Preview Round 5 - Richmond vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I highly doubt Griffiths will come in after one decent game for Coburg BUT it would be good to have another tall that can play all over the ground. Definitely can't afford to play A.Maric though, he isnt strong enough in the body, west coasts defenders will destroy him.

Edwards will come straight back in for A. Maric or White.
Unfortunately I think McGuane will play, not sure who he will replace?

maric will come out, barely touched it against the cats. Edwards will be back. I guess Griffiths will have to come into calculations either as another tall defender or another option forward, Jacko should probably be dropped, but can't see it happening.
Would like to see Edwards play forward.

Cant understand why everyone seems to be wanting to rush Edwards back in? Was calling for his head, he gets dropped and now we want him back in? He looked lost in the first 3 rounds, let him find some real form at VFL level first.

On Vickery, even though he only booted one goal against the cats, I think he had his best game of the year. I was at the game on Sunday, dont underestimate the conditions, made it almost impossible for forwards. I didn't see Podsy or Hawkins kicking bags? Considering he copped a pretty bad stinger in the shoulder, I thought Vickery worked hard around the ground and allowed Maric to do his job down back in filling the hole. He shouldn't get dropped IMO as I think he is about to turn the corner.

Jack on the other hand, only the club really knows if its a confidence issue or if he is still struggling with his body. On several occasions, he looked like he could not run or even jump for the ball, if its confidence, he should be dropped, if its fitness, they need to re-asses.

On our outs, Jackson does a defensive job for our midfield, doubt Dimma will drop him.

Griffiths might be the option for our forward line, but while Miller is doing the job for us I dont know if there is room for him. I wait for Friday nights teams with interest.

Jackson will go to Kerr

Would be the obvious match up - and I daresay he'll be trying to push forward at every opportunity.

I find it hard to gauge our team at times. Last year we'd barely scrape across the line to GC and then do over Geelong a couple of weeks later.

I have read some Tiger fans that they'd rather the game at the 'G' - and should the roof be closed, i do see Etihad as an advantage to us over the G

The midfield will be the most interesting, we can't afford to let Martin and Deledio get the ball too often forward of centre.

Think Vickery is going to be copping Glass for a lot of the game, so it's not getting any easier for him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope we give Maric another game. I would go into this week with the same squad tbh. White was good when he come on so maybe give him a full game this week and sub Maric.

Would be the obvious match up - and I daresay he'll be trying to push forward at every opportunity.

I find it hard to gauge our team at times. Last year we'd barely scrape across the line to GC and then do over Geelong a couple of weeks later.

I have read some Tiger fans that they'd rather the game at the 'G' - and should the roof be closed, i do see Etihad as an advantage to us over the G

The midfield will be the most interesting, we can't afford to let Martin and Deledio get the ball too often forward of centre.

Think Vickery is going to be copping Glass for a lot of the game, so it's not getting any easier for him

Our home is the MCG and we should be playing this game there.

If Jackson goes to Kerr and tries to push forward, WCE fans should feel comfortable because the ball will be turned over if he gets it and would be an easy transition for you.

In my opinion we have to contain Priddis and his inside ball winning ability. We can't allow Gaff and Masten get cheap ball and we hope Kerr is off his game.

For WCE, they need someone on Cotchin, we need Martin and Deledio to have big games, we need Riewoldt to step up and Grigg and Conca to be as effective as what Gaff and Masten will be.

Going to be an exciting challenge and one we need to win. Massive ask for Maric in the ruck on Cox and Natanui, will need Vickery to step up when he is asked to in the ruck.

Is Shuey out because that will help.

Rance to Kennedy will be good and as much as Rance has his work cut out for him, Kennedy better be on his game to watch Rance's attacking from the backline.

I think we will have a go, but looking at the depth of the WCE midfield I can't see a win. Our biggest strength we thought in midfield will be our biggest weakness in terms of depth. WCE have too many class runners while we play Jackson's and Whites of the world.

Games like this on paper at least shows we need to hit the draft hard again and get midfield class to help what we have got to get to the level of WCE.

Will be there and looking forward to seeing how we go against another top class team, the one I rate as my pick for the Grand Final with Geelong.

Hardly touched it in 2 games. Been on par with Jack really. Vickery been the worst of the three of course but there's alot more upside to keeping Vickery over Miller

Please explain the upside???
He's younger and more athletic and supposedly the future, but you'd take any player who is performing at a better level if we are interested in winning?
Vickery has been a statue.

How does Glass go on the taller key forward types Falcon strike? Haven't seen much of him but I read he is only 192 odd cm. I know Rance for us sometimes struggles against the taller forwards (like Petrie) but if Glass was playing on Vickery, he would be giving up a good 8cm or so height wise.

I'm hoping we bring in Griffiths to play forward to stretch your defence or to play back, to help add some height back there. Think Ivan will drop back into the hole like he did against Geelong as well.

In my opinion we have to contain Priddis and his inside ball winning ability. We can't allow Gaff and Masten get cheap ball and we hope Kerr is off his game.

Priddis best and worst aren't that far apart even when tagged. He'll get clearances regardless of who's hanging onto him. Kerr on the otherhand is a genius - if left to roam free he can be extraordinarily creative. Often last year we'd see teams tag Priddis for the first quarter then have to move it to Kerr. I'd be surprised if Kerr doesn't cop it first up.

For WCE, they need someone on Cotchin, we need Martin and Deledio to have big games, we need Riewoldt to step up and Grigg and Conca to be as effective as what Gaff and Masten will be.

Although last year SSelwood would tag, we haven't really gone the hard tag yet this year, nor have we 'pressed' anywhere near as much.

Going to be an exciting challenge and one we need to win. Massive ask for Maric in the ruck on Cox and Natanui, will need Vickery to step up when he is asked to in the ruck.

Is Shuey out because that will help.

Fairly high chance I would have thought

Games like this on paper at least shows we need to hit the draft hard again and get midfield class to help what we have got to get to the level of WCE.

WC are lucky in that with our rebuild from youth, we've had genuinie class like Glass, Kerr and Cox to usher in the new era. It's no surprise to see those guys at the pointy end of our B&F. Shuey's year as an example wouldn't have been as good if Priddis or Kerr didn't wear the tags.

You take our Graham, McGuane and Jackson and replace them with Glass, Cox and Kerr - and Tiger's are finalists.

How does Glass go on the taller key forward types Falcon strike? Haven't seen much of him but I read he is only 192 odd cm. I know Rance for us sometimes struggles against the taller forwards (like Petrie) but if Glass was playing on Vickery, he would be giving up a good 8cm or so height wise.

I'm hoping we bring in Griffiths to play forward to stretch your defence or to play back, to help add some height back there. Think Ivan will drop back into the hole like he did against Geelong as well.

MacKenzie gets the best forward - so he'll go to Riewoldt.

That leaves Glass to take either Vickery or Miller. Whenever you give up 3 inches on a bloke, you are giving away a massive advantage, but you don't get 3 AA's for no reason. At this stage of their careers you'd think Glass would still hold the edge. IMO Vickery has to be prepared to lead up the ground to isolate MacKenzie. If there is not forward chemistry and Vickery allows Glass to roll off and support Emac, it won't be pretty for Riewoldt. However if he can go 1-on-1, well it's only 2 years since he bagged 5 in 10 minutes.

Could Miller play back? On Lynch, for example?

Hopefully Shuey doesn't come up

No chance.... at least I hope not. He hasn't got a fast enough acceleration to be a key defender, and IMO has given us a target to aim for up forward. His only downfall has been his kicking for goal, maybe we should be having lids or dusty running past for the easy handball...

I think there will be one change this week, we will need another tall, either Mcguane or Griffiths in for maric.

Priddis best and worst aren't that far apart even when tagged. He'll get clearances regardless of who's hanging onto him. Kerr on the otherhand is a genius - if left to roam free he can be extraordinarily creative. Often last year we'd see teams tag Priddis for the first quarter then have to move it to Kerr. I'd be surprised if Kerr doesn't cop it first up.

Although last year SSelwood would tag, we haven't really gone the hard tag yet this year, nor have we 'pressed' anywhere near as much.

Fairly high chance I would have thought

WC are lucky in that with our rebuild from youth, we've had genuinie class like Glass, Kerr and Cox to usher in the new era. It's no surprise to see those guys at the pointy end of our B&F. Shuey's year as an example wouldn't have been as good if Priddis or Kerr didn't wear the tags.

You take our Graham, McGuane and Jackson and replace them with Glass, Cox and Kerr - and Tiger's are finalists.

Good thoughts.

I wouldn't tag Priddis, just said we need to contain him. He will go head to head with Tuck in the hard inside ball winning stakes.

Foley will need another big game to help in this regard.

I agree we lack the senior players WCE, but our senior players are either useless i.e Jackson or terribly out of form i.e Newman.

We need to go to the draft and attack it with vigour. Get more midfield depth and runners.

Pretty sure we will see Dea get a game after his 29 possession game for Coburg, really excited to see him, think he has the makings to be an exciting player. Think he is the perfect match up for Hill which will allow Batchelor to have a free role and help out Rance and Grimes as the third man up.

Ellis to play more midfield with Morris getting Hams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back