1. Mitch Brown (2007 - 2016)

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2013-04-15/brown-finds-confidence

The beast has taken time away from his bench press to talk to the media

WEST Coast defender Mitch Brown says he wants to remain an Eagle despite requesting a trade to St Kilda during the off-season.

A first-round draft pick in 2006, Brown managed just eight games in 2012 despite being fully fit for the entire season. Seven times he was listed as an emergency.

Even after having his trade request rebuffed, Brown says he can envisage himself remaining an Eagle.

...Hope you don't mind me posting that here, Remi.

Not at all mate, happy to keep this thread as active as possible. Was just about to post it when I saw it from AFL.com, but you beat me to the punch.

Seems to me he's got a great attitude going atm. Would love it if he could cement his spot in the side, as it'll give him the willingness to stay, and for me to get even more cred. as a sponsor =P

Beast Falleth

Because that scrub E-mac is healthy, Beast has been left out of the team. Watch as Andrew Walker kicks 15 goals on E-mac and Woosha and co. grovel at the Beast's feet to come back.

Beast Returns

BEAST RETURNS COS SCHOFIELD SUCKS.
SO DAMN EXCITING THAT I'M USING CAPS
HOLY CRAP SONNY JIMS, BEAST IS BACK
PRAY FOR PORT ADELAIDE, FOR THE BEAST COMETH, AND HE TAKETH THE SOULS OF THE FALLEN.

Round 5 of AFL: Beast Swallows Westhoff

Stats:
6 Kicks
3 Handballs
3 Marks
1 Frees Against
2 Tackle

Remi's Synopsis

Put in after a poor showing of form from Schofield, Brown made the most of his opportunity. Westhoff coming into the game was on an absolute tear, and was shut down almost completely by Brown playing a 'tagging' sort of role. Having kicked 13 goals in the past 4 games (more than 3 goals a game), Brown was in for a tough time.

And he didn't disappoint. He kept Westhoff to a measly behind, and forced Westhoff to push up the ground to have any impact at all. Although a shocking loss and Brown got little of the ball, his sole objective in stopping Westhoff was a huge success, and if he gets dropped after keeping the Hoff to 1 behind, I'll be absolutely filthy.

Needs to continue to build up confidence however, as he's still a bit panicky at AFL level having not played many games. Remi fully expects him to grow in confidence and regain that top form that had us all drooling several years ago.

I love the updates Rem!

Round 5 of AFL: Beast Swallows Westhoff

Stats:
6 Kicks
3 Handballs
3 Marks
1 Frees Against
2 Tackle

Remi's Synopsis

Put in after a poor showing of form from Schofield, Brown made the most of his opportunity. Westhoff coming into the game was on an absolute tear, and was shut down almost completely by Brown playing a 'tagging' sort of role. Having kicked 13 goals in the past 4 games (more than 3 goals a game), Brown was in for a tough time.

And he didn't disappoint. He kept Westhoff to a measly behind, and forced Westhoff to push up the ground to have any impact at all. Although a shocking loss and Brown got little of the ball, his sole objective in stopping Westhoff was a huge success, and if he gets dropped after keeping the Hoff to 1 behind, I'll be absolutely filthy.

Needs to continue to build up confidence however, as he's still a bit panicky at AFL level having not played many games. Remi fully expects him to grow in confidence and regain that top form that had us all drooling several years ago.
Brown had a great game last night, maybe showing some glimmers of why we picked him up. Was pretty good against Sydney Rd1 2007 from memory too.

Brown had a great game last night, maybe showing some glimmers of why we picked him up. Was pretty good against Sydney Rd1 2007 from memory too.

You don't need to draw that far back to praise him QS, may as well have picked a game from his U11s :p

Also guys - the boys on the Saints board are pretty adamant he's coming to them this trade period - any swirling rumours that you might know which you'd like to share with me :D

Also guys - the boys on the Saints board are pretty adamant he's coming to them this trade period - any swirling rumours that you might know which you'd like to share with me :D

The boys on the Saints board also think Cripps is pushing Gaff out of our side.

They chased him hard last off season and failed. I think given more game time that Brown will stay with the Eagles of the West Coast.

The boys on the Saints board also think Cripps is pushing Gaff out of our side.

They chased him hard last off season and failed. I think given more game time that Brown will stay with the Eagles of the West Coast.

True - they did think that someone not even cracking their 22 will apparently be enough for Parker so they aren't exactly in the right frame of mind :p
Hope so - I can't bear that thought of him there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have to wait and see what opportunities Mitch gets.
If he solidifies himself in the best 21 and consistently takes no.1/no.2 key forward, I can very much see him sticking around, further more if Glass decides to retire (which I hope he never does, love Glassy).
No doubt there is a lure for him to go Eastern states for more opportunities, but we'll have to see where the match committee has him in the pecking order. Putting him in for Schofield bodes well in my opinion that he's still rated quite highly and is a needed player at WC.

Beast Impresses WCE, set to feast on Dogs

Due to his massive effort last week, Beast has been rewarded with another game in the seniors.
Although Schofield was also an IN (and is very unlikely he will get in with NN/Wellingham in for 2 ommissions only), it appears that Beast did plenty enough and the selection committee liked what they saw as well and have kept him in the team.

Expect Beast to begin to back himself more and gain that confidence in the seniors. If he can continue to perform and play his shut down role on the no.1/2 key forward, the Shaved One might not see AFL football again unless someone happens to one of the other defenders (Emac, Glass, Hurn, Waters).

Can you call him Brownie instead of Beast :D

I would love to see Brownie get a Shoeys role and Schoey be the one taking the smalls, is agile and quick enough to man them while also being able to beat them in the air and run off them to provide an option up the ground.

Round 6 of AFL: The Beast's Biceps too Big for Dogs

Stats:
5 Kicks
5 Handballs
3 Marks
7 Tackles

Remi's Synopsis

Put in against a much younger side, Beast wasted little time in putting in some good old fashioned pressure. The Beast fused with the Glassinator and Big Sexy E-mac to become a three headed pronged monster that completely destroyed the Dogs in the air and in defense. So blistering was this monsters form that it was rare that there were fair contests, many being pitted as 2v1 or 3v2.

Beast continues to slowly gather possessions at a low rate, but it was his pressure and defensive work that heralded his game tonight. He continues to look more and more comfortable at AFL level and is most certainly excellent at wrestling with his opponent while another player such as Glass can go up 3rd man, doing the team thing by wrapping up his opponent so they have no chance for the ball.

If he does want to leave at the end of the year, he is doing us a few favours with these performances. That said, if he's playing seniors, I don't think he will want to leave.

I think the Eagles were never considering releasing Brown because he is Glass' replacement.
The best clubman award shows that the club appreciate his patience and hard work, that says alot about how much they value him.
Personally, I want him in the side for the rest of the year even if he has a few off games.

I think the Eagles were never considering releasing Brown because he is Glass' replacement.

No, absolutely not. However, Brown was the one that wanted to leave. He's out of contract this year, so if he wants to leave again, we can't stop him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back