100th Anniversary of the Day Nothing Happened

Remove this Banner Ad

Next year is the fiftieth anniversary of the Grateful Dead's formation, marking that will be much more fun than standing on a shitty shoreline in Turkey pretending to care about some long passed atrocity, it's not like we've learnt anything from it anyway.
This guy got it;
"I'm sick and tired of old men sitting around in air conditioned rooms here in Washington, dreaming up wars for young men to die in."
George McGovern

"I'm sick and tired of old men sitting around in air conditioned rooms here in Washington, dreaming up wars for young men to die in."
George McGovern

Creedence got it right to when they pointed out those who send us to war are the first ones to dodge paying for it.

Some folks are born silver spoon in their hand, lord don't they help themselves, but when the tax man comes to the door, lord their house looks like a rummage sail.

Next year is the fiftieth anniversary of the Grateful Dead's formation, marking that will be much more fun than standing on a shitty shoreline in Turkey pretending to care about some long passed atrocity, it's not like we've learnt anything from it anyway.
This guy got it;
George McGovern

The liberal Dems have more service history than most of the Chunt chicken hawks like Cheney. Here is George McGovern's war record:

He volunteered for the U.S. Army Air Forces upon the country's entry into World War II and as a B-24 Liberator pilot flew 35 missions over German-occupied Europe. Among the medals bestowed upon him was a Distinguished Flying Cross for making a hazardous emergency landing of his damaged plane and saving his crew.

Jimmy Carter: http://www.history.navy.mil/faqs/faq60-14.htm

Sure beats "I had other priorities" and then when he gets into Government he can't send troops into harms way fast enough - * off Dick!

Last edited:
skilts died on a beach when his wife was farking him, and now you are conversing with a phantasm named skilts Present Not Past
skilts in final mortal ecstasy
images

The liberal Dems have more service history than most of the Chunt chicken hawks like Cheney. Here is George McGovern's war record:

He volunteered for the U.S. Army Air Forces upon the country's entry into World War II and as a B-24 Liberator pilot flew 35 missions over German-occupied Europe. Among the medals bestowed upon him was a Distinguished Flying Cross for making a hazardous emergency landing of his damaged plane and saving his crew.

Sure beats "I had other priorities" and then when he gets into Government he can't send troops into harms way fast enough - **** off Dick!

I hated hearing John Howards recent lament over sending young people off to war. What a weak cop out. He had every option of not sending them. Now Abbott is just as desperate to risk other lives, not his own though.

Why do politicians all line up on ANZAC day & Armistice day to mourn the dead & injured that they are responsible for.??

I hated hearing John Howards recent lament over sending young people off to war. What a weak cop out. He had every option of not sending them. Now Abbott is just as desperate to risk other lives, not his own though.

Why do politicians all line up on ANZAC day & Armistice day to mourn the dead & injured that they are responsible for.??

Sure beats "I had other priorities" and then when he gets into Government he can't send troops into harms way fast enough - **** off Dick!

That's interesting. He actually volunteered to fight in the war. It doesn't quite gel with his statements about 'Old Men dreaming up wars for Young Men to get killed in'.

Or is he saying, that if the Old Men say 'Fight!', you fight.

I know the Germans declared war on the US, but really, they were in no danger from them. Japanese - eh, maybe.

I guess it comes down to when does a war become an 'honourable' war?

That's interesting. He actually volunteered to fight in the war. It doesn't quite gel with his statements about 'Old Men dreaming up wars for Young Men to get killed in'.

Or is he saying, that if the Old Men say 'Fight!', you fight.

I know the Germans declared war on the US, but really, they were in no danger from them. Japanese - eh, maybe.

I guess it comes down to when does a war become an 'honourable' war?

The only plane to have more combat missions over Berlin than McGovern's was Memphis Belle - his combat experience gives him some freedom to comment on war any way he saw fit!

Love being in the Army, hate being kicked around by idiot politicians that use us for a photo op at ANZAC Day or at a Ramp Ceremony; and ignored for the rest of their brief time in office.

Flogs and *******s every last one of them.
But you dedicated your life to serving their whims anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But you dedicated your life to serving their whims anyway.
Because the ADF will be around as an institution long after any one individual is gone.

Much like a football team with a bad coach, eventually they get fired and you hope the next one is better.

I must have the patience of Job.

Bush snr record not too shabby. The warrior below has attacked seven Muslim countries. Bushido!!

obama-smoking-weed-picture-real-i10.jpg

That picture is usually twinned with the one of Bibi Netanyahu at the same age in his commando uniform

Possibly even civil strife and insurrection let alone the international ruckus-crewing, with the rise of this;

tumblr_inline_mh7kamc7Ye1r35cm6.jpg

Luckily most of the folk who wear this garb kill themselves in freak back yard idiocy competitions, skulling turps or sniffing leaded paints.
One I know had his missus trim his mullet with a Victa. No head...no loss.
There is no shortage of the totally brain-dead reciters of rote BS at country music awards and local pool comps.

They are giving Gallipoli a fair hiding on the History Channel on Foxtel.
I had a Great Uncle who died on the Western Front.
Never had any intention to research him more as I had other family members serve in other wars.
But ever since the Albany memorials, I have.
For mine, the OP is disrespectful.
If anything brings awareness to what the Anzacs did 100 years ago, it's a great exercise for mine.

Never had any intention to research him more as I had other family members serve in other wars.
If anything brings awareness to what the Anzacs did 100 years ago, it's a great exercise for mine.

Great. As if Gallipoli wasn't Sugarcoated enough;)

Disrespectful to whom?

Got home from the Craigie an hour ago.
This is God Fearing WA after all.
Anything that brings awareness to what was done to the ANZACS and the others is good for mine.
Sorry skilts thought you wanted to know about the action at the Craigie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back