Opinion 10 most under rated current players

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh, my bad. 4th place and not third like i said. Semantics really.

As for "the final", do they count Brownlow votes in the finals too?
No but it worth a lot more than keeping a Melbourne or St kilda to a low score during the year. No use having a good defence in the home and away and then watch a team kick 12 goals in a half when it counts.

No but it worth a lot more than keeping a Melbourne or St kilda to a low score during the year. No use having a good defence in the home and away and then watch a team kick 12 goals in a half when it counts.

At least we turned up for a half

*looks at Richmond, laughs

looks, Wild Bill. You can go on about yourself all you want. This is about the 10 most under rated players. Yes, Essendon players were brought up for good reason. You can discount how they got the statistic that way but you simply cannot discount it.

Is Jason Gillespies 200 worthless because it was against Bangladesh. Maybe but the bloke still went out and got them.

looks, Wild Bill. You can go on about yourself all you want. This is about the 10 most under rated players. Yes, Essendon players were brought up for good reason. You can discount how they got the statistic that way but you simply cannot discount it.

Is Jason Gillespies 200 worthless because it was against Bangladesh. Maybe but the bloke still went out and got them.
Ok I will go:

Armitage
Duffield
Duncan
Ebert
Nick Smith
Jaensche
Baguley
Hansen
Dale Morris
Tuohy

Again. These scores have less to do with the quality of your defenders, and more to do with the fact you play keepy off without going anywhere.
I wouldn't call our defense outstanding but it's certainly well above-average, even with a chip-around playstyle that we employed for a fair portion of the year. Having an All-Australian in your backline sure helps.

Hooker, Talia and Rance - the three best tall defenders in the game in 2014. All very deserving of their places in the All-Australian team.

I wouldn't call our defense outstanding but it's certainly well above-average, even with a chip-around playstyle that we employed for a fair portion of the year. Having an All-Australian in your backline sure helps.

Hooker, Talia and Rance - the three best tall defenders in the game in 2014. All very deserving of their places in the All-Australian team.
I don't mind elements of Essendons back line (Baguley, Hooker, Hibberd), but the claim i was against was that Fletcher was underrated because he's still best 22 in one of the best defences in the league.

Baguley should be the one Bombers pump up as being underated in terms of backline players. Not Fletcher

Mackenzie from WCE?

Again. These scores have less to do with the quality of your defenders, and more to do with the fact you play keepy off without going anywhere. You averaged the second most touches of any team, and were clearly first in marks per game. Teams are happy to let you soak up time like that because you aren't hurting anyone, even if it does deflate the scores.

Did you watch any of our games in the second half of the year. We didn't try and hog possession any where near as much and if you actually watched the Port game you'd know Essendon won through long kicking and fast ball movement.

Not to mention that Essendon averaged the 5th most inside 50s in the league which means we had to have been going forward regularly.

Did you watch any of our games in the second half of the year. We didn't try and hog possession any where near as much and if you actually watched the Port game you'd know Essendon won through long kicking and fast ball movement.

Not to mention that Essendon averaged the 5th most inside 50s in the league which means we had to have been going forward regularly.
That is really poor - either your forward line is putrid or your mids butcher the ball.

5th most inside 50s yet 12th in scoring.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McKenzie (West Coast)
Mumford
Goldstein
Ebert
Redden
Hibberd
Mundy
Hansen
Broadbent
Burgoyne

Was one of the favourites for the Brownlow, not that under rated.
Yet people on here say that it's biased to think he's in the top 20 players in the league.

Yet people on here say that it's biased to think he's in the top 20 players in the league.
GAJ, Buddy, Pendles, JPK, Selwood, Fyfe, Dangerfield, Boak, Gray, Roughead, Watson, Rievoldt, Beams, Mitchell, Taylor, Cotchin, Griffen, Sandilands, Swan, Hodge.
Sloane, Liberatore, Rockliff, Harvey, Dal Santo, Ward, Priddis, Bartel, Murphy, Parker, Johnson, Gibbs, Barlow, McVeigh, Hanley, O'Meara, Deledio, Jacobs, Lewis, Wingard. Then maybe Heppell

Sloane, Liberatore, Rockliff, Harvey, Dal Santo, Ward, Priddis, Bartel, Murphy, Parker, Johnson, Gibbs, Barlow, McVeigh, Hanley, O'Meara, Deledio, Jacobs, Lewis, Wingard. Then maybe Heppell
He's as good or better than all of them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back