Past #1: Daniel Currie - officially traded to Gold Coast in exchange for a third round selection (#53)

Remove this Banner Ad

Dean Kent goes #48
Lachie Hunter goes #49
Joshua Pruden goes #50
Dylan van...? goes #51
Matt Jones goes #52
Martin Gleeson goes #53
Nicholas Graham goes #54
Tim Sumner (sp) goes #55

DANIEL CURRIE

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon we could have got a better back up ruckman with that pick, but anyway...
Nah, he could ruck. Not too much to hang your hat on, but he crushed the ACTAFL comp regularly. Durability was his issue. IIRC he got the call a few times before injuring himself or having something flare up, so if he's past his foot and back issues, he'll be gravy for youse, I reckon.

Awesome. Very happy with this. I for one thought it would have been stupid to use a top 15 pick on Grundy when we already have Goldy and Daw. Currie is the backup we needed to replace H and much cheaper too!

Effectively:
Out - Hamish, pick 56
In - Currie, Mason Wood, Mitchell Wilkens, cap room

Looks pretty good to me!

Daniel Currie (North Adelaide)

DOB: 15/2/89
Ht: 201cm Wt: 97kgs

"Daniel spent a few years on Sydney's list and after a year with us he's created a lot of interest heading in to the draft. We're certainly setting up for next season without him. A mobile ruckman whose got very good aerobic capacity for a big guy and on top of that he's got good skills to boot. Just a competitor who can fly for a mark and he's very professional in how he goes about it - pretty much the benchmark for us off field this season." - Darryl Whintle, North Adelaide football manager

He's a workhorse. Scott will love him.

He's only 23, so he still has time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back