Past Andrew Walker

Remove this Banner Ad

Andrew Walker

Andrew Walker: Bunbury Diary
Luckily for us we found ourselves following a convoy of Carlton players and officials cars to our destination. Unfortunately Paul Bower didn't have the same luck, getting himself lost on the way and briefly holding up our flight.

Pauly B also drives like an emu. ;) :p :D

Re: Andrew Walker

Andrew Walker: Bunbury Diary 2

We spent some time watching a local cricket match and witnessed a wicket fall. As the new batsman made his way to the crease, Fev shouted across the ground "hit a six off the first ball and I'll give you $100," the young fella gave it his best shot but unfortunately for him he lost his wicket.
The oval was packed and when we made our way out onto the ground we joined by the mascot for the day Carlton O'Keeffe, that's correct, Carlton is actually his first name!
Just wanted to finish this on Sunday back in Melbourne as I know there will be plenty of tired boys around - we arrived back in Melbourne this morning and it was 4:00am when we got our bags and left the airport to get home. Ratts was right, it was a long trip
The AFL are ****wits.

Re: 1. Andrew Walker - bluegal1983

I've got him too. He should play but whoever is dropped for him will be unlucky considering our massive win on Thursday night.

Re: Andrew Walker

Anyone think he is going to play this weekend? Got him in my SC and don't whether to trade him or leave him..
Hmmm, I'd have thought a touch overpriced given he won't be a number one go to in the midfield, and is injury prone.

Hopefully gets a game this week and proves me wrong.:thumbsu:

Learn to look past numbers
In 2003, the top 20 included Andrew Walker, Farren Ray, Kepler Bradley, Kane Tenace, David Trotter, Fergus Watts, Josh Willoughby, Billy Morrison and Llane Spaanderman, but not Jed Adcock (33), Mark Blake (38), Ricky Dyson (44), Heath Shaw (48), Daniel Jackson (53), Michael Rischitelli (61) or Shane Tuck (73).
Greg Baum should question Walker's place in that draft after he's missed the last two years due to injury.

Shaw and Blake were Father-Son picks...

I have a great dislike for the quality of our footy writers because they write paragraphs such as that.

He's back in business, talked to him at Visy Park today. Looking lean and mean. He was kicking bananas from the boundary line, straight through the middle every-time. I asked him how he was going and he said that he is looking forward to his return in the next few weeks. Absolute legend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny, those who crap on about us not having pace.

Walker, Judd, Simpson, Armfield, Joseph, Betts, Hampson...............super quick all of them.

Can't wait to see Tex back........fingers crossed.:thumbsu:

I saw a shot of the team watching the Freo vs Pies game. Pretty sure I saw Walker in the group.

I wonder if there is a reason why he was there?

Any chance he could be a smoky for this week? Tell him to stay outside and give us some run, push forward into the pocket etc..........

Just a thought.

I saw a shot of the team watching the Freo vs Pies game. Pretty sure I saw Walker in the group.

I wonder if there is a reason why he was there?

Any chance he could be a smoky for this week? Tell him to stay outside and give us some run, push forward into the pocket etc..........

Just a thought.

Like he'd listen to you if you told him to stay outside the packs........he loves the rough stuff.

fci5px.jpg

Walker Looking sharp and on his way back

Walker was happy to talk about his return to football and hopes to play between two and three quarters as he eases his way back and is looking to get early from and wear the navy blue in a few weeks time. He was also not making any bold predictions saying he is keen to go about his return quietly after previously speaking to the media about a return to playing and both times re-injuring his shoulder. He thought it was better karma this time to just get out and play and see how he goes.

http://bigpondvideo.com/AFL/192890

Great to see Walker getting through the game. He looked very timid and off the pace but that was always going to happen considering his situation. Will be much better with that run under his belt.

I'm with C4 ...

Sylvia >>>>>>>>>>>>> Walker ....

:D (well on this year's form, it's hard to argue, the woman slapper has been senational)

News Walker steps into new perspective

Walker steps into new perspective

While the coaches opened his eyes to a different side of the game at the weekend, Walker is full of praise for the conditioning staff and rehab coach Mark Homewood who he worked tirelessly with during the week.

"He knows the human body back to front and he knows shoulders back to front, so he's been a huge help to me," Walker says.

"I've learned a lot off him and if any of the boys ever have any trouble with their shoulders I think I'd be able to offer them a fair bit of assistance after hanging around Mark for a while."

Walker steps into new perspective

Great to hear Walker praise the conditioning staff and rehab coach.

Carlton are number one in spending on fitness and conditioning.

Radical plan to level playing field

Carlton was the leader in expenditure in fitness and conditioning, shelling out $1.43m, ahead of St Kilda ($1.38m) and Collingwood and Sydney, which each spent $1.35m. The cellar dwellers, again, were the Dogs ($770,000) and North ($780,000).

Radical plan to level playing field

Thanks Dick.

I'm sick of people saying Walker has shown nothing after missing the best part of two years. Partly because a club made the decision to pick him with pick two ahead of other players. Harsh judgement of a footballer who broke down as he was approaching career best form at just 21 years of age.

Andrew Walker's Blueseum profile
Andrew had a breakthrough 2006, playing all 22 games (including his 50th) and lifting his stats up to over 17 a game. Importantly, Walker became something of a Mr.Fixit with roles invariably requiring him to take on a key player (often the key player) of the opposition. From Croad at Centre Half Forward for the Hawks, to Brad Johnson at Full Forward for the Bulldogs (in a year in which Johnson would dominate) and a series of midfield roles, Walker's pace and athleticism saw him become a key Blue in 2006 in only his 3rd year of football. There was no better evidence of Walker's climb than in his 6th place in Carlton's 2006 Best & Fairest Count, a stunning achievement given the many defensive roles required of the man who turned 20 through the year.

Importantly, he would add some real goal sense to his game with 8 to that stage, many making the highlights reels including a left foot snap from the boundary line in Round 12 against Hawtorn which earned him that week's goal of the round. Despite several injuries, Andrew played out the year and picked up a career-high 31 disposals against Essendon in Round 20 and backed up with 30 the following week against the Kangaroos. 2007 was a big step forward in Andrew's AFL career and he established himself as an important part of Carlton's midfield. Despite struggling with injury for the 2nd half of the season, Andrew still managed a top ten finish in the club's best and fairest voting.

Also smashed Hawthorn's big name recruit Burgoyne in a BOG display in the eyes of Williams and Pagan.

The then 20 year old defender murdered Russell Robertson in a display of his versatility and ability to win the ball whilst shutting his man down. Yet his effort to shut down a power KPP in Croad who was smashing Whitnall was more impressive.

For all the rhetoric about Walker, Bower's disposal and decision making off half back was more alarming than Walker's efforts at the same stage in their careers. Walker had shown more than the Bower as a rebounding defender, midfielder and utility before he broke down with injury at just 22.

Harshly judged because he was a pick two in a weak draft.

And because we have a few players who have become stars overnight.

Walker might miss the first few games, but he should be ripe for September with at least 15 games under his belt.

*end of rant*

I'm sick of people saying Walker has shown nothing after missing the best part of two years. Partly because a club made the decision to pick him with pick two ahead of other players. Harsh judgement of a footballer who broke down as he was approaching career best form at just 21 years of age.

Also smashed Hawthorn's big name recruit Burgoyne in a BOG display in the eyes of Williams and Pagan.

The then 20 year old defender murdered Russell Robertson in a display of his versatility and ability to win the ball whilst shutting his man down. Yet his effort to shut down a power KPP in Croad who was smashing Whitnall was more impressive.

For all the rhetoric about Walker, Bower's disposal and decision making off half back was more alarming than Walker's efforts at the same stage in their careers. Walker had shown more than the Bower as a rebounding defender, midfielder and utility before he broke down with injury at just 22.

Harshly judged because he was a pick two in a weak draft.

And because we have a few players who have become stars overnight.

Walker might miss the first few games, but he should be ripe for September with at least 15 games under his belt.

*end of rant*

What a load of bollocks ... You can't possibly bring up his 2006 form which was nearly 4 years ago now till today.
And you are joking about saying he was better then Bower at the same age, Bower's disposal isn't great, but it has improved a lot in the last couple of years, unlike Walker's.

He's still played 87 games, which is a heck of a lot of football, and out of those 87 gams, I don't think Walker would have been named as one of Carlton's best players more then 5 or 6 times, which is pretty deplorable when you think about it.

He'll be 24 in May, and we should have expected far more then a player with a no 2 pick.

If I was a betting man, I'd say it's a near sure thing Walker won't be at Carlton in 2 years time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back