Review Round 7: Gold Coast vs Greater West Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 10, 2011
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
I know this is a bit premature, but was looking at some stats. Obviously every game is important to us, but this one is super important.

Currently as of 4 games played this is the season averages.

Teams played against so far...
GC = Brisbane, Essendon, St Kilda, Adelaide
GWS = Adelaide, West Coast, North Melbourne, Sydney

Points For
GC = 62.3
GWS = 52.5

Points Allowed
GC = 123
GWS = 132.3

Disposals
GC = 348.3
GWS = 351.8

Disposal Efficiency %
GC = 70.12
GWS = 69.7

Tackles
GC = 56.8
GWS = 64.3

:eek:

I'll bite. Bit of backstory first.

2 Years ago I decided to start saving for my first trip to Australia. Because of travel costs of my footy club, I wasn't able to go the first year. So I kept saving, kept saving, and then the schedule came out in January. I looked down the lists, round by round, and saw that on May 12th the Suns would take on the Giants. I had my vacation time planned out so that I'd need at least 2 weeks to explore everything I wanted to see my first time out, and be able to fit in footy.

My entire trip was created around this game. It will be my only real chance in the next few years to see the boys live and have a legit shot at a win. I am hoping Gaz is back as all the Aussies on my footy club here in Boston genuinely feel for me that I might not see a living legend play. Ce la vie.

That said, I would hope that with our youngsters having a bit bigger bodies and more time playing together that we'd pull out a win. I'd take our veteran players over theirs head to head, and obviously Hunt over Folau.

Stats aside, it's a road game and both Sheedy and Bluey will be itching to get their first win for the season, barring either side winning in the next 10 days. I think everyone will be available regardless of injury, as both sides will get up for the battle for the wooden spoon....it might be the difference between these two head to head matches this year.

I am dying to see the game live and at it's highest level, sit in Metricon with all my fellow fans, share my story and share a few beers with all of you down there. I relish being able to sit in Manuka, singing the song along with the rest of the faithful that make their way down there and hopefully not cop too much grief from the GWS fans while I do it....would remind me when I saw my Red Sox take on the Yankees in Yankee stadium in 2004, when we were welcomed as friends and as the Red Sox began to run away with it the fans turned nasty, dumping full beers on my head and my brothers, smashing mustard and ketchup packets on our backs and threatening us. Best night ever!

Looking forward to this game, a big win, and some great performances from Hunt, Weller, Bock, Gaz, Big Zac Smith and the rest.

Go suns!

2 Years ago I decided to start saving for my first trip to Australia. Because of travel costs of my footy club, I wasn't able to go the first year. So I kept saving, kept saving, and then the schedule came out in January. I looked down the lists, round by round, and saw that on May 12th the Suns would take on the Giants. I had my vacation time planned out so that I'd need at least 2 weeks to explore everything I wanted to see my first time out, and be able to fit in footy.

My entire trip was created around this game. It will be my only real chance in the next few years to see the boys live and have a legit shot at a win. I am hoping Gaz is back as all the Aussies on my footy club here in Boston genuinely feel for me that I might not see a living legend play. Ce la vie.

That said, I would hope that with our youngsters having a bit bigger bodies and more time playing together that we'd pull out a win. I'd take our veteran players over theirs head to head, and obviously Hunt over Folau.

Stats aside, it's a road game and both Sheedy and Bluey will be itching to get their first win for the season, barring either side winning in the next 10 days. I think everyone will be available regardless of injury, as both sides will get up for the battle for the wooden spoon....it might be the difference between these two head to head matches this year.

I am dying to see the game live and at it's highest level, sit in Metricon with all my fellow fans, share my story and share a few beers with all of you down there. I relish being able to sit in Manuka, singing the song along with the rest of the faithful that make their way down there and hopefully not cop too much grief from the GWS fans while I do it....would remind me when I saw my Red Sox take on the Yankees in Yankee stadium in 2004, when we were welcomed as friends and as the Red Sox began to run away with it the fans turned nasty, dumping full beers on my head and my brothers, smashing mustard and ketchup packets on our backs and threatening us. Best night ever!

Looking forward to this game, a big win, and some great performances from Hunt, Weller, Bock, Gaz, Big Zac Smith and the rest.

Go suns!

Good on ya mate, give the Suns admin a call. They may be able to hook you up with pre game change room access etc. Also FWIW Ablett will play. He reckons he may be back even next week v the Dockers.

gold coast by 10points if ablett plays seen him at Metricon in round 3 tore us apart scared me so much i had to take a walk at 3 quarter time and didnt go back to my seat just stayed down ground level watched it with the drunks i did have good seat i think every seat at Metricon is a good seat good stadium but i like to be closer to the action so i like the ground section might go to gws vs gc

Go suns!

See you at the game Fav son, I am flying the family down for the game, don't forget your winter clothes as Canberra is about as cold as it gets in Australia.

This is going to be a keenly anticipated game from both teams, that's for sure!

I'm not going to speculate on our potential match-ups until after this coming weekend, but I am sure our boys are going to give it a red - hot go!

The Suns have been really impressive for a few quarters in most games recently, and while I think out boys will challence you strongly there is a lot more maturity and level-headedness that should see you stand up when the pressure is on.

Terrible news! Our winnable games are coming up in the next few weeks. Huge blow if he misses them all.

On the other hand, massive confidence booster for the rest of the boys if they can get a win or two without him!

I am dying to see the game live and at it's highest level, sit in Metricon with all my fellow fans, share my story and share a few beers with all of you down there.

Go suns!

I do hope you are taking the time to drive to Melbourne then? :p but seriously, welcome to the AFL and live is the only way to see the game played.

I understand the irony of a Dockers supporter saying this.

Received word today Stanley is pretty much a lock to play v GWS for his first senior game of 2012.

Just needs a solid display/come through unscathed v Thunder this w.e.

Received word today Stanley is pretty much a lock to play v GWS for his first senior game of 2012.

Just needs a solid display/come through unscathed v Thunder this w.e.

Thats great news been wondering when he would get back. Saw a bit of the game last week and he looked good but only played a half. Guess they were taking it slowly. Fingers crossed he gets through Ok. Love watching him play !!!

Lot of injuries at the moment. :mad:

Who comes in for Bocky ?

Is Thompson an option? - or is it possible Coad might get promoted?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coad should get promoted, if he's fit. Thomo might come in for Bocky straight away though, or maybe May.

Was just thinking about the Captaincy tonight. K, along with Smith i think, were the only few in the leadership group out there tonight. Give Hunt the captaincy next week, see how he goes.

Reckon Hunt should get it. McKenna was very glowing about his leadership abilities post match.

I don't think Hunt should get it. Not because I doubt his ability or because I don't think he could do it. But for this season, Hunt should just concentrate on his own awesome development, especially without the stress of whats gonna happen if he can not captain the boys over the line for their first win this week.

I don't know about the leadership..

If it's a choice between Hunt and Brown, you'd have to go with IMHO, his performances on the field have been far better than Brown's, and he seems to be the sort who would relish the additional responsibility -he's risen to every challenge in all of his sporting careers, I don't see how this would be any different!

TBH I think the players would respond a bit better to hunt than Brown anyway.

I don't know about the leadership..

If it's a choice between Hunt and Brown, you'd have to go with IMHO, his performances on the field have been far better than Brown's, and he seems to be the sort who would relish the additional responsibility -he's risen to every challenge in all of his sporting careers, I don't see how this would be any different!

TBH I think the players would respond a bit better to hunt than Brown anyway.

Is brown still in the leadership group?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back