Past #10: Ben Cunnington - will retire from the AFL after * game - 238 games/95+ goals/2x Syd Barker Medalist/Shinboner - thanks for everything Cunners

As others have said, first half was back to 2014 standards but disappeared in the 2nd half. I don't think the "real Ben" is really back (just yet) as the thread title alludes. Still a backwards year for me

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Spitter9

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool
I think we are seeing a much more consistent Ben this year. Last year his best was better than what he is producing this year, but he had quite a few games when swallow came back into the team were he had no impact at all. This year he has closed the gap between his best and his worst IMO and producing more consistent performances.

I think we are seeing a much more consistent Ben this year. Last year his best was better than what he is producing this year, but he had quite a few games when swallow came back into the team were he had no impact at all. This year he has closed the gap between his best and his worst IMO and producing more consistent performances.
TzEUSHs.gif

Thewlis Dish

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 9, 2003
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
FGR
It felt like a lot of his sub-20 games last year were more influential than a lot of his 20+ games this year (ie - Hawthorn last year).

I have had the impression he was exerting more influence with his possies last year as well. That may be simply because we were a better team then but I tend to think we were better because of the damage he did with his possessions.

More possessions in 2015 but unfortunately far less impact on the game this year.

His season last year was outstanding, he's gone backwards a bit this year,as have most of his team mates.

Roo Beauty

Norm Smith Medallist
May 16, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
How the * did Goldstein and Bartel get the same amount of votes???

Goldy dominated and Bartel's possessions had no influence on the game.

Roo Beauty

Norm Smith Medallist
May 16, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
On a related note, Goldy is equal 6th with 52 votes on the AFLCA Leaderboard.

Amazingly, Priddis is 7th with 50 votes, and doubling him is Fyfe, 1st with 100! And Fyfe is 25 votes in front of 2nd. * he's good.

Roo Beauty

Norm Smith Medallist
May 16, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Chris Scott is a moron. He gave Bews votes in the game at Skilled.

Probably a bigger moron than his brother.
This is how the coaches saw it:

One Scott: 5 Cunnington, 4 Goldstein, 3 Bartel, 2 Higgins, 1 Atley.

The other Scott: 5 Cunnington, 4 Bartel, 3 Goldstein, 2 Higgins, 1 Atley.

My guess is Chris is the latter. No Geelong player really deserved any votes, so they're both morons.

Daz

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Neither had an impact there on Saturday but I love that with Dal back we're playing Jack and Cunners deep forward quite a bit.

Back