Rd 3 Team V GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Rosa ran laps and Priddis did very little at training today. Neither participated in the match simulation drills.

Shocked that Dalziell got the extended bench over Swift, but I doubt it will actually matter. Dissappointed at no Stevenson either, but oh well.

Brown, Butler, Stevens and McGinnity/Neates the 4 inclusions for mine.

GWS Giants
B: Phil Davis, Tim Mohr, Jack Hombsch
HB: Luke Power, Chad Cornes, Adam Kennedy
C: Rhys Palmer, Tomas Bugg, Tom Scully
HF: Stephen Coniglio, Jeremy Cameron, Adam Tomlinson
F: Toby Greene, Jonathan Giles, Devon Smith
Foll: Dean Brogan, Callan Ward, Dylan Shiel
I/C: Shaun Edwards, Israel Folau, Curtly Hampton, Jacob Townsend, Adam Treloar, WIlliam Hoskin-Elliot, Liam Sumner

In: Shaun Edwards, Adam Treloar, Adam Tomlinson, Liam Sumner, Dean Brogan
Out: Nathan Wilson, Dom Tyson (Injured)

West Coast Eagles
B: Beau Waters, Eric Mackenzie, Ashley Smith
HB: Adam Selwood, Will Schofield, Shannon Hurn
C: Andrew Gaff, Scott Selwood, Chris Masten
HF: Josh Hill, Quinten Lynch, Jack Darling
F: Dean Cox, Josh Kennedy, Ashton Hams
Foll: Nic Naitanui, Luke Shuey, Daniel Kerr
I/C: Sam Butler, Mitch Brown, Patrick McGinnity, Bradd Dalziell, Koby Stevens, Ryan Neates, Jacob Brennan

In: Sam Butler, Mitch Brown, Patrick McGinnity, Bradd Dalziell, Koby Stevens, Ryan Neates, Jacob Brennan
Out: Andrew Embley (Shoulder), Darren Glass (Groin), Matthew Priddis (Quad), Matthew Rosa (Quad)

Rosa was played deep forward for a fair portion of the last qtr and I don't recall seeing him on the wing much in the 3rd either

Seriously, what is the f'n point of pumping any games into Dalziell?? Ahead of Stevenson and Swift?! bad call..

I find it laughable that people are calling for the better players to be 'rested' really? After TWO games? If it was round 17 or 18 then you have an argument, but after TWO games!?!

Rosa I can understand because his leg was iced up at the end up the Demons game when they were walking off the field

Priddis and Glass are being rested.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously what is with all the hatred on here for Dalziell? He has played what 7 games for us, not sure he was so shocking/terrible in those games he should never play AFL again. We obviously rated him at one point as we did trade him in, and kept him on our list after only 1 appearance last year. He was pretty good in the NAB cup game I thought, and possibly might even come in and add something positive to team. I think we need to give him a break and stop crucifying the guy every time his name is mentioned but continue to praise "superstars" such as Swift, Stevens, Stevenson, etc. Compared to Bradd they have shown the same if not less that they can cut it at AFL level.

Glad that workhorse Priddis gets a breather with veteran Glassy.

Hope Butler, Stevens, and Dalziell play, and Brennan makes his debut.

Should be an interesting game to watch with all these opportunities to fringe players

Seriously what is with all the hatred on here for Dalziell? He has played what 7 games for us, not sure he was so shocking/terrible in those games he should never play AFL again. We obviously rated him at one point as we did trade him in, and kept him on our list after only 1 appearance last year. He was pretty good in the NAB cup game I thought, and possibly might even come in and add something positive to team. I think we need to give him a break and stop crucifying the guy every time his name is mentioned but continue to praise "superstars" such as Swift, Stevens, Stevenson, etc. Compared to Bradd they have shown the same if not less that they can cut it at AFL level.

There's nothing wrong with him, noones calling for his head, it just seems weird that there's younger players in better form that you'd think would get the game. Nobody is going to complain too hard if he plays, but it seems like there's better options.

3 changes to the midfield from last week and not one of the potential replacements is named Swift.

Phrases like 'cards marked' and 'writing on the wall' spring to mind.

BTW, I agree that 'resting' players after count them, two games is indeed BS.

I don't think they're being rested - surely they have some slight injury concerns.

Yes I admit if we were playing Hawthorn this weekend they would be playing but against GWS you may as well give the week off to players with slight injury niggles.

Swift is probably out of here if Braddd Ddalzielll gets the nod ahead of him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back