Another Rumour - Travis Cloke - Massive offer by Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Sepoy

Senior List
Jul 11, 2011
Terra Australis
AFL Club
Collingwood
Okay, I know the "my friends cousins sisters husband heard this" calls are coming, but I have a known source who spoke to Travs sister on the weekend, and she confirmed Trav has been offered a contract from Freo which is worth 1.7mil more over 4 years than Collingwood's offer.

She also stated he is very likely to accept.....

hope this is all false...

go pies

Re: Travis Cloke - Massive offer by Fremantle

547406-teigan-cloke.jpg

^ That's your source?
(Pic related - Travis Cloke's sister)

Doesn't look trustworthy...

haha 1.7 more over 4 years!

Lets just say Trav ends up with 500k per year (conservative) so thats 2 mil over 4 years.

Freo would be paying 3.7 over 4 years at over 900k per year. hahaha. Not if they want to keep any of their young talent.

haha 1.7 more over 4 years!

Lets just say Trav ends up with 500k per year (conservative) so thats 2 mil over 4 years.

Freo would be paying 3.7 over 4 years at over 900k per year. hahaha. Not if they want to keep any of their young talent.

As I said, hopefully it's not true.

But freo would be on the market for a key forward as Pav is being used in the guts, so I don't doubt they will/have targeted Cloke. And looking at their list not too many would be on top dollar (Sandi, Pav, Fyfe maybe on next contract)

In my opinion they'd have plenty to spend....

If Trav leaves for the money it will be to Gws who can outbid anyone. Travis seems like a real family man.Doubt he'll leave Melbourne.

Next rumour ffrom Melbourne based club?

Why would freo want a key forward anyway? Under ross lyon they're going to spend most of their time playing in defense :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Travis Cloke worth any more to us then Scott Pendlebury?

Pendles (as an estimate) signed a new contract with an average of between 700 and 800k a year.

So should we pay Cloke anymore then that?

NO.

Offer Travis Cloke a similar contract to the one Pendles is on, and if he turns it down, so be it, we can't afford, short term or long term to pay any one player more than that.

Also, all along I've said we won't lose a star to GWS, and we won't, but we will lose one to free agency, eventually. It may not be Trav, and it may not be for a few years but free agency will bite us on the arse at one point.

Pendles (as an estimate) signed a new contract with an average of between 700 and 800k a year.

NO.

Offer Travis Cloke a similar contract to the one Pendles is on, and if he turns it down, so be it, we can't afford, short term or long term to pay any one player more than that.

Also, all along I've said we won't lose a star to GWS, and we won't, but we will lose one to free agency, eventually. It may not be Trav, and it may not be for a few years but free agency will bite us on the arse at one point.

yeah i agree

Nathan Fyfe come on down hang on they might have throw in the young ruckman Clarke as well,thought it was too good to be true a week going by without one of own supporters starting another rumour just bloody unbelievable.:thumbsdown:

Nathan Fyfe come on down hang on they might have throw in the young ruckman Clarke as well,thought it was too good to be true a week going by without one of own supporters starting another rumour just bloody unbelievable.:thumbsdown:
I'd take Fyfe and their first round pick, I think it would be a win/win
In 4 years time Trav would be back

Okay, I know the "my friends cousins sisters husband heard this" calls are coming, but I have a known source who spoke to Travs sister on the weekend, and she confirmed Trav has been offered a contract from Freo which is worth 1.7mil more over 4 years than Collingwood's offer.

She also stated he is very likely to accept.....

hope this is all false...

go pies

Sounds like someone is telling you massive Porky Pies and you are buying it or you really believe it.

I can be 100% sure that is BS:rolleyes:

NO.

I agree he should get paid as the Same and IF he wants more than he can go to GWS and we can get 2 1st Round Draft Picks for him.

Cloke is a Gun but don't want to destroy the Side for 1 Player

mate pull ya head in, makes no difference whatsoever so take a chill pill. just trying to see what everyone thinks about this, because personally I was a bit scared he may leave...

mate pull ya head in, makes no difference whatsoever so take a chill pill. just trying to see what everyone thinks about this, because personally I was a bit scared he may leave...
I am not sure but he would not go for Nothing though

Mate of mine mentioned this to me around 2-3weeks ago, I laughed in his face. I dont trust that football wrecker in Lyon especially after the stunt he pulled in leaving the Saints.

Can't happen, he'll either be at the Pies or GWS, they'll be no threat to go into the draft. Though his dad has proven to be quite ignorant

Can't happen, he'll either be at the Pies or GWS, they'll be no threat to go into the draft. Though his dad has proven to be quite ignorant

He's a free agent (restricted). Doesn't need the draft, the club that wants him justs needs to offer him more than we do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back