100th Anniversary of the Day Nothing Happened

Remove this Banner Ad

Its no myth. While some people may disagree with the implications of the Anzac legend or believe it to be distorted, it cannot be denied that our soldiers who fought so bravely at Gallipoli helped to create a proud national reputation that has earned the respect of people worldwide. This, off the back of the qualities of mateship, strength and bravery when faced with probably the greatest folly in the historuy of human kind.

Who mentioned revisionism?

Peter Stanley says the Le Havre postcard is merely the most celebrated example of bad behaviour by Australia's original Anzacs.

''Australians were 10 times more likely to go absent in the Great War than British soldiers, or the Canadians or New Zealanders,'' says the British-born Dr Stanley, who was principal historian at the Australian War Memorial before moving to the National Museum of Australia.

''It embarrassed Australian commanders and it infuriated British officers like Field Marshal Sir Douglas Haig that so many Australian were legging it. The British wanted Australia to introduce the death penalty for desertion, but Australia never did.''

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/national/dese...digger-myth-20100801-111gv.html#ixzz3Ikbu2JzA

The usual left, trashing everything that sustained their freedom to trash everything. The significance of Remembrance Day should not be manipulated in this way. We are seeing history rewritten before our eyes, and the meaning of things like Remembrance Day is being diluted to suit the ideologies of the leftist minority. This is done at the expense of our children and their understanding of our history. Lest we forget

How are you with 'manipulating' the 100th anniversary of a ship loaded with men, whose names none of us know, sailing from a port situated in a justifiably little-known West Australian town? This thread has nothing to do with Remembrance Day. In fact, Remembrance Day is just as relevant as your pathetic contributions to this thread, i.e. not at all. Your children, if you indeed have any, have far more serious problems, connected with exposure to bigotry and flap doodle from you, than anything I could write on this obscure forum. Why do you have such an obsession about left ****? I thought you'd be more likely to go for the obverse one.

How are you with 'manipulating' the 100th anniversary of a ship loaded with men, whose names none of us know, sailing from a port situated in a justifiably little-known West Australian town? This thread has nothing to do with Remembrance Day. In fact, Remembrance Day is just as relevant as your pathetic contributions to this thread, i.e. not at all. Your children, if you indeed have any, have far more serious problems, connected with exposure to bigotry and flap doodle from you, than anything I could write on this obscure forum. Why do you have such an obsession about left ****? I thought you'd be more likely to go for the obverse one.

Soooo bitter and twisted!! That you cant tolerate Australians recognising our own history through the landmark 100th anniversary re-enactment of troop departures to WW1 from Albany? To be so self absorbed with your own bizarre feelings of offence, that you'd liken memorial services with public masterbation and demean our war heroes memory by implying they didn't have families who remember them? Really? Then you attack me personally, bringing my kids into the equasion and inventing another obscure application for the word "bigot" - because I disagree with you?

Soooo bitter and twisted!! That you cant tolerate Australians recognising our own history through the landmark 100th anniversary re-enactment of troop departures to WW1 from Albany? To be so self absorbed with your own bizarre feelings of offence, that you'd liken memorial services with public masterbation and demean our war heroes memory by implying they didn't have families who remember them? Really? Then you attack me personally, bringing my kids into the equasion and inventing another obscure application for the word "bigot" - because I disagree with you?
Truthfully, I think you'll find that it was you who raised the issue of your children. I feel pleased that you eventually saw fit to actually read my posts on this thread, rather than ranting about the irrelevant Remembrance Day. For your information, all of those "war heroes" who left on those ships are dead. As a result, their memories are too.

Do you hold the thieves, philanderers, rapists and murderers among them as heroes too? Does it hurt to think of them as individuals with human foibles like the rest of us? Or are you hopelessly ensconsed in your masturbatory embrace of the myth you are propagating? Are you from West Australia?

Last edited:
Truthfully, I think you'll find that it was you who raised the issue of your children. I feel pleased that you eventually saw fit to actually read my posts on this thread, rather than ranting about the irrelevant Remembrance Day. For your information, all of those "war heroes" who left on those ships are dead. As a result, their memories are too.

Do you hold the thieves, philanderers, rapists and murderers among them as heroes too? Does it hurt to think of them as individuals with human foibles like the rest of us? Or are you hopelessly ensconsed in your masturbatory embrace of the myth you are propagating? Are you from West Australia?
confess we forget.

12 hail mary's i prescribe u mr skilts

I think many here are incorrectly stereotyping those who believe ANZAC Day to be important as somehow 'glorifying' or 'celebrating' acts of war. This is just completely incorrect and if you are doing it, you are either being deliberately dishonest or are completely ignorant of other people's thoughts.

A massive proportion of Australians have a connection to someone who has served in the military (family or otherwise) and many would also know the pain of losing someone to conflict. It's little wonder that people feel a sense of duty to take one day a year to commemorate those people, which is quite a healthy and understandable thing to do. It's also very different to celebrating or glorifying war or turning those who have died into heroic martyrs of some kind. Again, for the overwhelming majority, this simply isnt the case.

The media and politicians are a different kettle of fish. The media are after clickbait and pollies want what all pollies want - image.

TL;DR?

lol @ posters losing it over the politicising of ANZAC Day who politicise it themselves.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back