Opinion 10 most over rated current players

Remove this Banner Ad

Black, Thomas and Zaharakis have played every possible game this year. Both Black and Thomas especially have been hugely disappointing... in fact, you had Thomas listed before as a player who is putting a dent in his career in 2014 so injuries or not you must agree. Black is harsh but other young players have been called overrated after 1 good season so why should he escape criticism?

I wouldn't care if anyone listed Daniher as overrated. Majak Daw was being called overrated after just a AFL few games... and deservedly so. Again, maybe they'll turn into great players but we are talking currently here.

Zaharakis is a good solid B-grader but a lot of people expected him to have taken the next step by now. He still has games where his impact is nill and his defensive running leaves a lot to be desired. His best is very good but too often he doesn't play to that level. I've seen neutrals as recently as a week ago saying they'd prefer him over Heppell... based on that he is overrated.

Black was receiving a lot of praise for his season last year but hasn't backed it up.

This thread is full of ess supporters giving Hurley an injury free pass and he played a lot of games. Not sure why he gets an excuse and others don't. The old dons double standards!!

This thread is full of ess supporters giving Hurley an injury free pass and he played a lot of games. Not sure why he gets an excuse and others don't. The old dons double standards!!
That's a pissweak argument. Why should something I said have any bearing on what Jobe's said?

Most ess posters on here give him the injury excuse. Would you like a list of posters?
That is the worst deflection I have ever seen.

At the current moment? I could probably name two or three..

Kurt Tippett - with or without him Sydney are fine; brings nothing to the table, spends most of the season out rather than in.
Dale Thomas - was good at Collingwood, but has struggled in the later years, probably more due to his ankle issues.
Chris Judd - don't get me wrong, this guy was a great player, but now not so much.. Overrated I reckon.

Either way, that's just my opinion lol..

Deflection? You are not the only ess poster to use the injury excuse as to why Hurley has been disappointing and the reason he gets the most nominations in this thread. Its funny how he gets a pass yet other players don't.
So if another North poster uses the 2 broken legs excuse for Ziebell it means you're a hypocrite for using Hurley? Anyway, I'll do a club by club one:

Adelaide: hmm. I think Dangerfield is a tad overrated, he's a gun no doubt but he wins quarters, not matches (yet). This is probably my most controversial call.
Brisbane: tough one. Clarke, maybe, don't think he'll be an A-Grade CHB, B-Grade though, probably.
Carlton: Yarran easily. He's improved this season, no doubt, but still overrated.
Collingwood: Grundy, gives away way too many soft ruck infringement free kicks.
Essendon: externally, no idea, but internally it's Alex Browne. A couple of half decent games at AFL level and he's a good to very good player.
Fremantle: nobody springs to mind. Very even and well rated group.
Geelong: Caddy. People might say it's just bitterness for not getting him but he just doesn't exceed at anything
Gold Coast: Day. He needs an extra something to make him that gun we know he can be.
GWS: Frost. Don't rate him at all.
Hawthorn: Hill. He's a good runner, and a good young player but my god, his kicking is so overrated.
Melbourne: Hogan. He hasn't played a bloody game, let's wait until he's actually done that, yeah?
North Melbourne: Petrie. A little bit of a flat track bully.
Port Adelaide: another one I rate pretty even with everybody else.
Richmond: Cotchin. King of the useless 1-2 that gets the team nowhere.
St. Kilda: Gilbert. 1 million over 3 years which means they can't afford Goddard? Smart move saints.
Sydney: Nick Smith. Another controversial one, but he's become so underrated in most peoples eyes that he's overrated.
West Coast: McGovern. Talented, yes, but not the second coming.
Western Bulldogs: Crameri. Averaging less than 1 goal/game against top 8 sides from 2012-14.

So if another North poster uses the 2 broken legs excuse for Ziebell it means you're a hypocrite for using Hurley? Anyway, I'll do a club by club one:

Adelaide: hmm. I think Dangerfield is a tad overrated, he's a gun no doubt but he wins quarters, not matches (yet). This is probably my most controversial call.
Brisbane: tough one. Clarke, maybe, don't think he'll be an A-Grade CHB, B-Grade though, probably.
Carlton: Yarran easily. He's improved this season, no doubt, but still overrated.
Collingwood: Grundy, gives away way too many soft ruck infringement free kicks.
Essendon: externally, no idea, but internally it's Alex Browne. A couple of half decent games at AFL level and he's a good to very good player.
Fremantle: nobody springs to mind. Very even and well rated group.
Geelong: Caddy. People might say it's just bitterness for not getting him but he just doesn't exceed at anything
Gold Coast: Day. He needs an extra something to make him that gun we know he can be.
GWS: Frost. Don't rate him at all.
Hawthorn: Hill. He's a good runner, and a good young player but my god, his kicking is so overrated.
Melbourne: Hogan. He hasn't played a bloody game, let's wait until he's actually done that, yeah?
North Melbourne: Petrie. A little bit of a flat track bully.
Port Adelaide: another one I rate pretty even with everybody else.
Richmond: Cotchin. King of the useless 1-2 that gets the team nowhere.
St. Kilda: Gilbert. 1 million over 3 years which means they can't afford Goddard? Smart move saints.
Sydney: Nick Smith. Another controversial one, but he's become so underrated in most peoples eyes that he's overrated.
West Coast: McGovern. Talented, yes, but not the second coming.
Western Bulldogs: Crameri. Averaging less than 1 goal/game against top 8 sides from 2012-14.
Who is Clarke? Crameri was a gun before walking out - apparently.

Clarke's getting a bit of a mention among a pretty impressive crop at Brisbane, can see where he's coming from.

To be fair to him, he's always said the same about Crameri (plenty of others haven't, obviously) it's just intensified now that we're paying him $450k a year.

Justin Clarke, #42. Not according to me, I've been on his case for a long time. 19 goals from 18 games at Essendon vs finals sides, and 10 from 10 this season. Apologies, hadn't calculated against current top 8.
Clarke's getting a bit of a mention among a pretty impressive crop at Brisbane, can see where he's coming from.

To be fair to him, he's always said the same about Crameri (plenty of others haven't, obviously) it's just intensified now that we're paying him $450k a year.
Actually it hasn't, I just post outside our board more often now :p.

Justin Clarke, #42. Not according to me, I've been on his case for a long time. 19 goals from 18 games at Essendon vs finals sides, and 10 from 10 this season. Apologies, hadn't calculated against current top 8.

Actually it hasn't, I just post outside our board more often now :p.
So who rates him to be over rated?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not true - he like most went after him when he left. You can check posting history. He has put a bit of mayo on it if he said he was a critic early.

Not true - he like most went after him when he left. You can check posting history. He has put a bit of mayo on it if he said he was a critic early.
Ask any Essendon fan how long I've criticised him. Go on.

paddy love, Donakebab can either of you please inform him how long I've been criticising Crameri for? For some reason he doesn't believe me

Ist he rated that much?

And btw. he is only averaging 1,7 goal/game in that period. And logic tells me most player kicked less goals against top sides, so not a that surprising stat...

You stick the boot in Crameri more than KA does Hurley and have done so for years. Wouldn't be surprised if you sent him hatemail.
I don't hate the bloke, just violently don't rate him.
Ist he rated that much?

And btw. he is only averaging 1,7 goal/game in that period. And logic tells me most player kicked less goals against top sides, so not a that surprising stat...
29 goals in 28 games vs top 8 sides at 1.04 goals/game
66 goals in 27 goals vs bottom 10 sides at 2.44 goals/game

That's more than double.

29 goals in 28 games vs top 8 sides at 1.04 goals/game
66 goals in 27 goals vs bottom 10 sides at 2.44 goals/game

That's more than double.
Well yes, not sure what the average stat for this is. Franklin and Pav look like it is pretty even, while Schulz and Pertie have kicked most their bags agaist lower sides in recent history from memory. Not sure about others, just had a quick look at some stats...

Well yes, not sure what the average stat for this is. Franklin and Pav look like it is pretty even, while Schulz and Pertie have kicked most their bags agaist lower sides in recent history from memory. Not sure about others, just had a quick look at some stats...
I'm pretty sure it's the lowest of players who've kicked 30 goals or more over the past 3 years.

You stick the boot in Crameri more than KA does Hurley and have done so for years. Wouldn't be surprised if you sent him hatemail.
What a load of crap - there is a whole thread on Crameri on your board. He says nothing negative until he left. Actually he rated Crameri a better player than Gunsten.

But I will bring up my Hurley posts if you want to compare with Eths post about Crameri - pre trade.

What a load of crap - there is a whole thread on Crameri on your board. He says nothing negative until he left. Actually he rated Crameri a better player than Gunsten.

But I will bring up my Hurley posts if you want to compare with Eths post about Crameri - pre trade.
Funny how my criticism of him in his player thread coincided when the player threads got moved onto the main part of the Essendon board, instead of all in the preview threads...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back