Daniel McL

Brownlow Medallist
May 21, 2014
ACT
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Sydney Sixers
Tomorrow will mark a year since Phillip Hughes was hit on the head by a bouncer while playing Cricket. The 27th of Nov will mark a year since he tragically passed away.

I am in the middle of reading Phillip's biography & it is a beautiful read. We all know the ending but finding out more about Phillip (who I never had the pleasure of meeting) & just what an incredible talent he was but he was just as incredible a person.

Just wanted to create this thread to show Phillip if he is up there somewhere that I am still thinking of him & will never forget him & the mark he made on the sport & Australia & around the world.

People can post their sympathies to his family here if they want, or perhaps a certain memory that has always stuck in their mind of Phillip whether it was a particular innings he played or perhaps when they met him, etc. Just whatever comes to mind.

Rest in Peace Phillip Hughes.
Watch over us mate.

a solemn occasion, and as smith said he's always in the back of their minds (hope not in the forefront given they should concentrate on the game at hand).

do hope there's no repeat of tributes done last year (warner kissing the ground, followed by clarke looking to the sky/clouds, and finally smith walking over to 408, pointing at it, and then looking to the sky). that was raw emotion, dem feels.

its good to see that bowlers have reverted back to aggressive, short pitched deliveries as part of their arsenal since the tragic event. to refrain from doing what's natural is not what phil would've wanted.

play hard, play to win. it's what phil hughes would've wanted.

People can post their sympathies to his family here if they want,

Dear Phils family,

I know you are avid readers of the bigfooty cricket board. Just wanted to let you know I am sorry about your son

Regards

Mancey

Dear Phils family,

I know you are avid readers of the bigfooty cricket board. Just wanted to let you know I am sorry about your son

Regards

Mancey

Dear Mancey,

Thank you for your kind words at this hard time for our family.

Regards,

Phil's Mum, Swamp

Remove this Banner Ad

Back