1/3 mark

Fngr isa Flog

Draftee
May 11, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Ha ha ha - woof woof woof - meow meow meow. Couldn't happen to a better bunch of flogs. The most arrogant bunch going around. Time to go out and buy another 3 All Australians and still come up well short. All that money and only 1 finals win in two years (and that was against Belgrave who lost in straight sets). They walked off the ground laughing like it didnt even matter. Awesome effort by the Woori boys. Woori and Upwey command respect - not by beating their chest and carrying on the forum and facebook like tossers - but by playing as a team and respecting the opposition. Back to the drawing board for daddy and son. And trying to blame the umps!!!! Spare me beaten by a much better team. How does the saying go - A Champion Team will always beat a team of champions. Meow.

TeeS

Team Captain
Jun 1, 2007
Tim Scott OFCFNC
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
OFCFNC
There are some real similarities between the 2012 & 2013 Woori finals campaigns. There was hardly a soul out there who gave Woori a chance against Gembrook last year (me included). They'd had a brutal campaign and came up against a side who'd led the comp for the whole year and had the week off. We saw there ability to mentally break Gembrook and run over the top of them.

Who am I to say that history won't repeat ? If Woori can raise one last effort, especially at the contest and deny all those Upwey runners then I say they can win. If they can't win enough of it in close then it makes things hard. Cut out Dawson, Heinrich and co and you go a long toward winning. If Upwey get time to pin point Hedge & Waters then I can see them kicking 8-10 between them. If it comes in under the pump then Woori's defenders are good enough to get it on the deck and run away with it. Weather might also dictate this slightly (what is it by the way ??)

Reserves - Upwey haven't lost and will win but I expect Mt.Evelyn to go the distance with them, infact whilst I'm picking Upwey I won't be surprised to see Mt.Ev win. Great players from both teams through the middle, great targets up forward as well, will be a really good game !

18s - Wandin have been the best side I've seen this year and I expect them to win. Woori in good nick as well and last weekends effort was huge to knock off Upwey. Will be a close one to start the day off but a win for the Doggies !

Taj Mahal

Debutant
Mar 3, 2012
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
I stand by my comments on Sundays umpiring. They weren't great.
Also benchman seems as though all of the wandin boys that were fit to, played, contrary to your story about them not playing finals due to financial obligations not being met?
Were you at the same game I was?
one was over technical but to both sides. should chill and let the boys play.
no bias tho just a few strange calls.

Taj Mahal

Debutant
Mar 3, 2012
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Seniors: Woori seem to have a lot of fight and belief but i think Upwey are just too strong across the board. Upwey by 6 goals.
Ressies: Upwey have looked a class above all year, its amazing the depth they have between their 1s and 2s. Mt Ev showed a bit in the 4th last week but I'd pick upwey by 10-12 goals.
18's: Wandin seem to have a very tight back 6 and appear to have a bit more depth, Wandin over Woori by 4 goals in a good display of the future of the league.
good summery, chief.
upemselves will only win by 30 points - if it rains.
problem is another year of them telling us how good they are.
ryno has done top job but class is class and the silverspoons will take the silverwear.
no brooker bogies this year to help the worry winkle in again.

domus

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 31, 2008
Mooroolbark
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Mooroolbark footy club
Surely after all the money is spent and with the mass of talent at that club someone has to ask the question can Bayliss actually coach?

Wandin lost two key defenders to season ending knee injuries early in the year. We lost the big Kid after three games to a season ending knee injury. We lost another talented up and comer (Luke McPhee) to a knee injury after some promising games in defence. It was a good effort to cover the loss of our tall defenders for so much of the season.

We were disappointing in the prelim and WY were impressive. We lost by ten points in a game where Woori had the benefit of about 6 fifty metre penalties for very innocuous transgressions. We played with 17 men for a quarter after our gun full forward was sent off for screaming F...g hell after a marking infringement was ignored by the ump. It was not directed at the umpire any more than the resounding F..k shouted out by a Woori forward early in the last quarter after missing a set shot. A disgraceful umpiring performance. To send a man off in a prelim cause he swore is about as backward and amateurish as a comp can get.

The coach did a very good job.

sportguru

Senior List
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Wandin lost two key defenders to season ending knee injuries early in the year. We lost the big Kid after three games to a season ending knee injury. We lost another talented up and comer (Luke McPhee) to a knee injury after some promising games in defence. It was a good effort to cover the loss of our tall defenders for so much of the season.

We were disappointing in the prelim and WY were impressive. We lost by ten points in a game where Woori had the benefit of about 6 fifty metre penalties for very innocuous transgressions. We played with 17 men for a quarter after our gun full forward was sent off for screaming F...g hell after a marking infringement was ignored by the ump. It was not directed at the umpire any more than the resounding F..k shouted out by a Woori forward early in the last quarter after missing a set shot. A disgraceful umpiring performance. To send a man off in a prelim cause he swore is about as backward and amateurish as a comp can get.

I thought the umpiring was not good, but both sides were affected.

I think you played short for most of the game as Fowkes was certainly a non contributor for the whole game, did not look like the player who kicked 7 the week before.

Injuries are a fact of life, every team has them, and it does come down to the depth in the list to cover. I did think Wandin big guns simply did not play well, got the ball but were very wasteful with their disposal, bombing long to nobody does not fit into modern football.

Hopefully the players will stick and there is always next year

Cheap Whine

Rookie
Nov 21, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Upwey team unchanged from second semi and Woori bring in young Coombs....

Weather looks pretty good, light wind and maybe a late shower...

sid snot

Senior List
Jun 13, 2008
Dandenongs
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
ofcfcfcfcnc

how does it rate against the EFL ....have watched a couple of under 19 finals recently and was surprised by the amount of 25 metres and send offs. Most send offs seemed to be for gobbing the umpires so didnt mind that you could replace the player but it seemed you could also through a couple and still bring a another player on....

plumber man 89

Draftee
Sep 20, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Seniors - Woori by 2 -3 goals. Upwey are far to arrogant and will come in cocky after disposing with wandin easily. Sneddon best on

Reserves - Upwey - as much as I hate to say it class above the rest. 100 point win. Kelly best on

Unders - Wandin, just having the weeks rest should give the young boys fresh legs to run it out better in a close game. 10 points . Thompson best on

Rufee Ralph

Debutant
Feb 27, 2012
At home
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Were you at the same game I was?
one was over technical but to both sides. should chill and let the boys play.
no bias tho just a few strange calls.
If you refer to my earlier post you'll find that I stated that the umpiring didn't effect the result in my opinion. Bit I'll stand by my claim that the overall performance of the officiating crew was disgusting and it drew attention away from from the performance of both teams and as a result the spectacle of the game.

Oxy_tourche

Draftee
Aug 22, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Upwey by 5 goals in the seniors will be just too good in the end.. Gooley best on

Upwey by 10 goals best 2s side I have seen in a long time..

Wandin by 4 goals there fresh legs and with a few worri kids in there seniors should see them come home with the win.

Oxy_tourche

Draftee
Aug 22, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
They will stick around if they get paid.

Most well run clubs pay there players don't they? Worri are extremely lucky with there kids but I no for a fact they promised there kids money and didnt give them a cent.. Looks like there could be a couple on the move!

Ryno has put in for a couple of different coaching jobs for next year and could be on the move.. Will be interesting to see what he does!

Oxy_tourche

Draftee
Aug 22, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Wow wee... Well done ryno and the worri boys amazing effort!! Would never have picked that.. Coach of the year by a mile, they certainly wouldn't want to loose him..

sid snot

Senior List
Jun 13, 2008
Dandenongs
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
ofcfcfcfcnc
how much did they win by the app stopped working at the 19 minute mark and couldn't get the live stream to work

wt037

Rookie
Sep 24, 2010
Yarra Valley
AFL Club
Richmond
They won by a couple of goals Sid. Great achievmement from where they were 4 weeks ago. We'll done to Mitch Bonuda for BOG and we'll done to Ryno and his team 2 years in a row as underdogs.

RIP Tony S

Debutant
Jun 20, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Both Upwey and Wandin Should see season 203 as a wasted opportunity. Both were the best side all year but not the best side when it counts. Congratulations to the Woori boys it was a fantastic effort to win 4 finals in a row and take the flag. Whatever the coach and players decide to do moving forward this achievement will be with them for ever.

The banter about money and being paid is growing old boys and to be honest takes away from the achievements of the 3 clubs at the top this year re cap:

Woori - Finished 4th, won the flag (again), U18's won the flag
Wandin - 3 teams in finals, 3 teams finishing in either a prelim or a GF, Seniors beating every side, Fowkes kicking 100 goals.
Upwey - Beating every side in the comp, Making the GF, having both seniors and 2nds make the GF, U18's making a prelim, 2nd winning a GF, 2nds going without a loss.
I'm sure I have missed some other points but all clubs and supporters should look at the positives rather than the negatives and set themselves for a big year next year.

domus

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 31, 2008
Mooroolbark
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Mooroolbark footy club
how does it rate against the EFL ....have watched a couple of under 19 finals recently and was surprised by the amount of 25 metres and send offs. Most send offs seemed to be for gobbing the umpires so didnt mind that you could replace the player but it seemed you could also through a couple and still bring a another player on....

I've loved the footy I've seen this year. The only bugbear is the umpiring. It is ridiculously over umpired and with a 50 metre penalty rather than 25m and a send off rule with no replacement, the penalties are far too severe for minor infringements.

I think the EFL could learn from the YVMDFL on how to create a buzz at A GF. ACDC pumping out before the game and during intervals was fantastic and added to the carnival atmosphere. The crowd was far more involved than the crowds at EFL GF's from my experience. It was a much better atmosphere than the EFL first divi GF has ever had.

Rufee Ralph

Debutant
Feb 27, 2012
At home
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Seem to have removed a few of your posts PUPPYLOVE. Say what you want, my opinions are my own, but the fact so many other people agree with the Wandin situation says more than what I could. It's not about liking or disliking the players, it's merely about how much money the club is pouring in to not only their senior side, but also their junior side. The fact a junior side like Woori that get paid exactly $0 can get over the line is absolutely fantastic for the game and the league! Senior result aside, I am absolutely over the moon with the Woori kids, hats off to them.

Hopefully 90% of the Wandin seniors stick around though, since if they do, I believe they will go far next year, but the fear is that half of them leave and the club is in dire straits or suffers the same fate next year of trying to buy new players that take another year or 2 to gel. No one wants to see the club suffer, so for the sake of the club I sincerely hope all of us are wrong and the reputation is just a misunderstanding.

Are you saying that wandin's under 18's get paid or am I reading your post the wrong way?

Adam H

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Aug 23, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Are you saying that wandin's under 18's get paid or am I reading your post the wrong way?

There was talk Silvan did a few years back but you would think that was a one off. Very poor precedent to follow if correct.

The Finger

Premiership Player
Sep 28, 2010
Upwey
AFL Club
Melbourne
Well The Finger told you all months ago Woori had the game and more importantly culture to win the Grand Final. To many people get excited when they see a stack of clearnace's from another league and declare them stars.

MS35

Debutant
Mar 16, 2010
Ferny Creek
AFL Club
Collingwood
Congrats to the Woori football club and in particular to the Golden Boy of the YV Danny Ryan.
2 years in a row to get the boys up at the right time is an amazing effort and the recipe to do this would be worth gold.
To lose Sharp, King and Lewis was a big loss for Woori at the start of the year but the inclusions of Bonuda and Wright have added some real talent. The lucky charm in Danny Hyndman also not playing but Woori once again have managed with underdog status to knock off a more fancied unit!
Not sure if the golden boy is staying on but I hope for Wooris sake, they can keep him for a crack at a three peat.

RIP Tony S

Debutant
Jun 20, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
I would be very surprised if Wandin or Upwey paid its under 18 side. There is always a certain amount of churn at any club and to suggest that its greater at Wandin and that relates to player payments is likely to be another trumped up accusation that is baseless.

like it or not player payments will increase in the future and it will continue to separate the haves and have nots. For some clubs they will find ways to adapt and player payments will supplement a good junior program and strong club culture to have sustained success.

Other clubs will not adapt and may not survive. It is and always will be a forever changing landscape.

For 2 years in a row Wandin and Upwey have had a strong U18 team solid ressies and a senior side that has played finals.

Looking at Wandin specifically they have a coach who is still under 25 and very much learning the caper as he goes. If you look at what he has achieved in under 4 years at the helm and how the club was placed when he took over you would be a fool to write off his ability now and what it could potentially be in 2 -3 years.

Upwey do not do a lot wrong ever, I would expect them to challenge strongly again next year.

Back