Opinion 10 most over rated current players

Remove this Banner Ad

in no particular order
Gibbs - Few rate Gibbs these days...
Ziebell - Injuries have held him back, potentially a gun
Martin - Agree
Maxwell - People rate Maxwell??
Stanton - Booooooooo, gun outside runner but always going to struggle when the dons are under the pump
Goddard - You wouldn't have had BJ in your list until the off season.. LOL
Scully - Agree, not sure that he is rated at all anymore
M.Brown - Who?
Brennan - Best is very good, worst is horrible...
Rioli Overrated in the media perhaps, vastly underrated on Bigfooty

my 2 cents on your selections

I reckon Tippett is over-rated for all of the hype he gets (even though he nearly dragged adelaide to a GF)

He also arguably cost them a GF by letting LRT give him an absolute bath in the qualifying final.

my 2 cents on your selections
My 2 cents on your 2 cents
Gibbs- we agree on
Ziebell- yeah had an injury or 2 but he can't run out a game should be at Dangerfields level by now
Martin- we agree
Maxwell- someone rated him not sure who but he's the captain of Collingwood
Stanton- we agree
Goddard- saints player or not 2 great seasons out of 10 not good enough, hates a hard ball
Scully- we agree
Mitch Brown- plays for west coast and they wanted pick 2 or something ridiculous like that in this years draft for him, even though he can't get a game
Brennan- we agree
Rioli- dropped off the last 2 years had injuries and a lot more attention from opposition but an avg 15 touches a game with more time in the midfield i believe he can and should be better

Gibbs- we agree on
Ziebell- yeah had an injury or 2 but he can't run out a game should be at Dangerfields level by now
Martin- we agree
Stanton- we agree
Goddard- saints player or not 2 great seasons out of 10 not good enough, hates a hard ball
Scully- we agree
Mitch Brown- plays for west coast and they wanted pick 2 or something ridiculous like that in this years draft for him, even though he can't get a game
Brennan- we agree
Rioli- dropped off the last 2 years had injuries and a lot more attention from opposition but an avg 15 touches a game with more time in the midfield i believe he can and should be better

3rd in the AFL for Assists (2 leaders would both be full time mids?)
16th in the AFL for Tackles (would be 1st of the forwards)
17th in total goals

Should watch Rioli more as he hasn't had more than the odd run in the midfield since suffering the hamstring injuries through the early mid 2011 season.

So in other words you misinterpreted the concept of the thread.

Fair enough, we all make mistakes.

So in other words you've misunderstood the concept of the quote button and now you're acting like an arrogant tool when you're actually in the wrong.

Fair enough, we all make mistakes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How can he be overrated when according to you few rate him now anyway?

You utter tool bag... Gibbs was not on my list... I was commenting on someone elses list..

Gibbs was vastly overrated as a youngster hence the number 1 pick but these days he is just borderline top 100 in the comp not really rated by anyone other than Carlton supporters desparately clinging onto the fact that he might become something better than a half back distributor with a fear for body contact.

Gibbs- we agree on
Martin- we agree
Stanton- we agree
Scully- we agree
Brennan- we agree

Has he? He played 23 games this year and 19 games in 2011. He's never played less than 19 games in a season. That's a pretty durable player, not someone who's injury-prone.

3rd in the AFL for Assists (2 leaders would both be full time mids?)
16th in the AFL for Tackles (would be 1st of the forwards)
17th in total goals

Should watch Rioli more as he hasn't had more than the odd run in the midfield since suffering the hamstring injuries through the early mid 2011 season.
Yeah you've got me, he avg over 5 tackles a game, kicked 39 goals to with an avg of 1.1 goal assists but i've started digging this hole for myself so i have to keep going. All i've got now is he doesn't play for the team i follow so ummmmmm thats it he is over rated.
9 out of the 10 i'm happy with

In no order:
Brendan Goddard, Cyril Rioli, Kurt Tippet, Shaun Higgins, Dustin Fletcher, Joel Selwood

add that James Hird & Mark Thompson are easily the most overrated coaches in the AFL, with Brendan McCartney the most UNDERrated

In no order:
Brendan Goddard, Cyril Rioli, Kurt Tippet, Shaun Higgins, Dustin Fletcher, Joel Selwood

add that James Hird & Mark Thompson are easily the most overrated coaches in the AFL, with Brendan McCartney the most UNDERrated

Interested as to why you think Fletcher is overrated? Who rates Hird as a coach?

Typo in your above post.... It's Dustin M-a-r-t-i-n

Dustin Martin?? has played 3 seasons of AFL footy .. He is under rated if anything, future star once he gets his head right & trims down a few kg (which he looks like he has done this pre season)

has been the best performed out of the class of 2009 draft so far .. some may argue Fyfe, which is valid but Fyfe has been injured & has not had the same output as Dustin

Remove this Banner Ad

Back