Opinion 10 most over rated current players

Remove this Banner Ad

Is 700k overs for BJ though? He's a top 40 player in the AFL at least and possibly top 30, I'd pay a top 30 player in the AFL 700k
It was more that he got more than the Saints would pay him. Same with NDS, Buddy and Daisy. FA is fraught with danger by giving players big contracts.

Agree essendons investment looks like a very good one where as the Swans and Blues both went after the wrong players. Tippett could carry the swans forward line and blues need a re build - not a 700k player that has shown he is not worth half of that.

It was more that he got more than the Saints would pay him. Same with NDS, Buddy and Daisy. FA is fraught with danger by giving players big contracts.

Agree essendons investment looks like a very good one where as the Swans and Blues both went after the wrong players. Tippett could carry the swans forward line and blues need a re build - not a 700k player that has shown he is not worth half of that.
Saints were offering 450k. 450k in a s**t team vs 700k in a team that will hopefully be challenging in a couple of years? Tough decision

Saints were offering 450k. 450k in a s**t team vs 700k in a team that will hopefully be challenging in a couple of years? Tough decision

I think BJ going helped us with NDS. One last roll of the dice to get what they were both so close too. Goddard is no doubt a massive win. Early on with NDS but I would not change a thing.

Would the Swans and Blues supporters same the same thing?? I highly doubt it.

I think the blow torch should go onto the players that left for big money and early signs that they have been paid overs.

Buddy and Daisy would be having the pressure build by the week. They can both turn it around but as it stands the blues and swans over rated these 2.
To be fair to buddy tho, 2 of his 4 games has been in shocking conditions for key forwards.

To be fair to buddy tho, 2 of his 4 games has been in shocking conditions for key forwards.
I think it is bigger than his early form. I think he will come good but - the money, the length of contract and the loss of COLA won't be worth it unless you get a flag out of it.

You have time but this could be a massive bust.

Would the Swans and Blues supporters same the same thing?? I highly doubt it.

Who else will the Blues be spending their money on? Seriously? Gibbs is gone already and the list is woefully exposed. I wouldn't be surprised if ten of them are moved on at the end of the year. There'll be cash to go around, don't worry about that.

We saved $500k on Betts, so the outlay on Daisy isn't too bad. In an ideal world, you'd take Goddard over Daisy every time, but that ship had sailed. 16 other clubs out there, all wanting a slice, so sometimes you have to grab who you can. If there's a loser out of the deal so far, it's Daisy. Chances are the rebuild will take so long, he may not see the end of it.

Who else will the Blues be spending their money on? Seriously? Gibbs is gone already and the list is woefully exposed. I wouldn't be surprised if ten of them are moved on at the end of the year. There'll be cash to go around, don't worry about that.

We saved $500k on Betts, so the outlay on Daisy isn't too bad. In an ideal world, you'd take Goddard over Daisy every time, but that ship had sailed. 16 other clubs out there, all wanting a slice, so sometimes you have to grab who you can. If there's a loser out of the deal so far, it's Daisy. Chances are the rebuild will take so long, he may not see the end of it.
Frawley at the end if this year. Only an extra 100k and Henderson could stay forward. Or go after a GWS young forward with a massive offer. I just don't see you getting 700k of value from Daisey.

I don't think we will either, but we're not getting $9 million value out of the rest of the list so it doesn't really matter. And Frawley isn't worth anywhere near $800k, although by free agency standards he'll get it. I think with Waite, Judd and Gibbs gone next year, we can have a swing at a GWS forward and a couple of other smaller fish.

Daisy's a big gamble and in all honesty a poor one, but not on the same scale as Sydney. If Buddy/Tippett blow up but tie up 20+% of their cap (and have already lost them the COLA), then that's going to really hurt the Swans' chances to rebuild effectively.

Eight marks inside 50 is poor defence in any circumstance.
He is so far in front of Hurley it is embarrassing you raising it in this thread. I thought Hurley was meant to be a good kick. That turn over and goal was disgusting. If he goes to Cloke lock Trav in for the Anzac Day medal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is so far in front of Hurley it is embarrassing you raising it in this thread. I thought Hurley was meant to be a good kick. That turn over and goal was disgusting. If he goes to Cloke lock Trav in for the Anzac Day medal.
Thompson is in front of Hurley but I think you picked the wrong round to illustrate it. Thompson was terrible. Hurley turns it over occasionally but it's rarely while kicking across the face so that it can easily result in a goal - it's usually a kick that's difficult but very damaging if it comes off. That kick was an exception - it wasn't even daring. Completely uncharacteristic. One moment in third quarter of a round five game does not define his ability. I would confidently wager that Cloke will take fewer than 8 marks inside 50 if Hurley plays on him (though Hooker will probably get him).

Thompson is in front of Hurley but I think you picked the wrong round to illustrate it. Thompson was terrible. Hurley turns it over occasionally but it's rarely while kicking across the face so that it can easily result in a goal - it's usually a kick that's difficult but very damaging if it comes off. That kick was an exception - it wasn't even daring. Completely uncharacteristic. One moment in third quarter of a round five game does not define his ability. I would confidently wager that Cloke will take fewer than 8 marks inside 50 if Hurley plays on him (though Hooker will probably get him).
And I would wager Roo won't kick 5 on Thompson. Hurley was a huge reason you lost tonight.

So they were both terrible. This round is not proof that Thompson > Hurley, even though that is the case currently. Your attempt to figuratively kick me when I'm down isn't working given the circumstances.
No his AA, B&F and so far 19 coaches votes to nil is the proof.

There is a massive difference losing to the Pies and Saints.

Pretty sure we were offering closer to 600k
Not what I heard. There was a 200k-250k difference between offers according to twitter the day he signed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back