Past #1: Daniel Currie - officially traded to Gold Coast in exchange for a third round selection (#53)

Remove this Banner Ad

Has it happened in the past few years that a player has nominated a club and his club has ignored that and traded him to somewhere else? I don't think it has. Bennell is going to Fremantle. Currie can go where he likes.

Mitch Clark would be the most recent example. Players have to agree to be traded, essentially, if the Bennell deal with Fremantle stalls we would have to swoop in and offer Bennell a deal he likes and offer Gold Coast a deal they like. First rounder & Currie would get it done I think, IF we could convince Bennell.

Mitch Clark would be the most recent example. Players have to agree to be traded, essentially, if the Bennell deal with Fremantle stalls we would have to swoop in and offer Bennell a deal he likes and offer Gold Coast a deal they like. First rounder & Currie would get it done I think, IF we could convince Bennell.
Don't want to have to convince bloke to come to our club . It's as simple as have a meeting & you either want to be a kanga or you don't .

And in any case do we really want a bloke who spends a night out with Dusty only for Dusty to go back to the Richmond hierarchy and say we don't want this bloke he's loose as f*** ??? That itself says volumes.

im hearing rumours today that basti might be on the move as well
I think most of us agree this is a monty. He's been in and out of favour for a while now and he should be seeking a more consistent gig with someone else.

Good luck to him (except when he plays us of course).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are people talking about Basti in Currie's thread? Anyway, if Currie does move on I sincerely hope he gets a consistent gig :)

If the draft is indeed shallow, it's a bad year to be trading periphery players like Currie. A 3rd rounder might be worth peanuts this year. So, I think Steele7's idea of upgrading picks would be best. Moving up 10 or so spots in the 2nd round would be handier than having two 3rd round picks imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back