was TERRIBLE. Even got voted worst on ground from MMM ahead of Vickery.

I hope to God that we stay quite this week and the media dosent pump us up and keeps the pressure on the pies

Our foward line cracks under pressure agaisnt second tier defense

Midfield isnt as good as we thought

Defense ... well enough said

pies by 5 to 6 goals .. were not hawthorn guys

More of this would be good ;)

[YOUTUBE]RKDcK80XIfQ[/YOUTUBE]

Hislop made Maxwell his bitch in that video.

Those tactics didn't exactly affect the margin unless you expected to lose by over a 100 on that day ;)

Anyways, we desperately need Tarrant back or this game will be a lot closer than most people think.

Post had a Shoenmakers of a day but he needs to hang around for a while. He's basically all we have.

My changes would be:
IN: King, Derrickx, Batchelor, Arnot
OUT: Maric, Miller, Jackson, Edwards

Out with the soft and in with the hard... if we are going to get anywhere near the pies we need to win the contested ball- no longer does Jackson help us in this aspect.

Id use arnot as the sub to come on and throw his weight around... id love to see him belt blokes!

I like your changes for the reasons mentioned. Not all of these guys played that well at VFL last week but neither did maric miller edwards etc.

I've run out of patience with Miller and Edwards and we have enough players to replace little Maric - unfortunately if you're small and not playing well you're out.

Even though Post didn't go so well, I'm prepared to stick with him (over McGuane) until Astbury or Griffiths start getting fit. If Post can get some confidence in his game, start playing like a defender, he could be OK.

For me the most important thing has to be our defensive mindset which will give us more of a shot of winning than anything else. Having said that it would be nice to stop those ridiculous turnovers/mistakes/screw up/dropped chest marks etc.

[B said:
tunksy;[/B]23730720]im with you. the pies conceded too many goals last vs the hawks.
our forward line wa sjust insipid last week and really hope they get a rocket this week. vickery and jack need to stand up, very poor games.

push up in for nahas. maric plays nahas' role not kings.
no more changes. post stays for a good 6-8 week block. no more mcgunae ever.

[quote=Bazzar;23730878]I dont get this. Our entire team bar 3 or 4 were sub standard. What i saw of Nahas was good. His pace, agility and attack was first rate. People here hang s**t on him but i will say this - he WILL NOT be dropped this year, the only way he wont play is via injury. Bank it.

I'm with Tunksy re the role Maric plays.
Based on last week's game, Nahas was shite - 8 lousy touches in 85mins of footy - slim pickings from a dynamic forward?
Maric at least contributed to play set up. For mine, King comes in and Nahas either gets a spell in the 2s or is sub (for Maric).
Also, Posty needs a few more weeks in the seniors - let's hope he settles in - if not, it's Coburg for back to basics

I hope to God that we stay quite this week and the media dosent pump us up and keeps the pressure on the pies

Our foward line cracks under pressure agaisnt second tier defense

Midfield isnt as good as we thought

Defense ... well enough said

pies by 5 to 6 goals .. were not hawthorn guys

Ditto - heads down, no stupid claims for the media to feast on...no Jack speccy pix for the HS/Age to feature.

Let's just go into this game with the view to playing good accountable footy - we will be better.

I suggest we will get within 4 goals of the filth

Hey guys, looking forward to a good game this week. I am thinking that if we go in with a similar side the Tigers will be in with a great chance of an upset.

Ohhh no not this again. haha. I want the media to say we're no chance, and I want opposition supporters to say we're no chance.

Coz in reality, we don't have much of a chance. This is the kind of game where we should be happy if we keep the margin within 30 points. Try to keep composed and execute the game plan for the entire game.

I can see King and Batchelor coming in, maybe even Helbig or White. Players to make way are between Maric, Nahas, Edwards, Jackson.... there's more at risk of being cut.

Blair was good last week, I want to see Morris on him. Blair wont wanna go near it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back