Hawks Gameday thread

Demons Gameday thread

Melbourne: Underdog of the Round
By John Sinclair - BigFootyNews.com

WHERE AND WHEN: MCG, Friday, May 11, 7.40pm
LAST TIME: Hawthorn 20.12 (132) d Melbourne 12.6 (78), round 18, 2011 at MCG

TV: Channel 7 & Fox Footy (live 7:30pm)

RADIO: Sen, ABC 774, 3aw, Triple M

WEATHER: Max 17, Min: 8. Partly cloudy. Isolated showers. Winds westerly up to 45 km/h

BETTING: Hawthorn $1.04, Melbourne $13. Line: Hawton -48.5points

A quick look at the odds will show you that Melbourne is the biggest outsider for round seven… and rightfully so. Whilst the Demons gave a visibly improved effort at Kardinia Park last weekend, the gulf between Melbourne and the better sides was still evident.

As often is the case with developing sides, the Melbourne faithful will be attending this one in the hope that the endeavour is high, and anything from there will be a bonus.

Full preview :::>

[live]23cacac497[/live]

(You can get CoverItLive on mobile - just search your app store for CoverItLive, install and search for "bigfooty" in the app)

Re: Round 7 - Melbourne v Hawthorn - Fri 11 - MCG 7:50PM

I hope the Dees put up a good show, but I suspect watching George and Gary cook a peach tart, or that girl from Better Homes and Gardens make a dollhouse out of a toilet roll and a piece of plywood, will be more entertaining viewing tonight......:(

I hope the Dees put up a good show, but I suspect watching George and Gary cook a peach tart, or that girl from Better Homes and Gardens make a dollhouse out of a toilet roll and a piece of plywood, will be more entertaining viewing tonight......:(

haha :thumbsu::D

I'm looking forward to the cries of rage and blood lust for every high free kick Hawthorn get (Particularly by WC supporters).

Also the umpires reporting 46 players for moving too fast towards an opponent.

Hard to see the Dees making a contest out of this one....and I don't exactly think the Hawks recent form is all that good.

Melbourne would have to be rabid in their work rate to be anywhere near this late in the game.

Anyone think they are a chance??/how??

Melbourne at $13?

Almost tempted ..... Almost.

Ha, reminds me of a few years ago. Essendon were paying $12-$13 against Adelaide in Adelaide. I too thought the odds were too good to pass up, so I chucked a $20 on it.

Essendon went on to lose by 139 points.

Lesson learnt:eek:

Dees went pretty well last week against Geelong at the cattery and they have some solid ins this week. Contrast that with the hawks who haven't been in great recent form and I'm expecting a closer match than some think. Still think we should get the job done but I don't think it'll be a bloodbath

Dees went pretty well last week against Geelong at the cattery and they have some solid ins this week. Contrast that with the hawks who haven't been in great recent form and I'm expecting a closer match than some think. Still think we should get the job done but I don't think it'll be a bloodbath

Except Selwood and Lonergan were out, Bartel was subbed out and the game was effectively over in the third quarter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've never wanted it to rain when I have to go sit in it but rain please.

I've never wanted it to rain when I have to go sit in it but rain please.

Looks like we will have shower or two. You'd been pretty good in the wet this year, while Hawks played two games which they lost to Geelong and West Coast. Still won't change the result, it will still be how much.

the melbourne hawks clash, the merger that did not come, i'm going for the poo and wee by 36 pts.

St Kilda vs Fremantle
Fremantle vs Carlton
Bulldogs vs Collingwood
Melbourne vs Hawthorn

Why is C7 paying a fortune for friday night games?

yeah, whats with the lame friday night games?

Our game vs Collingwood was pretty good I thought. Entertaining.

Hawthorn will win. If it rains, they'll still win, but probably by less.

Our game vs Collingwood was pretty good I thought. Entertaining.

Hawthorn will win. If it rains, they'll still win, but probably by less.

Yeah, was a great game for 3 quarters, thoroughly enjoyed it.

I guess people are more pointing to the lack of 'blockbuster' fixtures, but you can't always work it like that. The biggest fixture this weekend is probably Essendon vs West Coast but you couldn't work that for Perth crowds with work and all to put it on TV live.

How many sliding frees will be paid? I reckon 10+ especially cause it could be wet, and the umpires like to set the tone for the rest of the week on a Friday night. By sunday there will be very few and in 4 weeks everyone will be sliding in again and nobody will care.

How many sliding frees will be paid? I reckon 10+ especially cause it could be wet, and the umpires like to set the tone for the rest of the week on a Friday night. By sunday there will be very few and in 4 weeks everyone will be sliding in again and nobody will care.
Expect a few extra head high tackles not to be paid tonight also, especially if the player does a "Selwood" and lifts the arm before being tackled.

And like you said, by Sunday both "crackdowns" will have died off, and in a few weeks we'll be back to where footy was a few weeks ago, when very few were complaining about either apparent problem.

I reckon the Dees will get closer then most think tonight, don't get me wrong, they have no chance of winning, but I can see it being a 4-5 goal difference in the end, when most are tipping 7-8 goals +.

Bate the sub for Melbourne, Osborne the sub for the Hawks. Should add a bit when they come on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back