DSC00951_1.JPG

Photo taken by [name]Old_Dog[/name]

Games - 15
Goals - 1
Best and Fairest - Outside top 10

Date of Birth - 4th September 1989
Recruited Pick 43 2007 draft.
Height/Weight: 185cm, 82kg
Dreamteam Price: 721 points; $189,300 (-$9,600)
Supercoach: 778 points; $264,700 (+9,000)

Stats history: Easton Wood (AFL Tables)

A great preseason had many supporters anticipating what Wood could bring to the table this season which saw him start from round 1. Those feelings were soon evaporated however seeing Wood leave the field in round 1 with a broken ankle.

Wood returned in round 9 and played all of the remaining games bar 1 cementing his place as part of the western bulldogs starting back 6 in years to come. His versatile nature of being able to play both tall and small and defensive and offensive makes him an important asset moving forward.

Some things that Wood needs to improve on for next season are his decision making and disposal under pressure as if he improve these to go with his ariel abilities, strength and run he has the ability to turn into a very damaging half back flanker in 2012.

Notable Games:

Round 18 - vs Sydney: 11 posessions and 3 marks in a very good defensive display.

Round 16 - vs Carlton: 17 posessions 7 marks and6 tackles in a good team performance.

Re: #29 Easton Wood

#10 now

Wood had a solid year this year outside of the Essendon match; Just a little bit hotheaded out there and Davey got to benefit from that.

Wood had a solid year this year outside of the Essendon match; Just a little bit hotheaded out there and Davey got to benefit from that.

Didn't think there was much in that. The little s**t took a dive.

Just noticed something pretty funny in a couple of videos.

The woman interviewing Woody here:
http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/bulldogs tv/tabid/8663/default.aspx#playvideo

Is the same woman who asks Gia about who has the biggest biceps in the team, and when he says Minson, she specifically asks about Wood :p:
[youtube]cDLhaoQ1ScQ&list=PLE9AC79E4CAA6B9B9&index=4&feature=plpp_video[/youtube]

I reckon she is pretty happy to be interviewing young Easton here :D

Got a big surprise today in the mail.

Easton Wood wrote me a personalised card thanking
Me for my service in the Navy after my cousin told him about me.
I'm pretty wrapped as he wrote a decent paragraph and got a heap of the team to sign it also.

What a great gesture. I think he may have earnt his number on the back
Of my next guernsey!

Just want to say how good it is to have Wood come back in the side. is a article on the western bulldogs website about him coming back from injury.
With Goodes and JJ out, and even Higgins out, Wood has 4 games now to cement his spot in the team. These next 4 games are crucial to a lot of fringe players, but to me Wood is one of our most talented players. Needs to be able to stay on the park. What he brings is amazing, and I get excited thinking about him and JJ running off half back.
Very excited to see him play tomorrow. We have a few look alikes out on the field tomorrow. When Wood gets the ball, especially when he had long hair, I use to get confused with Griffen.
Very curious to see if he goes with Walker as that would be a good match up, but might be a bit much for him, for his first game back from injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't know who's responsible for Wood's dog tag but there's an article up on the AFL site with Easton declaring he wants to remain a Dog for life.
Pretty heartening to hear that. He's been a bit of a whipping boy of late but at various stages of his career so far he's shown a lot among some average performances, so I hope he can push on and be really successful. Ripper bloke too.
No text on the article, but I'll keep my eye on it.

"Without a doubt I’d love to [stay at the Bulldogs and be a one-club player]," Wood said.

"My focus at the moment is to play consistent footy. Last year I was injured a lot, so I'm sure I'd like to get a few more games under my belt, and the club would like to see that as well, to see that I can be reliable."

It's a bit strange he's having to be our 3rd defender when he would be much better running off half-back. He is a bit of a scapegoat for us but I still hold hope for him if he stays injury free. He looked so composed on debut against West Coast, it's been a shame he's never really got a decent run of games going

It's a bit strange he's having to be our 3rd defender when he would be much better running off half-back. He is a bit of a scapegoat for us but I still hold hope for him if he stays injury free. He looked so composed on debut against West Coast, it's been a shame he's never really got a decent run of games going
Think they are trying to develop that side of his game so it can become a more dangerous defender since he can play tall and still run of half back.

I like Wood, still have a signed guernsey from him (old though, he wore #29 in those days).

But he's hard to defend sometimes. And most on here would know I can argue about Dogs players until the cows come home, especially with opposition supporters.

Has been utterly superb for us this year. Could be leading the B&F - and it would be well deserved too. Very happy to say I was wrong on Easton.

Libba out in front followed by Macrae, Wood and Dahlhaus (not neccesarily in that order) for mine.

Libba out in front followed by Macrae, Wood and Dahlhaus (not neccesarily in that order) for mine.
Sounds about right in terms of the names that should be up there. Morris and Higgins are two others that I'd say would feature. Crameri may have dropped off a little but he'd still be around the mark I'd say.

Wood's pretty much a guarantee for most improved player though, I'd suggest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back