Game Day Round 3 Carlton v Collingwood Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome to the Game Day discussion for Carlton v Collingwood. Also consider checking out the live blog for the game on the main board as well.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=931302

Visitors please keep it respectful.

Pumped for this one, but oh so nervous.

leaving home now. Nose bleed section no doubt but it's a warm night...

Friday the 13th, folks. Beware the undead flocking to East Melbourne in avian form.

don't like it myself. I've seen too many games already this season where the sub has been a burst type player, and has made a huge difference.

That's not Nick

Not sure what to think about Duigan being the sub other then they are genuinely concerned about the fitness of both him and Jamo or whether its just precautionary considering the nature of Jamo's injury.

i honeslty reckon duigan as the sub is more tactical than cautious

his kick and efforts across half back will be thouroghly required for setting us up for our 20 goal win;)

What next? Jamison to start up forward? :)

Yes, a very interesting decision indeed with Duigan starting the sub.
What are the expectations for him, or are we covering for a back, expectant to go down?

Not quite getting it yet.

I was thinking Jammo was going to start forward given the make up of the team. Duigan as sub changes that thought.

I was thinking Jammo was going to start forward given the make up of the team. Duigan as sub changes that thought.

I think we need to stop thinking of the sub as being the player that can fill any hole. They are already on the ground in the form of our versatility. He comes in sooner if it turns out we are too top heavy and slow out of defence, later if it turns out the mix is spot on. And if we get an injury that hampers our rotations he comes on then. No issue with this. He is the least match hardened of the 22 and to ease him in later rather than sooner makes sense. Hopefully the game is done and dusted early doors and we have the luxury to sub him on at our leisure.

Go Baggers, been a long time since I have been genuinely confident of winning against top flight opponents.

Any size win would do me, but I hope we are well enough clear by 3/4 time to enjoy it.

How good is Kreuzer's follow up work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back