Review #1: Chris Newman Observatory - Will Retire End of Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Ive watched the game twice now and i still havent spotted Newman in the game

Maybe if i watch it in slow motion this time he will be easier to see?

He really is now blocking a kid from getting a run and developing to the afl level.

Id be happy with a kid getting 6 touches or less in a game
You need extra widescreen to see him. But he's trying to chase just off camera.

Ive watched the game twice now and i still havent spotted Newman in the game

Maybe if i watch it in slow motion this time he will be easier to see?
He really is now blocking a kid from getting a run and developing to the afl level.
Id be happy with a kid getting 6 touches or less in a game
I heard his name called once by Dennis. Turned out it was Brandon Ellis

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All I see is people disliking the individual = dud delist.

Can't be denied that Newman is playing best 22 worthy football.
Disagree Didnt see what he did last night that any of our younger players wouldnt have done, Love the bloke for what he has done but definately bottom 5 player every week with no standout plays this year

Shane Tuck,Joel Bowden,Daniel Jackson,Kane Johnston were all doing more than Chris has done this year just before their days were finished

No Chance he should be allowed to continue next year, Tap on the shoulder should be made

Back it up with facts for the last 4 games then.
Round 14: GWS - 12 touches at 41% efficiency, 1 clanger
Round 15: Carlton - 6 touches at 50% efficiency, 2 clangers
Round 16: St Kilda - 15 touches at 80% efficiency, 2 clangers. 1 goal.
Round 17: Fremantle - 12 touches at 66% efficiency, 1 clanger. 2 goals.

Against a young team like St Kilda, he should be demolishing them. We had complete control of the game for 3 quarters, and he couldn't capitalise.
I'll admit that he played a decent game against Fremantle.

The FACT is, he hasn't had more than 18 touches ONCE this year. It's not good enough for somebody who's supposed to be a veteran, and he's taking up a spot where a kid could be contributing.

Still offers little for the price and long term non financial costs
Heard a good reliable rumour that he will be offered a contract for next year at a base rate with no guarantees of getting a walk up game
Sounds generous to me considering he has been finished for almost four years

Still offers little for the price and long term non financial costs
Heard a good reliable rumour that he will be offered a contract for next year at a base rate with no guarantees of getting a walk up game
Sounds generous to me considering he has been finished for almost four years
Depends how much turnover we have on the list. Losing Foley, Petterd and Knights in a shallow draft means you don't need to force these things. But if we don't have the cash due to a Treloar or Motlop then no thanks. Can't remember when vets allowance is removed but at most that's all I'd be paying him.

Round 14: GWS - 12 touches at 41% efficiency, 1 clanger
Round 15: Carlton - 6 touches at 50% efficiency, 2 clangers
Round 16: St Kilda - 15 touches at 80% efficiency, 2 clangers. 1 goal.
Round 17: Fremantle - 12 touches at 66% efficiency, 1 clanger. 2 goals.

Against a young team like St Kilda, he should be demolishing them. We had complete control of the game for 3 quarters, and he couldn't capitalise.
I'll admit that he played a decent game against Fremantle.

The FACT is, he hasn't had more than 18 touches ONCE this year. It's not good enough for somebody who's supposed to be a veteran, and he's taking up a spot where a kid could be contributing.
The whole team can't rack up 30+ disposals. If you play your god damn role you'll be fine. Stop hating.

We
Depends how much turnover we have on the list. Losing Foley, Petterd and Knights in a shallow draft means you don't need to force these things. But if we don't have the cash due to a Treloar or Motlop then no thanks. Can't remember when vets allowance is removed but at most that's all I'd be paying him.
Agree although we are supposed to be cashed up with a war chest . The players mentioned by you will most likely retire
I wouldn't be throwing big coin at the two guys you mentioned as I'm backing our drafters to do the job for another year. We probably need to trade players like Astbury or Elton on
The culture at the club has been the highest it's been for a long time so I don't want to knock it around with greedy money snatchers, but we really need a small fwd. Morris on until2017 is an issue as I cannot see him surviving under the current circumstances and rule changes to the games
Guys like Rance Miles and Jack are basically being paid unders and we need to be loyal to our own first
It's just a matter of which direction the club wants to go with Newman , but realistically he should do the right thing and retire

Remove this Banner Ad

Back