Preview Rd 5 - Carlton v Fremantle 6:45PM Friday 27th April @ Subiaco - Team post #423

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rd 5 - Carlton vs. Fremantle, 6:45PM, Friday 27th April @ Subiaco - Preview Thread

Smashed in the ruck, if Warnock is healthy he's an automatic inclusion.

Re: Rd 5 - Carlton vs. Fremantle, 6:45PM, Friday 27th April @ Subiaco - Preview Thread

In the mix: Joseph, Collins, Thornton, Ellard, Armfield

Definite out: Carrazzo.

In the mix to go out: Duigan, Robinson, Curnow, Bower, Yarran (inj)

Scotland and Simpson despite getting high possessions have been butchering the ball of late, especially Scotland. McLean had a dirty day, as did Curnow.

Re: Rd 5 - Carlton vs. Fremantle, 6:45PM, Friday 27th April @ Subiaco

Sandilands tapping to Mundy and Barlow in the middle for the first time in a while except yesterday. Our extractors need a kick up the arse after their poor showing in the clearances today. Robinson is offering very little at the moment, needs to find his way back into getting 30 or so possies and disposing well from the midfield. Giving us very little on the HFF.

JR definitely in over collins, we need experience back there, something we lacked today

Carrazzo injury happened right in front of me. (RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!!!!) and I have no doubt that was Lonergan's intention as well.
How bad is the injury? (Although the clique on this board will be happy to see him out)

IN: Thornton :eek: Armi Warnock.
OUT: Carrots maybe Bower maybe Mclean

Collins deserves a chance as well if there is a spot.

Really need to respond well after today.
We seem to play patterson stadium pretty well but more than anything just need to get the intensity back.
The team owes us that

Out- Bower, McLean, Carrots
In- Ellard, Russel, Armfield

Hampson has been great up until this week and we can't drop him after 1 poor perforamnce, although he may stuggle against Warnock.

Curnow could've gone instead of McLEan but TBH I see curnow as future best 22 and not McLean, so I htink we should persist with Curnow.

Lucas should stay. He hasn't been great but I think we also have to persist with him and his speed should be helpful in Pattersons.

We need some hardness from Ellard and he will always put in 100% (especially in his home town).

Armfield back is an obvious one provided he is fit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bad luck about carazzo.He would've got the job on hilly,who do you guys think will get that job now?

Hopefully it's a cracking contest,should be ,you guys will be dirty about losing today.

Fyfe will probably come back in which sets up a great midfield battle of Barlow,mundy,fyfe,broughton,hill,sandi and Clarke v's Judd,Murphy,Simpson,Scotland,????,krueser and hampson.

Bad luck about carazzo.He would've got the job on hilly,who do you guys think will get that job now?

Hopefully it's a cracking contest,should be ,you guys will be dirty about losing today.

Fyfe will probably come back in which sets up a great midfield battle of Barlow,mundy,fyfe,broughton,hill,sandi and Clarke v's Judd,Murphy,Simpson,Scotland,????,krueser and hampson.

Probably Robinson will get the job on Hill.

If I was Ratts, I'd be making a statement and drop Jeffy, Hammer, Yazz, Lucas, McLean & Bower

Bring Warnock in, bring Watson in, Armfield, Walker, Ellard, Thornton and give Joseph his first game too.

7 changes is a lot and we'll most likely lose to Freo if we do this, but it is short term pain for long term gain. The dropped players will learn a lesson and the rest of the side will be sent a clear message that we aren't tolerating crap anymore, no passengers!

Haven't got where we are by making wholesale changes every time we lose. In fact, top teams don't operate that way.

Should be fielding the team that we think will win us a premiership. That includes Jeffrey & Robbo. Would give MacLean another crack or two, but if he doesn't succeed then that's it, for good.

Bombers have flown under the radar a bit, they're undefeated. So, wouldn't make wholesale changes for Freo. But if we turn out the same performance next Friday ...

If I was Ratts, I'd be making a statement and drop Jeffy, Hammer, Yazz, Lucas, McLean & Bower

That's only one third of the team. I'd be looking to squeeze another 6-8 outs.

That's only one third of the team. I'd be looking to squeeze another 6-8 outs.

Haha true, but their intensity was crap today, I still stand by what I said. I wouldn't want them thinking they can turn up and put in that sort of performance and get away with it.

Haha true, but their intensity was crap today, I still stand by what I said. I wouldn't want them thinking they can turn up and put in that sort of performance and get away with it.

I understand you're pissed after today but seriously, making wholesale changes to "prove a point" is schoolboy footy stuff. I'd like to think we're a bit more professional than that. I'd be livid with the club if it made that many changes unless injuries were a factor.
I reckon Carrots and McLean out and maybe Lucas. In Armfield, Ellard and maybe Thornton.
Walker available?

Not sure what the hell the MC will do, Armfield and Thornton, Bower and Carrazzo out

Ask me last night after watching Freo I felt we had em covered, today...dunno

Laidler is literally on one leg as well.

If we can somehow get through Friday night he will need to be "rested" the following week

We obviously went into the game expecting to win and struggled. I thought last week after we beat Collingwood (which we really got up for) that Essendon were a sneaky chance to beat us.

Quietly confident about next week. Would only be making forced changes.. 3 weeks of good form and 1 week of bad doesn't justify a dropping and most players were in good form.

Goes without saying, but we need Walks back desp. Not only can he take marks but he is the only one you can be comfortable with having the ball in his shooting for goal.

We def need Armfield back, his pace is important and he can play a tagging role too.

Bower needs to go too.

So

Out - Bower McLean Lucas
In - Thornton Armfield Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back