Preview Round 4: The Sydney Swans vs. The North Melbourne Kangaroos

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will depend on how Goodesy fronts up at the MRP, I reckon he might get a week with his record. It was reckless. O'Keefe needs a kick up the arse. Maybe he should start as sub? Everitt proved me wrong and did a few good things.

If Smith is fit and Goodesy gets rubbed out then swap the two of them but apart from that no change.

Will Smith be available next week? Everitt wasn't too bad today as the sub, and you would have to keep White in the team as he played alright and we need the backup ruck with LRT out...

Does anyone know how bad McGlynn's injuries are?

Will Smith be available next week?

Will_Smith_Rap_Career.jpg

O'Keefe was average but I would keep him in the team. Rhyce Shaw provided very little offensively and was getting shredded by Gray in the 2nd half. If Gray had kicked straight things could have been very different.

Out - McGlynn, Shaw
In - Cunningham, Smith

I still think we need another forward. How was TDL in the reserves?
It's become pretty clear now that TDL needs to have atleast 35 possessions, 12 marks, lay atleast 10 tackles and kick 6 goals straight to come into consideration for a spot in the 22.

In all seriousness, I can only see us bringing in Cunningham/TDL/Nipper if McGlynn's out.

Re: Goodes Reported

With a huge test against the Hawks coming up we need to defeat North Melbourne especially as it is a home game. They're not much more than a middle of the road side.

Smith in for Everitt, though Everitt didn't do much wrong today. O'Keefe with one more chance but shouldn't play against Hawthorn if he has another average game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swans by 23. Goodes needs to play - North will play him into form.

Too early to say for sure, until we know the injuries and MRP verdict.

Why did McGlynn go off? Is he in or out?
Is Goodes going to get a week?

Only person who didn't really perform today was ROK. He just didn't seem to get amongst it, but wasn't actively bad (like O'shea was for port... he could have been wearing red and white the way he played).

Smith back in if fit, for Everitt. Everitt was Ok too. Didn't do anything wrong either, but he's just not at quite the same level as the best 22.

If McGlynn is out, then Cunningham.
TDL in for Goodes if he gets rubbed out for a week.
TDL could also be considered as a replacement for ROK, if they think a week in the 2s would help him find some form.

McGlynn - rolled his ankle, was a little sore.

Horse also re-iterated the point about having different ruck combinations against different teams. This week we come up against 2 genuine rucks in Goldstein and HMac, will Seaby get a chance, not necessarily replacing White who can remain in the side as a third tall forward?

McGlynn - rolled his ankle, was a little sore.

Horse also re-iterated the point about having different ruck combinations against different teams. This week we come up against 2 genuine rucks in Goldstein and HMac, will Seaby get a chance, not necessarily replacing White who can remain in the side as a third tall forward?

Pyke had a good game for the ressies, and White looked the best he's looked for a long time up forward. I'd go with Mumford and Pyke, White at FF.

I'm against the idea of dropping Everitt, because I thought he actually looked really quite solid and deserves a shot to build on that, but if we bring in both Pyke/Seaby and Smith, I can't see any way that he can keep his spot.

Pyke had a good game for the ressies, and White looked the best he's looked for a long time up forward. I'd go with Mumford and Pyke, White at FF.

I'm against the idea of dropping Everitt, because I thought he actually looked really quite solid and deserves a shot to build on that, but if we bring in both Pyke/Seaby and Smith, I can't see any way that he can keep his spot.
I have always said you can't argue with scoreboard impact, and White was good yesterday as well as contributing with a couple of important goals. But he wasn't doing the things usually expected or needed of a key forward, and not much of his action was taking place at the top of the square which is where a FF spends most of their time. I'd definitely keep him in the team for this week based on that performance but the question has always been over whether he can hold down Full Forward, and not much happened yesterday to change my mind on that. He's always been very athletic and kicked some great roving goals yesterday, but I want to see him crashing packs and taking contested marks in the forward 50 before I anoint him a key forward.

I have always said you can't argue with scoreboard impact, and White was good yesterday as well as contributing with a couple of important goals. But he wasn't doing the things usually expected or needed of a key forward, and not much of his action was taking place at the top of the square which is where a FF spends most of their time. I'd definitely keep him in the team for this week based on that performance but the question has always been over whether he can hold down Full Forward, and not much happened yesterday to change my mind on that.

your points are not unfair, particularly the point he took no marks on leads from a player down the ground or no contested marks in the forward role.

Though was he holding down forward and not the resting forward. He was good in the first half yesterday and the attack on the ball could not be argued and his impact on the match was on about a par as Reid. He faded out of the game after half time though not having played the week before at either level that was always a potential to happen.

He did enough to hold his spot to LRT is back in the equation in a couple of weeks but not enough to solidify it beyond that.

Everitt got 8 possessions in a quarter and a bit to Whites 9 for the whole game. His were clean and efficient. White was giving away frees with crude tackles. Everitt's effort to chase down and pressure an opponent resulted in a Jetta goal. Whites efforts to chase were again absent. Both are reliable kicks for goal but Everitt can present and mark. He also has the pace and agility that White lacks.

Summary: Though I think White's game was OK, Everitt did more to keep a spot. If Smith comes back in and Goodes escapes a ban I'd keep Everitt as a forward. If Goodes out keep both.

An impossible day for tall forwards with Port playing 2-3 behind the ball.

Must bring in a second genuine ruckman or Mumford's career will be over this year or next. Play Pyke. Apparently he took six marks up forward in the last quarter (didn't kick straight). Leave him deep up forward when not rucking and have Reid and White across half forward.

When Mumford rests, Pyke into ruck, White deep, and Goodes to half forward. Sounds tall, but all bar Reid can play at ground level.

TDL.......not until he learns to tackle.

Dr Larkins on Game Day this morning said McGlynn rolled his ankle and has been diagnosed with a syndesmosis injury. He said some players can come up the following week, even though it will be sore, but most likely will miss a couple with the worst case 4-6 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back