Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
Moving on through the roller coaster ride that is supporting the Suns. :D

We play Freo at home in one of our new twilight games. Fingers crossed for better weather next weekend!

I'll start off with...

Out: Wilkinson
In: Hall

Would like to see Brown bumped down to the twos, but won't happen. He did finish off with a couple of goals, but also seemed to be good on the assists. Set one up for Russell and Harley.

I can only hope that Hunt gets through the MRP. That hit on Swallow could see him miss a week. Did something very similar against Vardy last year and got a week for it. If we lose him too, we carry a very inexperienced midfield. :(

I liked the forward setup of Day, Lynch and Smith/Dixon. If we can keep Bock in defence to cover Pav, it will go a long way to keeping us in touch. Day and Lynch moving around to take some grabs and kick goals. Looked very nice.

Hope they also leave Fyfe out. His shoulder is injured! Seemed to be playing a way more outside game yesterday.

Ablett will have a better idea of where he's at when he starts running again on Monday, but I really don't expect him to come back this week. As he said himself, he'd be way more likely for the GWS game.

But yeah, Wilko out for mine. Just looked out of his depth last night unfortunately. Nervous every time he had the ball. With Hall due to come back in from his rest, difficult to see who else would come out for him.

Wilko still seems to be playing in 2011. Haven't seen any improvement as of yet... Should be dropped. Maybe Toy will get a run in Harbrow's spot?

Wonder if Thompson will come in this week. With Clarke and possibly Sandilands, one of them will be resting forward at some point in time, and I doubt Warnock or Bock's arms are long enough, as shown with Bock on Petrie on the weekend.

Reserves game is being played today, so we'll have to see how he goes (pretty sure he's playing).

Moving on through the roller coaster ride that is supporting the Suns. :D

We play Freo at home in one of our new twilight games. Fingers crossed for better weather next weekend!

I'll start off with...

Out: Wilkinson
In: Hall

Would like to see Brown bumped down to the twos, but won't happen. He did finish off with a couple of goals, but also seemed to be good on the assists. Set one up for Russell and Harley.

I can only hope that Hunt gets through the MRP. That hit on Swallow could see him miss a week. Did something very similar against Vardy last year and got a week for it. If we lose him too, we carry a very inexperienced midfield. :(

I liked the forward setup of Day, Lynch and Smith/Dixon. If we can keep Bock in defence to cover Pav, it will go a long way to keeping us in touch. Day and Lynch moving around to take some grabs and kick goals. Looked very nice.

Hope they also leave Fyfe out. His shoulder is injured! Seemed to be playing a way more outside game yesterday.

Ablett will have a better idea of where he's at when he starts running again on Monday, but I really don't expect him to come back this week. As he said himself, he'd be way more likely for the GWS game.

But yeah, Wilko out for mine. Just looked out of his depth last night unfortunately. Nervous every time he had the ball. With Hall due to come back in from his rest, difficult to see who else would come out for him.

On first glance to me it looked more similar to the McPharlin on J. Brown hit last year, rather then K's hit on Vardy, where there was no third party involved and K couldn't argue he was unsighted. I'm going to pray to myself that he gets off.

Yeah love the glimpses of ability and cohesion from our forward line. That is the set-up that will propel us in future with Bennell, Matera and Gaz spending more time crumbing. Throw Stanley in there and we start to look a little bit dangerous :cool:

Wilko still seems to be playing in 2011. Haven't seen any improvement as of yet... Should be dropped. Maybe Toy will get a run in Harbrow's spot?

Wonder if Thompson will come in this week. With Clarke and possibly Sandilands, one of them will be resting forward at some point in time, and I doubt Warnock or Bock's arms are long enough, as shown with Bock on Petrie on the weekend.

Reserves game is being played today, so we'll have to see how he goes (pretty sure he's playing).

I thought that too, but Bluey praised him for his job on Harvey so he didn't do too badly on second thoughts.

Would like to see Thommo in too. Reckon he has Warnock covered in the air but not quite on the ground yet.

I think I'd be surprised if Sandilands would play. Isn't he out through injury? Difficult to see them putting him on a plane to play at little old Metricon, as opposed to giving him an extra week to recover and be at full strength.

I'm not as concerned about him in the middle. Just rove to Sandi's tap. But yeah, difficult match-up when he sits in the forward.

Had forgotten about Rory. :eek: Depends on how he goes in the 2s I would think. Who would come out for him though? Where would he fit? Maybe shift Brennan around? He has been great for us down there, aside from little bits. :p But yeah, let him play his way into some form. Seems to have worked for Dixon. ;)

Wilko not up to it just at the mo..amazingly actually kicked the ball forward for the first time ever last night...unfortunately directly to Firrito
He's still looking for that "make it someone else's problem" kick backwards in defence
Interesting comment about "playing like 2011"..because when you see Joel play like he did yesterday, you can actually gauge some true improvement in our game this year
All our defenders need to be rebounders
Would love to see Hutchy get a go
Dont think they'd risk Sandilands..the guy replacing him seemed okay
The MRP is a weird beast..Special may go for 4 weeks! :confused:

Agree on the Wilko comments - just looked like 'wtf do i do with it now?' was running through his head every time.

And it is clear, without a doubt in my mind, that the game has now passed C.Brown (08 is gone!). It is possible to see it in the grimace of his face as he attempts to run down a ball or an opponent...what exactly is his role? Hard nut BS?, off the ball intimidation? Or just b/c he's a tad bigger bodied or experienced? - in the end, he's not just getting the freaking PILL. For me, he's keeping Josh Toy out of the side. Cut the loss I reckon.

Sam Day! Ohhhhh boy....give it 3 more years folks! Be patient. It's going to be colossal!!

Trent Mck...mate, you have no bigger fan than me! BUT FFS, where is the run, where is the hard work? Half rat power atm.

Harley B - hand up who's Heart Rate instantly raises 60 bpm everytime he's within reach of the ball? EX CITE MENT MACHINE!!!!

K - naysayers eat S***

Brennan - 140 DT points and everyone calls for his head....waaaaay better fwd than back though. Didn't actually want to kick it out yesterday, especially to the huddle (WTF was that experiement anyway?). Give the kick outs to the Canon and get the ball the hell out of there...

THE HORSE - fantastic debut. Another long raking left foot with dangerous penetration (remember those Canon??)...could not possibly lose his spot after that display....looks like he belongs!!!

Nice that K walked
Also nice that A Swallow was forgiving..we don't need to talk about that family's quality though
He'll need to be very careful though..it's his hips that get him into most trouble as he tends to maintain his legs going through packs with his low centre of gravity while other players are going to ground.
I'm sure the coaching panel will be hot on it with him.

seems like there might be a bit of feeling in this one.

Fremantle coach Ross Lyon has hit back at Gold Coast Suns, saying they lack respect and the Dockers are keen to have "a good go" against them in Saturday's clash.

Comments that Suns captain Gary Ablett and teammate Trent McKenzie posted on Twitter have stirred up the Dockers ahead of the Gold Coast match.
Last Friday night, Ablett described Fremantle tagger Ryan Crowley as "a joke" for the way he played on Carlton captain Chris Judd.
If Ablett returns from injury on Saturday, Crowley will no doubt line up on him.
McKenzie also said a few weeks ago that Geelong full-back Matthew Scarlett "did a favour for most people" by punching Fremantle small-forward Hayden Ballantyne in their fiery round one match.
Lyon said the comments showed a lack of respect towards his club

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...from-gary-ablett/story-e6frf3e3-1226343126917

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets hope Gazza plays, Crowley will be chomping at the bit to return serve to his trash talking. No computer screen to hide behind at Metricon Gary.:thumbsu:

Gary can hardly wait to have another 3rd rate cretin try to break his other leg by diving in front of him and holding him back all match!
When Gaz is captain of the team of the century, Crowley will be well and truly forgotten, other than captaining AFL players that most resemble in form and character a twisted haemorrhoid.
Quality player Crowley, don't know what Gaz is on about :rolleyes:
Sort of player that won Lyon a premiership at St Kilda...oh..wait

lol he won't play..he never would have tweeted that if he knew he was playing

Are you implying that Ablett is intimidated by Crowley? Arguably one of the greatest to ever play the game scared of Ryan Crowley? :rolleyes:

Doubt it. Just a comment on that game on that particular night, dont know why this is blown out of proportion and made so personal.

If there was NO tweet from Ablett, this wouldn't have even been spoken about.

Are you implying that Ablett is intimidated by Crowley? Arguably one of the greatest to ever play the game scared of Ryan Crowley? :rolleyes:

Doubt it. Just a comment on that game on that particular night, dont know why this is blown out of proportion and made so personal.

No not about Crowley.. just that he would be in for a hard day at the office..

It happens in every game. Why did he only make a tweet about Crowley?
I think it's good that AFL players are showing some personality instead of just being robots, but it showed a lack of respect towards the club and I would hope the players made sure he would be a very sore boy on Sunday morning.

Gary can hardly wait to have another 3rd rate cretin try to break his other leg by diving in front of him and holding him back all match!
When Gaz is captain of the team of the century, Crowley will be well and truly forgotten, other than captaining AFL players that most resemble in form and character a twisted haemorrhoid.
Quality player Crowley, don't know what Gaz is on about :rolleyes:
Sort of player that won Lyon a premiership at St Kilda...oh..wait

What on earth are you blabbering about :confused:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back