Review #1: Chris Newman Observatory - Will Retire End of Season

Remove this Banner Ad

tigerninja

Cancelled
Apr 10, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Many mixed feelings on what Chris Newman has to offer these days. To keep other threads on topic, all vents, positives, haters and lovers can discuss Newy and his game in here.

I thought he was pretty good vs Brisbane. Got to the dangerous places. Provided excellent link ups, and won or drew some one-on-one contests that let us set up camp in the forward half.

Wasn't the worst player vs Bulldogs, and I saw him completely outpace Honeychurch in a chase for a loose ball in the pocket where I was sitting.

Very lucky to be selected after his game vs Carlton.

Was good on the weekend but personally I think it is time for him to don the vest.

He goes missing for large portions of the game but can play anywhere making him the perfect sub, especially once the game has slowed down a bit.

Look at the impact Gia had for the dogs playing as a sub and coach of sorts.

2 goals and 18 touches against the Lions so he won't be dropped unless injured.

Reckon the idea of him as a sub is a decent one. Experienced player and has a bit of nous that could be handy when in a tight game and perhaps give us that extra edge by stealing a goal or 2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love Newy but i can't see him keeping his spot at this rate, it would be better to get games into Lennon or one of the other new recruits, he does do some really good things at times but unless he can lift his out put he should probably be replaced.

Edit: I didn't see his stats from the weekend, they are pretty good, if he does that every week he should stay......

Was good on the weekend but personally I think it is time for him to don the vest.

He goes missing for large portions of the game but can play anywhere making him the perfect sub, especially once the game has slowed down a bit.

Look at the impact Gia had for the dogs playing as a sub and coach of sorts.
think you're spot on there. a good observation.

First let me say I love this bloke, carried the can in a time when we were worse than s**t and did it with no fuss.

Now let's talk what is best for Richmond post Newmans Career. His upside is what now?

Playing him forward to try hide him somewhere is not the answer. If he is too slow down back then he is too slow up forward.

Sorry but service is appreciated and the future of Richmond doesn't include Chris anymore.

Completely disagree, if he retires at end of this year he would be going out in form. Currently on track for another 1 year extension.
122lwr8.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back