Society & Culture 10 Biggest Lies in History

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL, that's nothing unusual in medicine, a lot of diagnoses are made without any specific lab tests. I don't understand how this makes it a sham?
Diagnoses may well be made without specific lab tests. You are claiming much more than that wrt SSRIs, though. You are suggesting that a) subjective feelings of melancholy (etc) are sufficient to determine the 'deficiency' of a physical thing within the brain, and b) SSRIs can and do 'fix' this physical problem.

With no physical proof found to support that theory. Ever.
I assume neither of you believe in painkillers either? Seeing as there is no test for pain.
The efficacy of non-steroidal anti-inflamatory drugs etc can be proven and has been proven.

Comparing these to SSRIs is like comparing apples to popsicle sticks.

That said, I personally do not take pain relief medication and do not keep it in my house.

I don't think it is necessary if one takes basic, good care of themselves.
So next time you have a bit of an ear ache or tonsillitis, I assume you won't be going to see your GP.
Antibiotics kill microorganisms in a human body that we can actually see. Their efficacy is empirically, physically verifiable. The complete opposite of SSRIs.

Would you be willing to provide some sources for these claims?

One only needs to open their eyes.

Unfortunately people are so scared that they will believe what the medical journals tell them. This is a multi billion dollar industry and it is well protected.

This is why I believe this is the #1 lie. It is the one lie people can't simply be told is a lie. They're so conditioned to believe it.

THERE IS NO CURE!!!!

Diagnoses may well be made without specific lab tests. You are claiming much more than that wrt SSRIs, though. You are suggesting that a) subjective feelings of melancholy (etc) are sufficient to determine the 'deficiency' of a physical thing

Of course they are, the doctor usually relies on a subjective report from the patient for all manner of ailments . . . this is standard practice. o_O

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice selective quoting.

Okay how's this?

You are suggesting that a) subjective feelings of melancholy (etc) are sufficient to determine the 'deficiency' of a physical thing within the brain

Of course they are, the doctor usually relies on a subjective report from the patient for all manner of ailments . . . this is standard practice. o_O

Of course they are, the doctor usually relies on a subjective report from the patient for all manner of ailments . . . this is standard practice.
And how often do they do this, and then prescribe medications whose physical effects also cannot be empirically measured in the subject? Give me some examples, let's see how the prescription of SSRIs compares...

And how often do they do this, and then prescribe medications whose physical effects also cannot be empirically measured in the subject?

Do you mean measuring serotonin in the brain? A build-up of serotonin is easily measured, an fMRI detects build-up of it . . . low serotonin has been linked to depression, and interestingly, too much serotonin in the pre-frontal cortex is associated with suicidality, or in particular the narrowing of perceived options that brings it on.

Do you mean measuring serotonin in the brain? A build-up of serotonin is easily measured, an fMRI detects build-up of it . . . low serotonin has been linked to depression, and interestingly, too much serotonin in the pre-frontal cortex is associated with suicidality, or in particular the narrowing of perceived options that brings it on.
fMRI works on iron (actually I think it's just oxy/deoxy have different magnetic properties) in haemoglobin so it couldn't detect serotonin, from what I've learnt anyway. I wouldn't say fMRI was easy as well :p

fMRI works on iron (actually I think it's just oxy/deoxy have different magnetic properties) in haemoglobin so it couldn't detect serotonin, from what I've learnt anyway. I wouldn't say fMRI was easy as well :p

It's not directly observed or detected, the fMRI is useful because activity in certain areas is strongly linked to certain neurons.

PET/fMRI Study Demonstrates That Number of Serotonin Receptors Influences Brain's Response to Fear and Stress
http://interactive.snm.org/index.cfm?PageID=4596

It's not directly observed or detected, the fMRI is useful because activity in certain areas is strongly linked to certain neurons.

PET/fMRI Study Demonstrates That Number of Serotonin Receptors Influences Brain's Response to Fear and Stress
http://interactive.snm.org/index.cfm?PageID=4596
Can tell you now that there's no chance in hell I'd want to have a PET scan to observe my serotonin levels. Plus that shows the number of receptors not the level of serotonin, now if that's related I wouldn't have a clue so I won't comment there.

Really hijacked your thread here GG.

10150641_10152277883455139_982508121_n.jpg

So thats a no than?

So thats a no than?

give someone some fake pain killers for pain, dont tell them its fake.See what happens. Give someone some real anti depressants for depression.Guaranteed if they're not then reetarded, they're more depressed.

The efficacy of non-steroidal anti-inflamatory drugs etc can be proven and has been proven.

Comparing these to SSRIs is like comparing apples to popsicle sticks.

That said, I personally do not take pain relief medication and do not keep it in my house.

I don't think it is necessary if one takes basic, good care of themselves.

You wouldn't take an endone if you broke your arm?

give someone some fake pain killers for pain, dont tell them its fake.See what happens. Give someone some real anti depressants for depression.Guaranteed if they're not then reetarded, they're more depressed.

Yeah you can't make one of your hypotheticals open ended and answer the other one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back