Review Tom Lamb (2015 - 2017)

Remove this Banner Ad

We stuffed around with Yeo last year plugging holes in defence. A more consistent mid / forward role in 2016 for Yeo will pay bigger dividends.

Really hope we never play 3 tall backs again. McGovern and Lamb could provide serious flexibility and allow us to play another m7d or running utility such as Ellis, Duggan or say a Nelson or Karpany / Partington rather than a extra tall back such as Brown or Schofield.
I think that, if McKenzie is coming back into the team, McGovern MAY be used forward, but, if he isn't it will make it difficult for Lamb to get a run. Personally I would like to see a rotation policy that gives players like Lamb and McInnes a chance to impress.

I think that, if McKenzie is coming back into the team, McGovern MAY be used forward, but, if he isn't it will make it difficult for Lamb to get a run. Personally I would like to see a rotation policy that gives players like Lamb and McInnes a chance to impress.
Will be interesting how Darling will be used. Last years injury restricted him from playing further up the ground and his GF performance showed we need someone else across half forward. Darling and Lamb rotating forward, up the ground and providing Kennedy and McGovern spells on the bench could work a treat. If we are struggling down back McGovern is insurance. Would rather Lamb plays ahead of both Brown or Schofield.

Will be interesting how Darling will be used. Last years injury restricted him from playing further up the ground and his GF performance showed we need someone else across half forward. Darling and Lamb rotating forward, up the ground and providing Kennedy and McGovern spells on the bench could work a treat. If we are struggling down back McGovern is insurance. Would rather Lamb plays ahead of both Brown or Schofield.
It's pretty tough to select a team when we have so many quality talls available. Given this, I also like the idea of a rotation policy for some of our talls to keep them fresh. I think against some teams (with 3 tall forwards) we should play 3 tall defenders (eg EMac, Schoey, Gov) but for others I agree we'd just want two and slot in another quality HBFer. As much as I'd love to see Gov forward I just keep coming back to how important he was reading the play and intercept marking last year. If we also want Yeo to play exclusively forward of centre (I thought he was often a key piece to our defensive structure last year as well) maybe it's too much to have Gov shifting forward as well? The good news is we know Simmo can adapt things quickly like he did after round 1 last season. Hopefully it won't happen because of injuries this year.

It's time for some ******* Lamb.

From AFL.com.au

Tom Lamb was a shining light in East Perth's loss with 23 disposals, six marks and four goals. He would certainly come into contention for a half-forward role.

If Tom Lamb doesn't make the side this weekend, I'll burn my new 100% merino heritage guernsey

It's time for some ******* Lamb.

From AFL.com.au

Tom Lamb was a shining light in East Perth's loss with 23 disposals, six marks and four goals. He would certainly come into contention for a half-forward role.

If Tom Lamb doesn't make the side this weekend, I'll burn my new 100% merino heritage guernsey
bookmarked.

Lamby likely to push out some of our underperforming so-called 'stars', according to the AFL website:

And with the team enjoying a rare good run on the injury front, Simpson has plenty of scope to make changes to his side.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit striking Ty Vickery.

Tom Lamb is pushing hard for a recall after booting five goals in the WAFL last weekend, consequat porttitor nulla, ac malesuada elit finibus on the edge of selection.

In nec magna at tortor congue dignissim fringilla sed sapien. Nullam mattis lorem id mollis vehicula. In hac habitasse platea dictumst.

Simpson will consider making some unforced changes this week in a bid to strengthen the side.

"We don't want to let these guys go unrewarded when they play well at East Perth," Simpson told Perth radio station 6PR.

"Aenean dapibus lectus vel purus lobortis, et consequat felis gravida. Duis accumsan aliquet erat, a eleifend neque vestibulum tempor.

Duis sagittis quis elit ac vehicula. Donec lectus mauris, semper pellentesque diam eget, tempus facilisis est."

"There'll be some guys looking over their shoulder. That's healthy for the club."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CWOGeDjWwAAJAO9.jpg

From The West Australian
A dominant second quarter against the breeze set up the 9.5 (60) to 7.10 (52) result for the Royals.

The visitors were boosted by 15 West Coast-listed players, with Patrick McGinnity, Tom Lamb, Mark Hutchings, Brant Colledge and Paddy Brophy all prominent.

BEST - EAST PERTH:McGinnity, Fraser, Johnson, Colledge, Brophy, Hutchings, Lamb.

Some people think there's no room for another tall forward in the West Coast line up.

Well, I just sat through 3 hours watching our so called untouchable key forwards struggle BIG TIME in the wet conditions.

Unlike butter-fingers Darling, Tom Lamb excelled - clearly demonstrating that he is used to these sorts of conditions, having grown up in the wet and miserable Victorian climate.

I think after today's match, it's clear that if we want to compete with the best Victorian sides throughout that crucial July-September period, we simply can't rely on forwards who grew up in the dry, flat Mediterranean tracks of Sorrento, Northampton and Cervantes.

Simmo - use your ******* noggin. It's time to bring in Lamb.

From The West Australian

Some people think there's no room for another tall forward in the West Coast line up.

Well, I just sat through 3 hours watching our so called untouchable key forwards struggle BIG TIME in the wet conditions.

Unlike butter-fingers Darling, Tom Lamb excelled - clearly demonstrating that he is used to these sorts of conditions, having grown up in the wet and miserable Victorian climate.

I think after today's match, it's clear that if we want to compete with the best Victorian sides throughout that crucial July-September period, we simply can't rely on forwards who grew up in the dry, flat Mediterranean tracks of Sorrento, Northampton and Cervantes.

Simmo - use your ******* noggin. It's time to bring in Lamb.
Agree time to bring some excitement in, lecras is finished

Agree time to bring some excitement in, lecras is finished
Unfortunately Le Cras seems to have so many credits in the bank that it'll take a monumental performance in th WAFL for Lamb to be given a game over him.

It's really *in depressing

b8965538a3668b2760a5c3723c15da75.gif

giphy.gif

tom lamb bday.png

giphy.gif

TOM LAMB TURNS 20 TODAY, FINALLY BECOMING AN ADULT

CONGRATULATIONS TOM FOR MAKING IT THIS FAR

AND FOR REMAINING A WEST COAST EAGLE IN 2017!

INCIDENTALLY IT'S ALSO MY MUM'S BIRTHDAY TODAY

giphy.gif

giphy.gif