Past #10: Ben Cunnington - will retire from the AFL after * game - 238 games/95+ goals/2x Syd Barker Medalist/Shinboner - thanks for everything Cunners

Remove this Banner Ad

So the AFL players voted and a TOP 50 was compiled. They are down to the final 10 and Cunners didn't make 11-50.

I'd be very happy for the fella if he gets top 10 (which he arguably deserves) but I can't see it happening.

So if he doesn't poll in the top 50 as voted by the players themselves what does that say?

So the AFL players voted and a TOP 50 was compiled. They are down to the final 10 and Cunners didn't make 11-50.

I'd be very happy for the fella if he gets top 10 (which he arguably deserves) but I can't see it happening.

So if he doesn't poll in the top 50 as voted by the players themselves what does that say?
The players are idiots?

Having only one player from a top 4 team in the top 50 voted by the players, and a 37 year old no less, is either a sign that we are so even across the board which makes us a better team, or evidence that we don't have enough star players to progress, depending on which way you look at it.

Having only one player from a top 4 team in the top 50 voted by the players, and a 37 year old no less, is either a sign that we are so even across the board which makes us a better team, or evidence that we don't have enough star players to progress, depending on which way you look at it.

Or perhaps it's the fact that players themselves aren't the best judges of opposition players, so they get most of their opinions from the media / publicity.

I haven't seen the list - where is Priddis? If he's top 10, then the players would seem to be influenced by awards.

Or perhaps it's the fact that players themselves aren't the best judges of opposition players, so they get most of their opinions from the media / publicity.

I haven't seen the list - where is Priddis? If he's top 10, then the players would seem to be influenced by awards.

Priddis is at 14.

I can't be that generous as to think the former. They are saying we still lack big names.

I'm hoping Cunners will get 10.
60187009.jpg

Just another media list which I imagine the players wouldn't be spending much time thinking about. Even the AA team has a bit of the popularity reality TV feel about it. Just another offseason PR exercise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a really good chat with Ben at the player sponsors meet and greet tonight.
He's chomping at the bit to get stuck into the real stuff and was quite animated talking about Waite joining the club. Reckons that Jarrad is fantastic on the lead.
Great night by the club, running through some footage of stoppage structures in the theatre. Gave me as a footy idiot a better idea of what they're trying to do out there!

Had a really good chat with Ben at the player sponsors meet and greet tonight.
He's chomping at the bit to get stuck into the real stuff and was quite animated talking about Waite joining the club. Reckons that Jarrad is fantastic on the lead.
Great night by the club, running through some footage of stoppage structures in the theatre. Gave me as a footy idiot a better idea of what they're trying to do out there!

Did he recognise you this time, mate? :D

Just a pity that no one important cares that Roos has been proven wrong.
Honestly, who gives a * about showing he was wrong about that.

Instead of caring about his opinion, laugh at the poor bastard for being a faux messiah. He's had a weird kind of aura around him, created by his media mates, indicating he was some kind of coaching legend after a single premiership. His inability to turn footballs Titanic around is showing him up, and tarnishing that aura.

Good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back