Old Skool

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
10k Posts North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor
Nov 20, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
......moving on.

We finally get them on our home patch for the first time and they will be without two of their best players.

GC previous record at Docklands:

R2 2011 - StKilda 21-13-139 def GC 7-5-47 (Ablett - 40)
R3 2011 - Dogs 18-14-122 def GC 7-9-47 (Ablett - 34)
R6 2011 - Scum 31-13-197 def GC 8-10-58 (Ablett - 30)

15 goals, 12 goals and 23 goals.

We will be at full strength.

I want us to send a message to the Gold Coast that they will never forget.

I want this game to be remembered in 100 years.

I want us to hand out a frightful hiding.

......moving on.

We finally get them on our home patch for the first time and they will be without two of their best players.

GC previous record at Docklands:

R2 2011 - StKilda 21-13-139 def GC 7-5-47 (Ablett - 40)
R3 2011 - Dogs 18-14-122 def GC 7-9-47 (Ablett - 34)
R6 2011 - Scum 31-13-197 def GC 8-10-58 (Ablett - 30)

We will be at full strength.

I want us to send a message to the Gold Coast that they will never forget.

Perfect opportunity for Goldy and Dish to go ape droppings.

• Banned
The last time they met:

North 18-14-122 def Gold Coast 9-9-63

Goals: Edwards 5, Harvey 4, Anthony 3, Thomas 2.
Best: Wells, Harvey, Thompson, Edwards, Petrie, Anthony, Bastinac

Ablett - 38 disposals

I'll be back for this one, first 'real' game for the year. Kinda wished it was against someone a bit tougher, but I'll take what I can get.

Looking for strong performances from the young ones, Basti, Cunners, Jmac and Atley. I'm tipping Ziebell to break records.

Surely Drew and Goldie can find some form somewhere.

**** it, let's throw in Black and McKenzie for shits and giggles.

#freelindsay:D:thumbsu:

• Banned
It's time for a walk down memory lane.

Pot of gold gone, North

GOLD Coast mayor Ron Clarke says North Melbourne would have been "saved" had it accepted the AFL's offer to relocate interstate

The Roos will tonight celebrate the 25th anniversary of Friday Night Football, after a week of conjecture about the club's future.

Despite poor Etihad Stadium attendances and a flagging membership, the club says it is on a strong financial footing. But Clarke says the club's decision to reject the 2007 overture to move to the Gold Coast means it will always face an uncertain future. "What has happened has happened, but it would have been the saving of the North Melbourne Football Club. I think they made the wrong decision," he said. "I look at their games, and they are still playing pretty good football but they still don't draw anyone to games. I don't see where their support can come from. If you can't get anyone to your games, you are not being supported.

2012 membership count

North: 31,297
Gold Coast: 10,993

WHOOPS!

olympic-park-historic_1024-600x400.jpg

North Melbourne will not lose another game this season Bookmark it and it starts this Saturday with an 150pt win+ against Gold Coast with Gary Ablett out and Azzzzzzzzzzzzza!!!!! will kick 10 goals+ and my signature says it all.

I want murder. Pestilence. Children crying in the streets of the Gold Coast.

Slaughter them.
Sounds like fun. I'll have some of that too please.

It is North's duty of care to give these AFL plastic fantastics a flogging they will never forget.

Steve Waugh learnt his mongrel captaincy from the Windies attitude.

Give them a mental scar and the next time they are in a winning position they will fold.

Harbrow and Yaaaaaaablettttttttttttttttt out. Massive losses for them.

Any truth to the rumour young Dribbles and Caddy are being taken on a tour of the Aegis Park facilities prior to the game?

I want to see a reaction from us this week. Play as we did against the Cats and we should smash 'em.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ten goal win last season, at their ground, with no major outs for them. This time we're on our home turf with two of their best not playing. Add that North has improved more since last year than they have on showings so far, so it SHOULD be a pantsing.

Brad McKenzie, anyone?

This should be a BYO Bodybag game, but it might be a closer contest than people would expect. They pushed the bombers, you never know... :p

I want to see some ****ing tackles laid, none of this corral s**t which Thompson was doing last week which gave time and space for forwards to kick goals. Our defensive pressure across the board hasn't been good enough to date.

I want him and Ghostface Killah rotating through the middle with Cunners, Ziebell and Atley.

Whoa-Dang. If Benny Warren gets a start, I doubt we'll be rotating him through the middle.

Our M/C's (Mids/Centreliners) should kill it either way.

Not having to contend with GZA is a huge bonus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back