Past Player - James Podsiadly

Remove this Banner Ad

Declined? are you serious? have you looked at his stats? he provides a bonafide target tailor made for small forwards like gee I don't know Eddie Betts.. in some areas he has actually improved this year..

33 goals playing key forward in front of the Geelong midfield. Geelong supporters were calling him cooked, and not at all disagreeing with the decision to cut him. He has declined.

33 goals playing key forward in front of the Geelong midfield. Geelong supporters were calling him cooked, and not at all disagreeing with the decision to cut him. He has declined.
33 Goals which happens to equal Lynch our top goal scorer this year.. even with Hawkins playing out of the square.. more marks than all our forwards... 20 more tackles than our next best forward.. don't get me wrong I don't think he's the saviour but he's hardly cooked..

33 Goals which happens to equal Lynch our top goal scorer this year.. even with Hawkins playing out of the square.. more marks than all our forwards... 20 more tackles than our next best forward.. don't get me wrong I don't think he's the saviour but he's hardly cooked..

You're right, equals Lynch our top goal scorer, who isn't even a real KPF - so why the hell are we interested in this guy again, when we already demonstrably have equally adequate cover on our list?

This isnt good, I am not happy with this, no one should be. The fact we have to sign someone like Pods means we aren't in a great position up forward, and I am not happy regardless of whether it is the least s**t action in a s**t situation.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

If we aren't in a great position up forward, what should we do? Sulk about it and do nothing, or sign Pods for next to nothing?

Very good chance from what Noble is saying.

Gives some pretty good reasons for it as well. Not only can he fill a hole whilst Tex and potentially Jenkins are out, but he will act as a leader like Rutten does with our backline. For free sounds good to me

Goody

We are going to pick up a 32 year old forward. We are suck a forward thinking club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pods, Porps and Callinan should start a secret club if he comes over. They could call it "The Adelaide Football Club Centre for Kids Who Are Old Hasbeens and Want to Learn How to Take Other Players Spots Too."

Pods, Porps and Callinan should start a secret club if he comes over. They could call it "The Adelaide Football Club Centre for Kids Who Are Old Hasbeens and Want to Learn How to Take Other Players Spots Too."
dz.jpg

I'm going to kg onto the record by saying if we picks him up, this will end badly.

Don't see any point and a complete waste of time.

I'm going to kg onto the record by saying if we picks him up, this will end badly.

Don't see any point and a complete waste of time.
Out of interest, what would Pods have to do in your eyes to be a good pickup? If we go for him, are you expecting something along the lines of 30-40+ goals as acceptable? Or would you be happy if he gave us a target until Tex returned and then possibly came out of the side and provided depth/helped our SANFL side? Or for us to go for him he'd need to play the full year and preform for it to be worth it (as well as Adelaide getting somewhere in the finals to make picking a 32 year old worth it)?

Out of interest, what would Pods have to do in your eyes to be a good pickup? If we go for him, are you expecting something along the lines of 30-40+ goals as acceptable? Or would you be happy if he gave us a target until Tex returned and then possibly came out of the side and provided depth/helped our SANFL side? Or for us to go for him he'd need to play the full year and preform for it to be worth it (as well as Adelaide getting somewhere in the finals to make picking a 32 year old worth it)?

At 32, win the premiership.

Given that Pods is a delisted free agent and what he brings to the table off-field, I don't mind signing him up - hopefully if nothing else, he can teach Jenkins etc how to crash a pack, and teach most how to tackle effectively.
Next forward coach too?

Pods would be a good pickup for a year and maybe another after that. Fills the gap early and is insurance later. Great mentor for our young blokes in the seconds as well if he goes back and plays there later in the year.
He was playing mainly up the ground this year, which is the reason for only 33 goals. If he played the full year in front of our mids, I'd expect 40 to 50 for the year.

Really don't want Pods. Happy for him to come to the crows as super backup meaning he would play in the SANFL unless disaster occurs with our list but I can't see him moving to Adelaide for just that.

I don't know about his possible coaching attributes but I'm nervous aboult the club becoming 'Sando and friends'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back