Traded #1: Michael Hibberd - Premiership Player!! Onya Piggy šŸ½

Actually I do seem to recall Bomber or maybe one of the players saying that Hibbo does cop a bit of s**t from the boys

I actually do recall him using the term "whipping boy" in a lighthearted way in one of the earlier pressers this season (must have been a win) but I can't recall which player he was talking about. Would be surprised if it was Pig.

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Guys I'm actually more interested in Hibbo's injury (the reason I posted here last week) as he's sitting on my DT bench now.

Anyone know how serious it is? Thanks.

Bomberblitzer

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2013
The Boiler Room
AFL Club
Essendon
Guys I'm actually more interested in Hibbo's injury (the reason I posted here last week) as he's sitting on my DT bench now.

Should've been a one-week thing, but Essendon players have a history of being out for a month after receiving a 'one week injury'.

I'd say wait a couple days to see what's happening with him.

Would be astounded if he missed the Footscray game tbh.

I guess its a hamstring - Was seen clutching his upper leg in the last few minutes against Adelaide. Assume this and he will next week against the Bulldogs and then we have the bye.

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Thanks guys (take my DT very seriously lol).

Regretfully it looks like i'll have to trade him this week if he's likely to miss next week too :(

Really sad to see him go. Bloke's basically been the #1 most consistent defender in the comp (apart from Jimmy B) and one of the picks of the year! Look at these scores for anyone interested.

That's friggen amazing for a guy classed as a defender.

Bomberblitzer

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2013
The Boiler Room
AFL Club
Essendon

Regretfully it looks like i'll have to trade him this week if he's likely to miss next week too :(

Really sad to see him go. Bloke's basically been the #1 most consistent defender in the comp (apart from Jimmy B) and one of the picks of the year! Look at these scores for anyone interested.

I don't do DT, but apparently Heppell is killing it this year. How's he going?

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
I don't do DT, but apparently Heppell is killing it this year. How's he going?

Heppell is going great. For mine though just a bit too inconsistent week to week this year DT scoring wise to stick in your midfield. He's expensive and susceptible to a tag too (bet you guys won't like that, sorry lol).

In saying that, when opposition teams don't pay him any attention he kills it. IMO this offseason he'll be given alot of work on how to handle taggers and will probably come back in beast mode next year. I reckon with Jobe out he's probably your most important mid along side Goddard now.

I've kept him in SC because I have cover but I traded last week in RDT to avoid a donut. I'd keep him if you have a Langdon or McDonald type on the bench.

Bang

.@M_Hibberd1 has been given the all clear from Doc. Reid and will be back this week! All the recovery news is up now: http://t.co/6IWLiS03y5

Hamstring spasmā€¦ Better than what i thought it was, which was a hammie strain or nick being disguised by a turned ankle.

So does he slot back in on the hbf or play elsewhere or what?

Reckon he should still start behind the ball, but the fact that there's another defensively very sound quality ball user back there means he can take off more freely and join in the attacks. Much like how Hawthorn set up with Burgoyne, Suckling, Birchall and Duryea who just bomb forward when they see the opportunity

BRANXDON

Team Captain
Aug 15, 2013
gold coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Croatian National team
I reckon I'd be slotting Pig back in at HBF and having Winderlich pushing up onto the wings a bit more.
Agree, geez winders has been good down back though.

Like you said wing could be a good position for winders, he will be able to float up and down the ground, helping both forward and back.

Pig is brilliant, our team starting to come togethor, just if Jobe was ok.

Sep 17, 2003
Essendon
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon Bombers
Agree, geez winders has been good down back though.

Like you said wing could be a good position for winders, he will be able to float up and down the ground, helping both forward and back.

Pig is brilliant, our team starting to come togethor, just if Jobe was ok.

I'm a subscriber to the if it ain't broke don't fix it mentality. Leave Winders and have Dempsey and Hibbered rotate between HBF and the wing.

Back