Player Watch #1 - Jesse Hogan - traded to Freo - #fistedforever

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping for another big game or two from Jesse, selfishly because I got on him for the rising star @ $8.

Cripps is probably in the lead right now, but a couple of bags could see Jesse take over.

I'm hoping for another big game or two from Jesse, selfishly because I got on him for the rising star @ $8.

Cripps is probably in the lead right now, but a couple of bags could see Jesse take over.
I unloaded on him at $4.50 because I thought he was a sure thing, then Cripps came along.
I still think Jesse is a chance and I would have preferred the $8

We get some decent weather this week and he could be in for another handful
He'll cop merrett who goes alright, he'll need to run merret off his feet. Meanwhile Dawes will probably be well beaten by someone like mitch golby.

our forward structure needs some serious improvement after last weeks debacle

He'll cop merrett who goes alright, he'll need to run merret off his feet. Meanwhile Dawes will probably be well beaten by someone like mitch golby.

our forward structure needs some serious improvement after last weeks debacle

I went to school with Mitch golby, never been more surprised to see a guy play an afl game

I feel like we need Tommy Mac in the fwd line this week. To ensure there is no repeat of the lethargy and non-competitiveness that seemed to strike the fwds last week.

Considering how crap he has been in the backline the last month I wouldn't mind it , bring fitzy in down back

I feel like we need Tommy Mac in the fwd line this week. To ensure there is no repeat of the lethargy and non-competitiveness that seemed to strike the fwds last week.

It was disappointing wasn't it - I know a lot of the kicks were to the forwards disadvantage, but they just seemed to watch when they could have impacted the contest.

It was disappointing wasn't it - I know a lot of the kicks were to the forwards disadvantage, but they just seemed to watch when they could have impacted the contest.
I'd almost be tempted to send Watts forward for the entire first half to play as a target, just to see if his improved effort translates into making more contests up front.

I'd almost be tempted to send Watts forward for the entire first half to play as a target, just to see if his improved effort translates into making more contests up front.

I think normally that would be a good idea. At the moment though I just want to leave Watts, he's playing pretty good consistently I'd rather not mess with it.

Hogan got owned by a very good defender I'd expect him to be better this week with pressure tackling etc

I think we need him around the ball - he's one of the only guys who can create meaningful chains of possessions.

I think we need him around the ball - he's one of the only guys who can create meaningful chains of possessions.

Yep
His last 5-6 weeks everytime he's had the footy he's been able to get the ball moving positively

I'm genuinely excited by his development this second half of the year he is really starting to show that pendelbury like awareness in close

Wasting time between the change of innings so I checked out Hogan's stats against the rest of the top 10 key forwards as eyeballed by me looking at season numbers. Players selected: Riewoldt x2, Kennedy, Buddy, Cameron, Walker, Roughead, Cloke, Hawkins and Jesse Hogan.

Measured stats: Disposals, marks, contested marks, marks inside 50, goals and AFL fantasy whatever points. All averages.

JH ranks in those categories 5th, 2nd, 2nd, 5th, 7th and 7th. Not bad for a first year player. He's one contested mark away from the league lead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every single player on our list should sacrifice their pay cheques for Jesse. And possibly their first borns
Except Nath

Wayne Caret said he is the most influential 1st year player he's ever seen

Provided he improves like he should we could have our best ever forward
To be fair Carey is the same bloke who said Sam Mitchell wouldn't get a game at any other team other than Hawthorn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back