Player Watch #1 - Jesse Hogan - traded to Freo - #fistedforever

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Players like Jesse drag their team into finals football. You build a side around them. I'm very confident with Jesse on board, we will be playing finals. But can we keep him here?? Imagine what he would have done this year with a decent midfield? And it's his first proper season! We are the worst team getting it into the F50!! Get him some decent mids please, now!!
Hopefully this is the attitude Jesse has, where he believes that success from changing sides will be hollow and that he wants to be part of the long-term transformation at Melbourne.

*Shudders

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2015-06-02/no-reasons-to-leave-melbourne-hogan

Yeah, look.... the 'at the moment' and 'at this stage' quotes in the article gave me a little shudder as well. The rest of the quotes in the article indicate a very mature young man.

My position on this is pretty simple - if we've improved to the point that we're challenging the 8 at the end of next season, and we look set for a top 8 spot in 2017, and we offer a sizable contract, I'd be confident in him staying. If we're still no good, however, we may have a problem....

Its the curse of the rising star nom as people always play s**t the next week.

Hogan had a down week, that's no worries. The marks weren't quite sticking for him but the workrate was still there. Thought the kicking to him was atrocious and Frost had an easy job of just holding Jesse in place and allowing Oxley to take an uncontested mark behind so it certainly wasn't all his fault.

Hogan had a down week, that's no worries. The marks weren't quite sticking for him but the workrate was still there. Thought the kicking to him was atrocious and Frost had an easy job of just holding Jesse in place and allowing Oxley to take an uncontested mark behind so it certainly wasn't all his fault.

Yep. Also think the guy is entitled to a bit more space. Frustrating seeing Aidan Riley standing with his opponent in the corridor when Hogan should be able to lead into that part of the ground. There are a fair few guys in the side who aren't used to playing whatever roles they're given, and the constant chopping and changing on that front wouldn't be helping either. As quiet as JKH has been in a few games this year, he worked better down forward when he was anonymous than most of the guys who've been rotating through the area since.

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2015-06-02/no-reasons-to-leave-melbourne-hogan

Yeah, look.... the 'at the moment' and 'at this stage' quotes in the article gave me a little shudder as well. The rest of the quotes in the article indicate a very mature young man.

My position on this is pretty simple - if we've improved to the point that we're challenging the 8 at the end of next season, and we look set for a top 8 spot in 2017, and we offer a sizable contract, I'd be confident in him staying. If we're still no good, however, we may have a problem....

Agree. I watched the interview and the questions from journos? were leading him, roughly asking how he can possibly see any future playing at MFC. He is clearly a smart operator, no BS, and imo sounded loyal to the D's.

Frost played a really good physical game on Hogan, which is nothing to be ashamed about. He's been remarkably consistent for a first-year player, so he had to have a quiet game at some point I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well dammit I am proud of this club and proud of the jumper and I will be proud of it until the day I die.

Hogan has ever reason to stay here - Freo's champions with the exception of Fyfe are ageing. The wheel will turn full circle.

Calling the MFC a "trash club" is worthy of Joe Dirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back