VFL Past #54: Nick O'Brien - returning to play for Essendon VFL in 2017!

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope he has a good game tomorrow. He obviously knows how to get the ball in the VFL. We need his bigger body to help out Watson and Heppell. He was drafted as a half forward so it will be interesting to see how he gets played threw out the game. Hopefully he gets to play a full game.

Had to be rewarded for his form.....no issue with the selection.

My issue with NOB is that when playing seniors he's always played very innocuous, anonymous footy - doesn't impact contests at all and you barely know he's out there. A counterpoint is someone like Langford, who didn't find a heap of footy, but was constantly involved - there was a presence in the way he played.

Hope we see something different on the weekend, if not then I'm not keen to see a lot more of him - if he wants an AFL career then he needs to show the required desperation and intensity. Frankly, given his skill-set and limited physical qualities, he needs to play with Heath Hocking-like intensity to have a meaningful career. Hope we see it tomorrow.

What do you suggest - play him on Mitchell or Hodge for a full game...??
Yep. He's not there to look pretty and stand around. He's there to show us what he's got or face the axe at the end of the year. He HAS to be given a chance to do that or we all die wondering.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back